Arkanon
+3|6739|London, UK
I've searched but found nothing on this, so...

The last two days, my server browser has been empty. If I click Update Server List, the network interface lights blink for a second and the message "Updating server list" appears, but nothing happens. I've tried removing all of the filters, but still no servers appear.

If I go to my Favourites list I can connect to a game no problem. But my favourites list contains very few servers, and I crave the full list.

I've not updated any software, nor have I changed any firewall settings.

Any ideas why my server browser is looking but not finding any servers?
unbroken.m
+9|6787|Germany
What did you type in the search fields above the server list?
I know that the search system is not able to find servers when you fill in two of them.
Example: 24/7 Karkand as Server Name and Strike at Karkand as Map Name. That wouldn't work. Just one field should be filled in.
Try to search for servers with a certain map, Karkand for example, and see if you get hits.

Last edited by unbroken.m (2006-05-13 09:43:45)

unbroken.m
+9|6787|Germany
If nothing helps, find servers you'd like to play on with Xfire. Either you start BF2 from Xfire then, or you note the IPs and connect with that (button below the server list). That should work as you can also still connect to your favorites.
tupla_s
+455|6636|Finland
Sometimes if u'r looking for specific server but it  doesn't appear and then go to community and then back to multiplayer and it's there... try that... works for me

Last edited by tupla_s (2006-05-13 09:55:34)

broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6795|The 70's
I had your exact symptoms, mine was caused by a setting in my router. I had to lower my MTU size to 1400. For most ISP's the setting is 1492, but some need a lower setting. Might be worth checking yours (if you use a router). i've changed now to BT 8Mb, a big improvement.

good luck.
DoobieUB
+0|6744|Behind my keyboard
Dude i have the same problem only just happend the only thing i have installed/updated recently was the EA downloader not sure if this is the cause!! What about you?

I have since un-installed BF2 and re-patched TNA, the odd thing is its playing the game fine when u gotto favss or have the ip addy, so far i have been doing the xfire things as unbroken.m stated! Althougjh thats not ideal.

If some1 comes across a fix please post as this is very gay!

Edit* dont have a router and i even tried turning off my firewall which is Bullguard and that didnt help either! Also to clear this up is its not doing a search its when u look to see the server list as standard it just doesnt appear, 0 servers and says updating but it just hangs!

Last edited by DoobieUB (2006-05-13 10:53:49)

Arkanon
+3|6739|London, UK
No, I've not installed EA Downloader, and I'd not tinkered with any of the settings or filters in the Server Browser. No idea why it would suddenly stop working.

As for the router, I can't find an MTU setting, and I've certainly not changed such a setting.

All very strange.
DoobieUB
+0|6744|Behind my keyboard
Mine started working again last night after playing i did nothing!
Arkanon
+3|6739|London, UK
Same here.

It just started to fill up when I loaded the game as usual. And then I finally got the Armoured Service Ribbon. Funny thing is, it was playing on a server that was in my favourites anyway. But it's nice to have the full list back.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard