11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5383|Cleveland, Ohio

Beduin wrote:

I do not approve this military operation. People must learn to take care of their own. This is because Libya is a small strategic very rich country. 
If you want something, work hard for it and earn it. Nothing is for free you know...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6820|Canberra, AUS

11 Bravo wrote:

Spark wrote:

mostly because the AU is and has always been in gaddafi's pocket.
so what?  thats their problem.
well, that doesn't exactly make them fine representatives of the wishes of the african people.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
jord
+2,382|6824|The North, beyond the wall.
If it keeps oil prices down I'm for it. Starting to take the piss these prices.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6251|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

C2 and air defenses have to be taken down to ensure the NFZ doesn't get mucked with.

People have been saying that since the NFZ has started to be discussed, Dilbert.
And I predicted it would happen before the NFZ was announced.

Announcing a NFZ doesn't give the right to flatten everything on the ground which emits a radio signal.
Its a no-fly zone, not a no-radar zone.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Spark
+874|6820|Canberra, AUS
How the hell are you supposed to enforce a no-fly zone if your planes keep getting shot down? In any case this is far more than a simple NFZ.

Last edited by Spark (2011-03-20 04:21:39)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Bertster7 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

this will not be an Iraq/Afghan
yes it will.
I don't think so. No one wants to go in on the ground. Providing air and naval support for the rebels is about as far as I think this will go.
Then is will likely be another Somalia, or maybe Nigeria - a corrupt govt in the pocket of the oil companies.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Spark wrote:

How the hell are you supposed to enforce a no-fly zone if your planes keep getting shot down? In any case this is far more than a simple NFZ.
Have any planes been shot down enforcing the NFZ?
Maybe we should just shoot anyone pointing an AK upwards.
11 Bravo
Banned

Dilbert_X wrote:

Announcing a NFZ doesn't give the right to flatten everything on the ground which emits a radio signal.
Its a no-fly zone, not a no-radar zone.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6469|New Haven, CT

Dilbert_X wrote:

Spark wrote:

Have any planes been shot down enforcing the NFZ?
Maybe we should just shoot anyone pointing an AK upwards.
Perchance there have been no lost aircraft because the air forces and navies have concentrated on destroying ground-based air defenses?
11 Bravo
Banned
no thats the risk you take.  if one fires at you then take it out.  until then....piss off.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

11 Bravo wrote:

no thats the risk you take.  if one fires at you then take it out.  until then....piss off.
Exactly, just as a ceasefire doesn't mean you can still shoot anyone who looks at you funny.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-03-20 05:20:02)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6920|Noizyland

As to why the International community is involved it's because for once it wants to take a stand against something awful. It seems lessons have been learned from Rwanda.

As the why the US is involved... I have no idea. I mean I see it as a good thing but I don't see why other global powers can't do their part instead of it falling to the US armed forces. Again.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
11 Bravo
Banned

Ty wrote:

As to why the International community is involved it's because for once it wants to take a stand against something awful.
again...what is awful?  it aint much worse than most countries...worse in others nobody cares about.
Spark
+874|6820|Canberra, AUS
and that makes it ok? no one said this was consistent.
~ Richard Feynman
11 Bravo
Banned

Spark wrote:

and that makes it ok? no one said this was consistent.
so you are helping the rebels?  good job.  im sure that will work out just fine.
11 Bravo
Banned
oh and stop saying "it is to protect civilians."  bollocks.  its for oil and regime change.  have fun with the nation building.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Ty wrote:

As to why the International community is involved it's because for once it wants to take a stand against something awful. It seems lessons have been learned from Rwanda.
It would be nice to think that but I'm highly doubtful, we won't be going into Zimbabwe or Tibet any time soon, nor will we be siding with the Taliban when they 'rebel' against the corrupt Pakistani govt.

All we're doing is giving a whole new part of the world a reason to hate the west, and I expect 'democracy' in a new Libya to be a total shit-bucket.
Spark
+874|6820|Canberra, AUS
how are you meant to nation build without troops on the ground? don't go down the dx territory marine
~ Richard Feynman
11 Bravo
Banned

Spark wrote:

how are you meant to nation build without troops on the ground? don't go down the dx territory marine
because i know there will be troops on the ground eventually.  you can count on it.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6294|'straya
If the coalition has learn't anything from Iraq it is secure the oil, change the regime then get the fuck outta there.

Whether they follow this lesson we will soon see.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If we don't nation build it will become Somalia, if we do it will be another Nigeria.

Its all a bit odd considering we were chums with Gadaffi until lately.

https://i.imgur.com/s3CG2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HOeUy.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

If the coalition has learn't anything from Iraq it is secure the oil, change the regime then get the fuck outta there.
How do propose to do that? As soon as you leave the oil is unsecured.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5504|London, England

jord wrote:

If it keeps oil prices down I'm for it. Starting to take the piss these prices.
Your govt has a higher tax on petrol than the actual cost is. Bitch at them.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6556|'Murka

11 Bravo wrote:

FEOS wrote:

WMD: He's still got gobs of them in storage.
did curveball tell you that?
No. Try Google.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
11 Bravo
Banned

FEOS wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

FEOS wrote:

WMD: He's still got gobs of them in storage.
did curveball tell you that?
No. Try Google.
well golly they are so dangerous why did we wait until now?  or better yet why are we pissing him off into using them?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard