11 Bravo wrote:

good choice
Boston is way better anyways.
true
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6867|Purplicious Wisconsin
Prefer Chicago tbh
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5332|Sydney

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Obviously I'll be asking a lot of my friends and my brother some of the finer details of international travel, but I'm really just wanting to get a vibe for the places I should visit whilst I'm there, and seeing as half of you guys live in the US I figure this would be a good way to go about it.
Just don't get on our cases for not calling where you live 'Brisbin.' Americans hate corrections, unless we're the ones doing the correcting.

Places like 'Puyallup' can be confusing at first, but good luck with:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/un … lakeap.jpg
Jesus, that must be the longest name for anything!

I think I'll stick with the SW -  Vegas and CA. Cutting down on travel time means more time to do stuff, and it's cheaper too.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6654|so randum
ok yeah sedona (as someone whos into geography and such) literally blew my mind. canyon too but thats so massive it doesnt feel real. sedona is like

wow

all the time
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
Yeah I think I'd be stupid to pass it up as I'll be so close to Sedona anyway. Thinking two nights in Yosemite would be cool, then a few nights in San Fran before driving down to LA.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-03-13 16:57:15)

Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
Also, my mate said to check out our options for staying at the Luxor when we're in Vegas. Looks pretty awesome.
CC-Marley
+407|6982

UnkleRukus wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

good choice
Boston is way better anyways.
Fuck yeah. Check out Fenway... then head to the Cape.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6651

the Luxor is where KCD stayed last July.

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4137/4766709100_08d529e366_b.jpg
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
Can't believe how cheap it is. Weekly rate in August is $56 bucks, weekend rate is almost triple though. But I thought the weekly rate would start at around $150 - $200 p/n
CC-Marley
+407|6982

Jaekus wrote:

Can't believe how cheap it is. Weekly rate in August is $56 bucks, weekend rate is almost triple though. But I thought the weekly rate would start at around $150 - $200 p/n
It's hot as fuck..
ghettoperson
+1,943|6803

Jaekus wrote:

Yeah it's crazy cheap. I'm staying at the Encore in May, which is pretty much the best hotel in Vegas, and I'm paying like $200/night. Admittedly that's through a code I got sent through their players card, but if you just book on their website it'll usually be about $300/night. And that's for a huge room in a 5 star hotel. Anywhere else in the world you'd pay that for a tiny room in a 3 star hotel.
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney

CC-Marley wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

It's hot as fuck..
I looked up the climate, it's about the same temp and humidity as where I was born and raised.
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney

ghettoperson wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Yeah it's crazy cheap. I'm staying at the Encore in May, which is pretty much the best hotel in Vegas, and I'm paying like $200/night. Admittedly that's through a code I got sent through their players card, but if you just book on their website it'll usually be about $300/night. And that's for a huge room in a 5 star hotel. Anywhere else in the world you'd pay that for a tiny room in a 3 star hotel.
Yeah well the hotel I used to work at had small rooms that were $150 a night, bigger ones closer to $200. Figured Vegas would've been at least on par if not heaps more. Means more money for strippers and coke
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6846
Hey, I would tour Cali or other western sites. Forget Pheonix dude. Leave there asap. Go San Fran for a few days then rent a car and drive down to LA. Hit up the sites on the way down the coast.
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney

Superior Mind wrote:

Hey, I would tour Cali or other western sites. Forget Pheonix dude. Leave there asap. Go San Fran for a few days then rent a car and drive down to LA. Hit up the sites on the way down the coast.
That's pretty much the plan. Figured I'd travel with everyone down to Phoenix and stay a night then catch the first plane to San Fran.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6870

Jaekus wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Yeah well the hotel I used to work at had small rooms that were $150 a night, bigger ones closer to $200. Figured Vegas would've been at least on par if not heaps more. Means more money for strippers and coke
It's like brisvegas but better

Vegas is usually cheap on food and hotels since most people blow their money on gambling.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6867|Purplicious Wisconsin
California sucks.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6651

most people. some of us blow it on alcohol
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney

burnzz wrote:

most people. some of us blow it on alcohol
Yeah same here... and maybe some coke... and a stripper or two
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6651

package deal - strippers usually are connected. ignore the pamphlets they pass out on the Strip though . . .
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
Really? I think I'm just going to book flights and accom separate as the flights won't be return. As for the coke, well... maybe I might get lucky and find some random. Never really tried it properly before, too expensive here so I figure when in Rome...
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,739|6891|Oxferd Ohire

burnzz wrote:

ignore the pamphlets they pass out on the Strip though . . .
lol. sidewalks were covered with those
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Jaekus wrote:

Yeah, I'd like to get there a couple days before the wedding and then we'll probably leave on the Monday. So maybe 4 nights.
vegas gets old by the 3rd night.  really.. 2 is enough

howabout since you are leaving from LAX, see san fran?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6786|949

Jaekus wrote:

Really? I think I'm just going to book flights and accom separate as the flights won't be return. As for the coke, well... maybe I might get lucky and find some random. Never really tried it properly before, too expensive here so I figure when in Rome...
just be careful of the usual street riffraff.  I once bought a limestone/quartz rock in vegas for $20 hahaha
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
Yeah, we've covered this

4 nights in Vegas
1 night in Sedona
Maybe 1 night in Phoenix, get an early flight to San Fran, get a car and drive straight to Yosemite.
2 nights in Yosemite, drive back to San Fran
4-5 nights in San Fran, then drive to LA, probably stop for the night somewhere and take the ocean road.
2-3 nights in LA before heading home.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard