Commie Killer
+192|6533

FEOS wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

If I were the Saudis I'd be more worried about Iraq, then again, they cant really do much about it. Kudos to them for jumping into Bahrain though.
The Saudis are only worried about Iraq in regards to Iran. It's all about keeping Iran's influence limited.
Thats what I was saying, the direction Iraq is heading.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6557|'Murka

Shahter wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Nobody "needs" this. Some things happen spontaneously in this world.
judging by US actions, they certainly need this.
Which actions would those be?

The EU is pushing for action in Libya much harder than the US is. Because their interests lie there...ours do not, beyond containing Daffy's WMD stockpiles.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5383|Cleveland, Ohio

eleven bravo wrote:

they cant afford the gum either, just the wrappers.
EVieira
+105|6624|Lutenblaag, Molvania
I seriously doubt Gaddafi can be brought down. He is a good tactician (he was trained in English war schools) and has a modern and loyal armed force behind him. Unless some world power decides to actively intervene (starting with, lets say, a no-fly zone?) he will regain control.

But also, I hope he can maintain his power, now that he is no longer funding terrorism. Libya prospered under his rule. He took down a corrupt and oppressive regime that was completely pupeteered by the English at the time. The people of Libya came from one of the poorest in Africa to the top. That's right, Libya has the best  human development indexes in Africa (its better than here, in Brazil) and as far as I've heard a decent wealth distribution that exists in no other petroleum-rich state.

Gadaffi is a dictator, but I doubt these rebels will do any good to Libya if they reach power. Specially if they are fundamentalists...
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6252|eXtreme to the maX

Turquoise wrote:

Apparently, American fervor for doing something about Saudi Arabia's actions in Bahrain along with the oppression of Bahrain's government against their rebels is much lower.
And Saudi oppression of their own people in an extremist islamic country which spawned AQ and 9/11?
Funny that.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6921|Moscow, Russia

Turquoise wrote:

Apparently, American fervor for doing something about Saudi Arabia's actions in Bahrain along with the oppression of Bahrain's government against their rebels is much lower.
of course. as long as they play by the rules, no need to destabilise them.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6747|132 and Bush

Shahter wrote:

FEOS wrote:

So are Russian tinfoil hats thicker than other styles?
nah, we simply keep our heads out of the sand here. try it sometime.
http://www.universetoday.com/31438/scie … ave-earth/
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110208/us_ … _april2036
crack pots
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6921|Moscow, Russia

Kmar wrote:

Shahter wrote:

FEOS wrote:

So are Russian tinfoil hats thicker than other styles?
crack pots
should i link you to stuff about similar loonies you have in the land of the free and the brave?.. nah, i'm sure you can find those yourself.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6747|132 and Bush

Shahter wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Shahter wrote:

crack pots
should i link you to stuff about similar loonies you have in the land of the free and the brave?.. nah, i'm sure you can find those yourself.
You see, I wasn't the one claiming that we "simply keep our heads out of the sand".
Nice try though.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6921|Moscow, Russia

Kmar wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Kmar wrote:

http://www.universetoday.com/31438/scientist-claims-ufo-collided-with-tunguska-meteorite-to-save-earth/
crack pots
You see, I wasn't the one claiming that we "simply keep our heads out of the sand".
of course you wasn't. because... well... you don't. but don't worry, it's okay - it makes you kinda predictable, though, which is not so good for discussion.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6747|132 and Bush

Shahter wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Shahter wrote:

of course you wasn't. because... well... you don't. but don't worry, it's okay - it makes you kinda predictable, though, which is not so good for discussion.
Putting your foot in your mouth isn't good for discussion neither.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6921|Moscow, Russia

Kmar wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Putting your foot in your mouth isn't good for discussion neither.
absolutely. every time feos and the likes do that i feel kinda dissapointed - i do know thay can do better, but for some reason they keep firing the same beaten cliches over and over again. hence the comment about the head in the sand.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6747|132 and Bush

I agree with that, with his first reply. He is capable of more. His following remarks were a little more comprehensive.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
eleven bravo
+1,399|5405|foggy bottom

Shahter wrote:

beaten cliches over and over again.
this is a joke, right?
Tu Stultus Es
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6921|Moscow, Russia
well... let' get to the basics which divide us here shall we? all "usa. fuck, yeah!"-ers in one way ot another base their rethorics on the following:

1. democracratic is always the best form of government.
2. people want democracy.
3. usa want everybody to be democratic because it's good and so it supports and spreads democracy around the world because it's the righ thing to do.

all three are obvious bullshit - the whole history of human civilization is one enourmous piece of evidence to that - yet people here keep throwing it at me as if it's actually been established as a fact. well... it's good for lulz but not for much of anything else.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6145|...
Never claimed any of those were true. I'm not an American either, but I'm not going to deny facts of history. If you believe there are ulterior motives to the situation in Libya and much of the ME or why Saddam was removed, you're being deliberately ignorant.
inane little opines
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6557|'Murka

He keeps claiming ulterior motives, claiming those of us who don't agree there are ulterior motives "have our heads in the sand," yet offers zero in the way of analysis or fact to support his position. To borrow a phrase:

but don't worry, it's okay - it makes (him) kinda predictable, though, which is not so good for discussion.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5383|Cleveland, Ohio

eleven bravo wrote:

Shahter wrote:

beaten cliches over and over again.
this is a joke, right?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6747|132 and Bush

Foreign Secretary, William Hague, says draft UN Libya resolution calls for 'all necessary measures' short of an occupation force..
um, that sounds almost like authorization for a no fly zone.. because
Al Jazeera, citing witnesses, reports heavy bombardment of residential areas of Ajdabiyah in east Libya
oh yea, and.. "Obama administration seeks U.N. resolution authorizing wide range of strikes in Libya."
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6921|Moscow, Russia
but of course! now al jazeera has suddenly become a reliable source of information. un doesn't seem so worthless as well. what happened? did your balls drop off? (c)

Last edited by Shahter (2011-03-17 07:48:31)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6956|Nårvei

Shahter wrote:

but of course! now al jazeera has suddenly become a reliable source of information. un doesn't seem so worthless as well. what happened? did your balls drop off? (c)
Depends on who you are talking to ... it sure can't be Kmar, he's quite a dawg when it comes to news, and unlike many others he seeks plenty of sources not just one ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6747|132 and Bush

His entire bag of rhetoric and retorts is based on assumptions. Multiple sources, including the Red Cross have reported on the civilian casualties.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6921|Moscow, Russia

Kmar wrote:

Multiple sources, including the Red Cross have reported on the civilian casualties.
civilian casualties. during what is essentially a civil war. that's... unusual. and the way to fix that? - yeah, impose a no-fly zone which is going to... level the playing field.

/facepalm
eleven bravo
+1,399|5405|foggy bottom
the sad part is you dont realize how funny/lame/stupid you sound everytime you post
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5405|foggy bottom
its like youve read all 5 volumes of "How to be a russian stereotype" by ivan somethingvich drago

Last edited by eleven bravo (2011-03-17 10:04:23)

Tu Stultus Es

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard