Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

TopHat01 wrote:

Varegg wrote:

TopHat01 wrote:

Does anyone have a matte light green?  I'd be willing to trade a matte green or matte red for a matte light green.
Maybe ... I'll check if I have more than 1
Thanks!  I sent you a matte green.
My pleasure
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
baggs
+732|6175
Everyone is cramming in their last minute trades before the deadline tomorrow, should i be a shit and take advantage of this by receiving cars from people who are hell bent on desperation to get their hands on desired vehicles and not send them one back??

Bah, i think i got most of the uber-expensive ones now anyway.

Tho i can't see where PD came from on this new rule on trading. It's too late anyway, they let people trade freely for months and now they want to curb it? The damage, if you were of the opinion it ever caused any in the first place, has already been done. I personally loved the trading system before v1.07, it kept me in touch with the community and made GT5 a very active game for me.

Now its just another driving game, but more like an MMO which requires me to grind and grind and grind to get credits and XP to buy some virtual machines that i'll inevitably get bored of at some point or other. Who cares if i want to trade cars and duplicate, what the fuck did i pay £40+ for? It's not like i pay an ongoing fee that secures me mountains of new content and updates, just let me do whatever i want with my game.

PD really have shot themselves in the foot over this one, and this was AFTER they released what was basically a BETA version of GT5 and have been patching in the promised features ever since.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA

baggs wrote:

Everyone is cramming in their last minute trades before the deadline tomorrow, should i be a shit and take advantage of this by receiving cars from people who are hell bent on desperation to get their hands on desired vehicles and not send them one back??

Bah, i think i got most of the uber-expensive ones now anyway.

Tho i can't see where PD came from on this new rule on trading. It's too late anyway, they let people trade freely for months and now they want to curb it? The damage, if you were of the opinion it ever caused any in the first place, has already been done. I personally loved the trading system before v1.07, it kept me in touch with the community and made GT5 a very active game for me.

Now its just another driving game, but more like an MMO which requires me to grind and grind and grind to get credits and XP to buy some virtual machines that i'll inevitably get bored of at some point or other. Who cares if i want to trade cars and duplicate, what the fuck did i pay £40+ for? It's not like i pay an ongoing fee that secures me mountains of new content and updates, just let me do whatever i want with my game.

PD really have shot themselves in the foot over this one, and this was AFTER they released what was basically a BETA version of GT5 and have been patching in the promised features ever since.
While I haven't actually gotten into the trading scene, I really don't have much trading to look forward too anymore, and now I'll be grinding for the cars I want.  It sucks, and while I think it was instated to prevent all of the duplicating and trading with yourself, it seems that it'll cause more damage than fix anything.  Perhaps if enough of the community is up in arms about it, they might switch it back.

I'm interested in what they plan to bring in the updates because you're right - GT5 does feel almost like a beta and has an unfinished feeling in it's current stage.  You can tell PD were overly ambitious with this game and wanted to do everything, but Sony essentially forced the release and was done with the bad PR they'd get after each time they announced a delay.  Are they going to slowly add new features, or just fix the obvious problems and move onto developing GT6? 

As for trading etiquette - I'd recommend not being a douche.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2011-03-02 17:02:02)

baggs
+732|6175

TopHat01 wrote:

While I haven't actually gotten into the trading scene, I really don't have much trading to look forward too anymore, and now I'll be grinding for the cars I want.  It sucks, and while I think it was instated to prevent all of the duplicating and trading with yourself, it seems that it'll cause more damage than fix anything.  Perhaps if enough of the community is up in arms about it, they might switch it back.

I'm interested in what they plan to bring in the updates because you're right - GT5 does feel almost like a beta and has an unfinished feeling in it's current stage.  You can tell PD were overly ambitious with this game and wanted to do everything, but Sony essentially forced the release and was done with the bad PR they'd get after each time they announced a delay.  Are they going to slowly add new features, or just fix the obvious problems and move onto developing GT6? 

As for trading etiquette - I'd recommend not being a douche.
Nah i wouldn't go back a deal, i'm a gentleman after all

If there are cars you need to use but cannot afford then just add my psn: xrsxis

I can share up to six of my cars at any time, so anything you need to smash out some A spec/B spec races or seasonals i can put them up there for you to use. Check my garage in my sig for anything you need.

FYI: If you haven't already done it, the Historic Race Car Cup will require you to use the Chapparal 2J, which i have and again you're welcome to borrow it. You can try with a cheaper race car but it's a rage fest. I managed the first race with the GT40 Race Car, barely and that was whilst being bullied by the Toyota 7 Race Car and the 2J. Second race... no chance. 2J walks it.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA

baggs wrote:

If there are cars you need to use but cannot afford then just add my psn: xrsxis

I can share up to six of my cars at any time, so anything you need to smash out some A spec/B spec races or seasonals i can put them up there for you to use. Check my garage in my sig for anything you need.

FYI: If you haven't already done it, the Historic Race Car Cup will require you to use the Chapparal 2J, which i have and again you're welcome to borrow it. You can try with a cheaper race car but it's a rage fest. I managed the first race with the GT40 Race Car, barely and that was whilst being bullied by the Toyota 7 Race Car and the 2J. Second race... no chance. 2J walks it.
Awesome, thanks!  I was reading various threads on GTPlanet and the general consensus was that the Chapparal 2J is the easiest to use.

I'll shoot a friend request tonight - my PSN is my forum username.
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

About the trading cap ... I think it should have been like that from the beginning, it's way to late to introduce something like that now imo ...

The 2J is about the only car you can ace both events in Historic Car Cup with ease ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Google 2J
See this
https://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7286/chaparral2jchevrolet3.jpg
wat do
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

wikipedia wrote:

The most unusual Chaparral was the 2J. In addition to a powerful 700 hp engine, and a three-speed semi automatic transmission, the back of the 2J housed two 17-inch fans driven by a single 45 hp snowmobile engine. The Can Am Series had no engine size limit, so the snowmobile engine wasn't affected by an engine displacement maximum. The purpose of the fans was to 'suck' air from under the car to provide downforce. This gave the car tremendous gripping power and enabled greater maneuverability at all speeds, which cannot be achieved by simpler aerodynamic devices such as diffusers and wings. Since it created the same levels of low pressure under the car at all speeds, down-force did not decrease at lower speeds. With other aerodynamic devices, down-force decreases as the car slows down or achieves too much of a slip angle, both of which were not problems for the 'sucker car'. It also had ground effect Lexan-plastic skirts to keep air from leaking in, a technology that would appear in Formula One several years later.

The 2J competed in the CanAm series and often qualified at least 2 seconds quicker than the next fastest car, but was not a success because it was plagued with mechanical problems. It ran for only one racing season, in 1970, after which it was outlawed by the SCCA (even though it was approved by the SCCA prior to the car's first race). The SCCA succumbed to pressure from other teams, McLaren in particular, who argued that the fans constituted 'movable aerodynamic devices' which were outlawed by the international sanctioning body FIA (which was first applied against the 2E's adjustable-wing). There were also complaints from other drivers saying that whenever they drove behind it the fans would throw stones at their cars. McLaren argued that if the 2J was not outlawed, it would likely kill the CanAm series by totally dominating it - ironically, something McLaren had been doing for years[3]. A similar suction fan was used in Formula 1 eight years later for the 1978 Swedish Grand Prix, by the Brabham BT46B but was banned soon after.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Varegg wrote:

wikipedia wrote:

McLaren argued that if the 2J was not outlawed, it would likely kill the CanAm series by totally dominating it - ironically, something McLaren had been doing for years
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
baggs
+732|6175

wikipedia wrote:

but was not a success because it was plagued with mechanical problems
I always thought that the real life mechanical issues should have been transfered into the game...

...but that would mean those Alfas would never actually finish a race and the Esprit would fall apart after 4000 miles
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

baggs wrote:

wikipedia wrote:

but was not a success because it was plagued with mechanical problems
I always thought that the real life mechanical issues should have been transfered into the game...

...but that would mean those Alfas would never actually finish a race and the Esprit would fall apart after 4000 miles
Hence why the subtitle "The real driving simulator" doesn't apply very well
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA
Baggs:
Thanks again - at first I kept losing the second race, but remembered to put on Racing Mediums and won no sweat.

...and the S.Vettel X2010 is fucking crazy!

Last edited by TopHat01 (2011-03-03 16:43:51)

baggs
+732|6175

TopHat01 wrote:

Baggs:
Thanks again - at first I kept losing the second race, but remembered to put on Racing Mediums and won no sweat.

...and the S.Vettel X2010 is fucking crazy!
Bonkers innit!

2J is fun to drive no? Anything you need sharing, just drop me a message and i'll be happy to swap them out.

Btw, X2010 comes in proper handy for B-Spec mode
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Bonkers indeed

I have also shared some cars you may find useful in the lvl 22 - 24 races ... and a Camaro Z28 RM for those new seasonals is available
baggs
+732|6175
are any of you guys going to participate in the GT Academy?
baggs
+732|6175
ooo, you get a nice car for participating
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA

Varegg wrote:

Bonkers indeed

I have also shared some cars you may find useful in the lvl 22 - 24 races ... and a Camaro Z28 RM for those new seasonals is available
Thanks, I'll check those out too.

I thought the GT Academy was over...?
baggs
+732|6175

TopHat01 wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Bonkers indeed

The EU one has just started, you need to go to the Official GT5 Registration Page and sign up. Once done, log into your PS3 and enter the race in the 'Seasonal' section. Run a clean lap and then exit the race, once back onto the GT Life page you will receive your GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Special)

TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA
My friend asked for his copy back, so I had to give it up. =/

Just finished ordering a copy off eBay though, should be here by the end of the week. 
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

baggs wrote:

TopHat01 wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Bonkers indeed

The EU one has just started, you need to go to the Official GT5 Registration Page and sign up. Once done, log into your PS3 and enter the race in the 'Seasonal' section. Run a clean lap and then exit the race, once back onto the GT Life page you will receive your GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Special)

Norway is not on the list yet ... maybe later hopefully ...
baggs
+732|6175

Varegg wrote:

baggs wrote:

TopHat01 wrote:

Oh

Tbh, i'm getting REALLY bored of this game with the trade cap and the one trade per PS3 cap, B-spec is alright i guess but even that has its lifespan!
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

baggs wrote:

Varegg wrote:

baggs wrote:

Oh

Tbh, i'm getting REALLY bored of this game with the trade cap and the one trade per PS3 cap, B-spec is alright i guess but even that has its lifespan!
No game lasts forever ... I only see myself checking in on the seasonals from time to time after I'm done collecting all possible cars ...
baggs
+732|6175
Yeah, granted, they don't but it's a first for me when i can go from really enjoying a game to not playing in the space of one patch.

I'm sure PD must have noticed this, i doubt i'm the only one who read the patch news and inserted a new game instead of GT5. I've resorted to MW2 and Lego Harry Potter
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA
I'm still at the giddy stage as I've finished past the slower races and I'm starting all of the faster ones with better cars.  I'm dying to get my copy, hopefully it'll be here in the next couple days.

But I'm also into the drifting modes in this game, and I have a buddy who wants to play/drift together online, so that should extend it's lifetime a bit.
Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6520|775

Do they have GT5 on PC?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard