13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6651

mikkel
+383|6755

11 Bravo wrote:

Kmar wrote:

derp.. yea LaGuardia
that airport should diaf.  brb have to plan a flight to lga right now.
Doesn't LGA have a 1,500 mile limit that would make it an impossible destination from West Coast airports?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5855|College Park, MD
owned ^
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5391|Cleveland, Ohio

mikkel wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Kmar wrote:

derp.. yea LaGuardia
Doesn't LGA have a 1,500 mile limit that would make it an impossible destination from West Coast airports?
wut
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5332|Sydney
Pretty sure the flights I looked at were flying into LaGuardia.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5512|London, England

mikkel wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Kmar wrote:

derp.. yea LaGuardia
Probably. It's tiny(ish).
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6732|Columbus, OH
That's wat she said
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6477|New Haven, CT
I mean get tipsy/drunk quickly and cheaply in the hotel room, then go to the bar with friends and slowly drink there to sustain your "happiness" for the majority of the evening.

Poseidon wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Pretty sure that's what the bars are there for.

Dunno, call me biased, but I just got home from visiting 4 bars tonight, and I'm a little tipsy at 4am.
Nuk doesn't understand the concept of friends and having a good time.
fix'd
feck u figured me out bro im misrable and secretly wish i was as good at life as u

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2011-03-20 05:04:27)

Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
Thanks for the tip... I've been drinking for 14 years now...

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-03-20 05:42:27)

11 Bravo
Banned

Jay wrote:

mikkel wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Probably. It's tiny(ish).
i dunno i took a 757 from miami to lga...but ya west coast may be a bit far
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
Starting to think maybe 4 weeks?? Not sure. The girl I'm going over with has said she wants to go to New Orleans, and so would I as my mate said it was a great place. Plus I would love to see some jazz bands there. Is it a lot different now since the hurricane? I also heard there are like two distinct sections of the city?
11 Bravo
Banned

Jaekus wrote:

Is it a lot different now since the hurricane?
nope.  bourbon street is the same
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney

11 Bravo wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Is it a lot different now since the hurricane?
nope.  bourbon street is the same
Sweet, thanks man.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Jaekus wrote:

Starting to think maybe 4 weeks?? Not sure. The girl I'm going over with has said she wants to go to New Orleans, and so would I as my mate said it was a great place. Plus I would love to see some jazz bands there. Is it a lot different now since the hurricane? I also heard there are like two distinct sections of the city?
You might as well just rent a car and save yourself all the airfare then if you're going to bounce around so much.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6477|New Haven, CT

Jaekus wrote:

Thanks for the tip... I've been drinking for 14 years now...
yw bud (i mean im just explaining the op now nothing more not tryna give more advice)
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney

Jay wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

You might as well just rent a car and save yourself all the airfare then if you're going to bounce around so much.
Yeah I know, already have that planned for part of it. At the moment just feeling it all out first before making any concrete plans (other than Vegas). More feedback/advice I get the better, you guys have been really helpful.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6803

Jay wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Surely the cost of gas - even in the US - for that distance would be more than flights?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6477|New Haven, CT
SF to LA is 80 for a flight and 30-40 for gas dependent on fuel efficiency. Since he doesn't own a car, though, you'd have to factor in the cost of renting one, which would probably eat up the difference.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

ghettoperson wrote:

Jay wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Surely the cost of gas - even in the US - for that distance would be more than flights?
Not if it's a group of people. For a solo person it would be about even. Flying is expensive and inconvenient.

1600 miles, 25 mpg,$4 per gallon = $256
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
Well because I am now with a couple other people we'll have to discuss it.
Both have their pros and cons.

Flying:
Pros - quicker travel time, more convenient
Cons - more expensive, can be frustrating with delays

Driving:
Pros - as a group it's cheaper, it can also be a good way to see the country
Cons - can take up a lot more time, which in itself can be frustrating

Dunno, have to think about this one. We are planning on driving from SF to LA though.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Never done that trip but I've heard the Pacific Coast Highway is gorgeous. Probably going to take you a full day though.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
We're planning on taking a few days, stopping in at Santa Cruz and a couple other places on the way. The girl I'm going with has done that drive before all the way down to San Diego, said it was awesome.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Jaekus wrote:

We're planning on taking a few days, stopping in at Santa Cruz and a couple other places on the way. The girl I'm going with has done that drive before all the way down to San Diego, said it was awesome.
It's too bad you're skipping out on the best part of the country
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
It's probably too long to drive to/from New Orleans. If we started there it would probably work, but we're most likely starting in Vegas. Looks like New Orleans will be the flown part of the trip.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6477|New Haven, CT

Jay wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

It's too bad you're skipping out on the best part of the country
Lol NY is a cesspool.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard