Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5731

menzo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Crossed what line?

I'm serious.
bombing and killing civilians, who were totally peaceful
Who gives a shit? That's not our problem. If our friends and allies decide to decimate their populations it doesn't give us a a good enough reason to ruin relations and undo a lot of good progress on our end.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5504|London, England

Bertster7 wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

It's not a factor for the rebels, since all the civilian population are on their side....
and you asked every single one of those 90%+, right?

edit: k, i edited mine too.
Have you seen anything from Libyans saying they support Gaddafi? Check twitter feeds and suchlike - they all hate him. Huge sections of his government are abandoning him, his military peronnel have been defecting and he is relying on foreign mercenaries.

Does he sound popular to you?
Why does it matter to you? Is it your country? Why is this UN resolution ok but toppling Saddam means lolol us is empire building?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6592|Amsterdam‫

Jay wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Have you seen anything from Libyans saying they support Gaddafi? Check twitter feeds and suchlike - they all hate him. Huge sections of his government are abandoning him, his military peronnel have been defecting and he is relying on foreign mercenaries.

Why does it matter to you? Is it your country? Why is this UN resolution ok but toppling Saddam means lolol us is empire building?
because we are not toppling the regime, only protecting the civilians
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5731

lol U.N.

Hey Shahter do people in your country give a shit about the U.N.? Ours really don't.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

menzo wrote:

Jay wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

How naive are you?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6727|SE London

Macbeth wrote:

menzo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Crossed what line?

I'm serious.
Who gives a shit? That's not our problem. If our friends and allies decide to decimate their populations it doesn't give us a a good enough reason to ruin relations and undo a lot of good progress on our end.
Which is why Bahrain are getting away with it.

As I said, it's because Gaddafi is a cunt and no one likes him, therefore everyone is happy to back resolutions against him for breaking international law by targeting civilians in this way.

Do you really think of Gaddafi as a friend and ally?
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6592|Amsterdam‫

Jay wrote:

menzo wrote:

Jay wrote:

How naive are you?
i will agree that we are toppling the regime when we have forces on the ground, you can t topple a regime with airpower only. sure we are helping the repels do it. be we aren't the ones doing it.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6921|Moscow, Russia
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5383|Cleveland, Ohio

menzo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Crossed what line?

I'm serious.
show me where he did that please.  actual proof would be nice.  and rebels are not civilians.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6727|SE London

Jay wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Toppling Saddam under these circumstances would've been fine.

This is the way it's supposed to be done. Supporting a popular revolt on the ground against a tyrant with unanimous support from the UN would've gone down fine in Iraq - but the cirumstances there were very different.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

menzo wrote:

Jay wrote:

menzo wrote:

How naive are you?
i will agree that we are toppling the regime when we have forces on the ground, you can t topple a regime with airpower only. sure we are helping the repels do it. be we aren't the ones doing it.
Your mental gymnastics are quite astounding. So it's ok to use force as long as no one is on the ground.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Bertster7 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Toppling Saddam under these circumstances would've been fine.

This is the way it's supposed to be done. Supporting a popular revolt on the ground against a tyrant with unanimous support from the UN would've gone down fine in Iraq - but the cirumstances there were very different.
Your mental gymnastics are almost equal to menzos.

Fucking hypocrites.
-Frederick Bastiat
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6727|SE London

Jay wrote:

menzo wrote:

Jay wrote:

How naive are you?
Your mental gymnastics are quite astounding. So it's ok to use force as long as no one is on the ground.
Worked well in Kosovo....
11 Bravo
Banned

menzo wrote:

why libya?  why not the ivory coast?  burma?  sudan?  etc
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6592|Amsterdam‫

11 Bravo wrote:

menzo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Crossed what line?

I'm serious.
show me where he did that please.  actual proof would be nice.  and rebels are not civilians.
first thing i could find. we can assume that they were not the only ones that got those orders
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/ … 2R20110221
11 Bravo
Banned

menzo wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

menzo wrote:

first thing i could find. we can assume that they were not the only ones that got those orders
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/ … 2R20110221
he said she said

next
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Bertster7 wrote:

Jay wrote:

menzo wrote:

Yeah? Except the US had thousands of troops on the ground.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5731

Bertster7 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

menzo wrote:

As I said, it's because Gaddafi is a cunt and no one likes him, therefore everyone is happy to back resolutions against him for breaking international law by targeting civilians in this way.

Not a single American on this forum cares about international law or the U.N. Reminding us they are violating international law isn't going to get you anywhere. As much as I've seen that argument come up and get ignored it's amazing anyone bothers trying it...

I don't think he's worth the money or men and I don't think removing him will have any benefit to us.
11 Bravo
Banned
you know at the beginning of this i was watching cnn and they were interviewing some woman in her apartment.  she held up a bullet that she claimed was fired at her apartment.  however when you look at the bullet...that was never fired.  maybe it was tossed on her balcony but not fired.  such a scam cnn actually ran with that story.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

you know at the beginning of this i was watching cnn and they were interviewing some woman in her apartment.  she held up a bullet that she claimed was fired at her apartment.  however when you look at the bullet...that was never fired.  maybe it was tossed on her balcony but not fired.  such a scam cnn actually ran with that story.
Was it still in the jacket?
-Frederick Bastiat
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6727|SE London

Jay wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Yeah? Except the US had thousands of troops on the ground.
Not until several months in and they were only doing peacekeeping, not combat operations. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens here.
11 Bravo
Banned

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

no
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5731

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

There was a thread on bf2s long ago of a picture from Yahoo.com that showed an Iraqi lady holding up a 7.62 bullet still in the jacket and claiming U.S. soldiers shot it at her house. lol
https://www.rxt7.com/log/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/yahoo-news-photo_1187254597562.png
found the picture

Last edited by Macbeth (2011-03-19 12:16:25)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6727|SE London

Macbeth wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Not a single American on this forum cares about international law or the U.N. Reminding us they are violating international law isn't going to get you anywhere. As much as I've seen that argument come up and get ignored it's amazing anyone bothers trying it...

I don't think he's worth the money or men and I don't think removing him will have any benefit to us.
What money and men?

From what I hear the US aren't providing anything other than AWACs and communications support. European and Arab forces are the ones dealing with this.
11 Bravo
Banned
for now...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard