13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6651

yeah, the relative humidity is low - in the shade out of the heat.

if you wind up staying in the west, Yosemite is a nice place to spend time;

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4083/4843953512_a12ff37b57.jpg
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5332|Sydney
Yeah I'm tempted. How long should I spend there?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6651

i lived there 2 years in my 20's. didn't see everything. went back last july (when that pic was taken) for three days, and saw quite a bit.
Yosemite is a big national park, and gets a lot of visitors. 95% stay in the Valley, where most of the lodging and all of the public transport is.
you would need a car to see the north and/or the south parts.
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
I was thinking of hiring a car from San Fran, driving there in the morning and staying a night and see as much as I can. Drive back the next day in the afternoon. I'll look into it more, but yeah I'm liking this whole idea of seeing CA, just so much more I can do and see.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6651

California is a beautiful state, and it's more than just the coastline. but the coastline is pretty and it is a big state . . .
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
Yeah. So now I'm thinking Vegas (4 nights) - GC - Sedona (1 night) - Phoenix (1 night) - San Fran (1 night) - Yosemite (1 night), back to San Fran (5ish nights) - Santa Cruz (maybe a night or maybe somewhere more halfway between SF and LA) - LA (few nights) then home.

Get to see a lot and do a lot. Heaps of partying and also some breathtaking scenery. Getting excited!
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6651

take a camera
ghettoperson
+1,943|6803

Jaekus wrote:

Yeah I'm sure we'll get accom with a pool or three.

NY just seems to be logistically be a stress to work out. Time, finances, BIG city by myself... CA on the other hand is a lot cheaper to get to, saves time and I think I can see more of the country that way. Just seems a more chilled way to go, which obviously means more enjoyable.

I looked into how hot it is in Vegas in August, it's about the same as when I was growing up in Perth in Western Australia. No humidity, lots of heat.
Don't worry about the hotel pool, just go to the pool parties that they have on. It's like being at a club, but everyone wears less.
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney

burnzz wrote:

take a camera
I've got my iPhone 4, it takes better pics than the digital camera I had. But yeah, camera is ESSENTIAL.
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney

ghettoperson wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

NY just seems to be logistically be a stress to work out. Time, finances, BIG city by myself... CA on the other hand is a lot cheaper to get to, saves time and I think I can see more of the country that way. Just seems a more chilled way to go, which obviously means more enjoyable.

I looked into how hot it is in Vegas in August, it's about the same as when I was growing up in Perth in Western Australia. No humidity, lots of heat.
Don't worry about the hotel pool, just go to the pool parties that they have on. It's like being at a club, but everyone wears less.
Wow, I'm so there!

edit: I should have known really.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-03-13 08:28:41)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5855|College Park, MD
lol
in that case make sure you pack your UFC t-shirt and your favorite visor to wear backwards
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
ghettoperson
+1,943|6803

Jaekus wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Wow, I'm so there!

https://www.shulmansays.com/os/resources/media/Kaskade-at-at-Encore-Beach-Club-for-Kaskade-Sunday-(Photo---Erik-Kabik-RETNA).jpg

https://weekenderstravel.com/data/images/encore-beach-club-venue-6.jpg

It's ridiculous. In the best possible way.
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
I'll be a bit pasty looking as it'll be winter here when I fly over but I'm sure that won't matter too much... I'll also be in the best physical condition of my life too
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5855|College Park, MD

ghettoperson wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Wow, I'm so there!

http://www.shulmansays.com/os/resources … RETNA).jpg

http://weekenderstravel.com/data/images … enue-6.jpg

It's ridiculous. In the best possible way.
second pic, chick on the far right

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6786|949

LA's kind of boring for night life unless you're going to sunset strip.  San Fran is amazing, San Diego is fun, OC has all the hot chicks.  If you are in LA, I would definitely say check out the Santa Monica pier/promenade, and also Venice Beach.  Everyone should experience Venice at least once in their life.  Yosemite is far too cool to spend only one day there.

Sounds like a fun trip
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
I looked at my international roaming charges from Optus and they are fucking expensive, especially for data.

So I'll probably get a pre-paid sim to use whilst I'm there. Any suggestions? I'll need it for an iPhone 4 so data bundled in with the price would be great.
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

LA's kind of boring for night life unless you're going to sunset strip.  San Fran is amazing, San Diego is fun, OC has all the hot chicks.  If you are in LA, I would definitely say check out the Santa Monica pier/promenade, and also Venice Beach.  Everyone should experience Venice at least once in their life.  Yosemite is far too cool to spend only one day there.

Sounds like a fun trip
Cool, Santa Monica it is then. Sounds like I should spend a couple nights at Yosemite. Are there any tours or would it be better just to do my own thing?

San Diego might be a little out of my way. I think once I get to LA I'll stay there till I have to go home. Might make the trip to OC though as it doesn't look all that far.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6691|Long Island, New York
come say hi if you come to NY <3
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
I think I'll have to miss NY on this trip. Just a money/time thing for me.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6803

Get them to reschedule the wedding for May and come hang with me and ig in Vegas.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5391|Cleveland, Ohio

Jaekus wrote:

good choice
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney

ghettoperson wrote:

Get them to reschedule the wedding for May and come hang with me and ig in Vegas.
They've got a heap of paperwork to get through. My mate is Swedish, his fiance is Hawaiian. Doubt it will get done before May, plus I won't have enough money by then.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5852

11 Bravo wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

good choice
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5190|Massachusetts, USA

13/f/taiwan wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

good choice
Boston is way better anyways.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

Jaekus wrote:

Obviously I'll be asking a lot of my friends and my brother some of the finer details of international travel, but I'm really just wanting to get a vibe for the places I should visit whilst I'm there, and seeing as half of you guys live in the US I figure this would be a good way to go about it.
Just don't get on our cases for not calling where you live 'Brisbin.' Americans hate corrections, unless we're the ones doing the correcting.

Places like 'Puyallup' can be confusing at first, but good luck with:

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/lakeap.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard