Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6870
I flew into JFK on a domestic. doesn't really matter really but JFK is mainly an international airport.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5332|Sydney
Ok cool. I'll just go with the cheaper one if they're pretty close to each other.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6345|Roma
Sedona is definitely worth seeing. The road between there and flagstaff is beautiful. I'd aim to spend more time there than GC if you get the option.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Reciprocity
+721|6734|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Jaekus wrote:

Yeah, I'd like to get there a couple days before the wedding and then we'll probably leave on the Monday. So maybe 4 nights.
unless you've got money to burn you're gonna get bored fast.  I can't take vegas nevada for more than a couple days at a time.
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
Cool. Yeah I'll talk with my mate who's getting married. He actually just told me about Sedona a short while ago. I think the plan might be to spend more time there.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5391|Cleveland, Ohio

Kmar wrote:

derp.. yea LaGuardia
that airport should diaf.  brb have to plan a flight to lga right now.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6345|Roma

Jaekus wrote:

Cool. Yeah I'll talk with my mate who's getting married. He actually just told me about Sedona a short while ago. I think the plan might be to spend more time there.
Nicer there than hell-hole-hot phoenix at that time of year as well. There's trees and stuff.
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney

Reciprocity wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Yeah, I'd like to get there a couple days before the wedding and then we'll probably leave on the Monday. So maybe 4 nights.
unless you've got money to burn you're gonna get bored fast.  I can't take vegas nevada for more than a couple days at a time.
I figure it'll take a couple days just getting over the jetlag. If I get a direct flight to LA I'll leave here at 11am and arrive at 7am the same day (local times)...
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6345|Roma

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Sedona is definitely worth seeing. The road between there and flagstaff is beautiful. I'd aim to spend more time there than GC if you get the option.
Going back to this, if you can drive to GC then on to Sedona in one day and spend the night there, it might be worth it. A long day, but GC is expensive to stay at and gets old fast. Sure, it's the biggest hole in the world, but it's still a hole in the ground. Then you can see Sedona a bit more the next day, and might even roll up at sunset.
Then it's only 2 hours to PHX.

Last edited by PrivateVendetta (2011-03-13 04:22:50)

Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Nicer there than hell-hole-hot phoenix at that time of year as well. There's trees and stuff.
I don't really have any desire to hang around in Phoenix. I think I'll get there and just jump on a plane to NY almost straight away.
Reciprocity
+721|6734|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Jaekus wrote:

I figure it'll take a couple days just getting over the jetlag. If I get a direct flight to LA I'll leave here at 11am and arrive at 7am the same day (local times)...
stop in hawaii for a few days.  take the jetlag in smaller steps.  as a doctor,  it's the only rational course of action I can recommend.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6754|132 and Bush

11 Bravo wrote:

Kmar wrote:

derp.. yea LaGuardia
thats why i said jfk originally
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
That'd be great except with the deals we have here, a one-way ticket is about $1,500... a return ticket is also $1,500. Weird, but it saves me about $750
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
Hotels in NY seem pretty expensive. What's it like in hostel accom? I'd prefer a room but they look so cheap... maybe for good reaon?
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6592|King Of The Islands

Mates have been to the States a few times for the snow. Apparently in-store everything is advertised ex-tax, tax is not necessarily as little as 10%.

Oh and they hate us because we don't tip.

/never left the country.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
Yeah I forgot about the tax thing. NY is looking to be a pretty expensive leg of the trip. Still reckon I can do it.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6345|Roma
Tax in the US is fucking retarded
11 Bravo
Banned
i dunno VAT kind of sucks
11 Bravo
Banned

Kmar wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Kmar wrote:

derp.. yea LaGuardia
well sometimes it depends on the airline also
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6345|Roma
I don't care about the tax, it's how it's not included in any prices over there
11 Bravo
Banned

PrivateVendetta wrote:

I don't care about the tax, it's how it's not included in any prices over there
its fairly simple but ya i get it
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney

11 Bravo wrote:

Kmar wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Are there any airlines I should avoid flying with?
11 Bravo
Banned

Jaekus wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Are there any airlines I should avoid flying with?
imo avoid southwest airlines.  i dont like flying on planes that do heavy mechanical work in 3rd world south american countries.
Jaekus
+957|5332|Sydney
US Airways seem pretty cheap. Are they ok?
11 Bravo
Banned
yup

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard