nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6477|New Haven, CT

Jaekus wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

jaekus i know you just made it sound like you werent using a bottomless well given the veto of the new york venture hence i thought youd be receptive to saving money
Just getting return flights to NY and accom would cost at least $1,500.
Or I can get a one way flight to San Fran for ~$140 and the same length of accom for $500-$650. And I don't lost a day in travel.

It's more a common sense thing. Which means I have more money to party up with...

Jaekus Wins...

FRUGALITY
#FRUGALITY
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5512|London, England

Kmar wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Well, it now looks like a girl that I've been talking with is going to come now. Pretty sure she likes me, and I'd go there with her, so... see how it goes
You're bringing sand to the beach?
I was thinking the same thing. Aussie accent is a panty dropper. Why bring baggage?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5332|Sydney

Jaekus wrote:

She's been invited to the wedding by the happy couple. Coincidence, no?
But really, I'm just going to see how it all pans out. I'm not really pursuing, just seeing how things go. Maybe we'll just end up as friends. Either way, it's all win IMO.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Jaekus wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

She's been invited to the wedding by the happy couple. Coincidence, no?
But really, I'm just going to see how it all pans out. I'm not really pursuing, just seeing how things go. Maybe we'll just end up as friends. Either way, it's all win IMO.
Does she look like Jacinda Barrett? If yes, #WINNING.

Last edited by Jay (2011-03-17 07:22:21)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
No... my brother wants to come along too. He's pretty cool and could be my wingman.
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
Talking to the groom, turns out the bucks/stag night will be two nights before the wedding, in Vegas...
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6821

ghettoperson wrote:

You won't be sleeping, in the US having an accent is like going hunting with a minigun.
English/European, yes.  Australian, not so much.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5413|foggy bottom
i ran into some kiwis the other night when i was bar hopping
Tu Stultus Es
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney

Ilocano wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

You won't be sleeping, in the US having an accent is like going hunting with a minigun.
Should I go around saying "g'day mate" "crikey" and "that's not a knife"?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6821

Jaekus wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Should I go around saying "g'day mate" "crikey" and "that's not a knife"?
Australia = outback.  English = James Bond.  Pretend to be English.

BTW, I'm headed to Vegas tonight.
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
Pretend to be English? I think I'll just be myself and see how that goes. Pretty sure I'll do fine
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6821

Jaekus wrote:

Pretend to be English? I think I'll just be myself and see how that goes. Pretty sure I'll do fine
You've been warned.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ilocano wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

You've been warned.
Why? Aussie accent on a chick adds two points to hotness. Pretty sure it has the same impact on women.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
I think pretending to be English when clearly I'm not is about the dumbest advice I've had in this thread.
Except maybe for sitting in my hotel room to drink and not visit any bars.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6821

Jaekus wrote:

I think pretending to be English when clearly I'm not is about the dumbest advice I've had in this thread.
I meant avoiding the Australian cliche talk.  Of the Australian guys I've known personally, they've been the butt of jokes because of Hollywood's portrayal of Australians.

Jay, Aussie women with aceents is completely different.  I agree, hotness.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5413|foggy bottom
butt
Tu Stultus Es
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney

Ilocano wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I meant avoiding the Australian cliche talk.  Of the Australian guys I've known personally, they've been the butt of jokes because of Hollywood's portrayal of Australians.
Oh, I thought you meant the accent.

I don't say any clichéd Aussie slang. Feels weird to do it, lol. Most people I know don't either.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6870

Jaekus wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Oh, I thought you meant the accent.

I don't say any clichéd Aussie slang. Feels weird to do it, lol. Most people I know don't either.
be a bogan. you will get ze womens
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6497

Jaekus wrote:

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6477|New Haven, CT

Jaekus wrote:

I wasn't telling you to eschew going out, but rather that you shouldn't go to bars for the purpose of getting drunk.
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
Pretty sure that's what the bars are there for.

Dunno, call me biased, but I just got home from visiting 4 bars tonight, and I'm a little tipsy at 4am.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5190|Massachusetts, USA

Jaekus wrote:

Dunno, call me biased, but I just got home from visiting 4 bars tonight, and I'm a little tipsy at 4am.
Nuk is a fratboy, he doesn't understand the concept of going to a bar with a couple friends and having a good time.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
Yeah, I was 17 once too.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6497

UnkleRukus wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Nuk is a fratboy, he doesn't understand the concept of going to a bar with a couple friends and having a good time.
Sitting in your hotel room mixing diet coke with vodka is a much better time!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6691|Long Island, New York

UnkleRukus wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Nuk doesn't understand the concept of friends and having a good time.
fix'd

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard