Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

Finray wrote:

Miggle wrote:

CoD2 had like half of CoD1's maps. CoD4 had a remake of Carentan that you had to buy. CoD6 came with a remake of Brecourt. CSS came with a bunch of 1.6 maps.
CoD4 Carentan came free on PC.
nobody cares.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

I haven't played CoD since MW1. I saw someone playing Black Ops and it looks the same as CoD4. Has that series progressed at all?
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6712|Purplicious Wisconsin
Nope. Nothing fucking new as I recall. Except remote controlled cars with cameras.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

if by progress you mean regress
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Chef
+2|6648
I've read a lot of different posts and blogs etc about bf3 and all other fps's that have come out over the years some flaming them other bigging them up hugely.  I was predomently an MMORPG play anarchy on line while i played that game a lot of my friends play 1942 and i could not get on with as i sort of got motion sickness from the movment from the guns so I dismissed them.  The BF2 came out and OMG I fell in love with the game check my stats xxx-chef-xxx

I then converted to fps, when 2142 came out it sort of was everything bf2 was not and i liked the futureistic side dice bought to the battlefield.  the BF series has always been about team work and playhing as a group after one goal.  2142 proved this when the titan shield went down you generally needed a full team to storm on board.  I played CoD4 and MW2 and in there own right they were good but if you were a little bit of a pro at fps you alone could win the round for your team.  the BF series (BF2, 2142) were disigned for the PC as the consol market was very much still developing.  I liked BFBC2 was a good game but you can see when playing on PC how the game was developed for consol and not overly for PC with little things like when you ran out of ammo you had to rely on the game to tell support players you needed ammo, unlike BF2 where you could demand ammo with the pop up menu etc.

I believe Dice are going to make a statment BF3 as to my understanding both xbox and ps3 would not be able to run the new frostbite engine which can only be a good thing for PC gamers, and BF3 is mainly designed for a 64 bit system.  I think it will be a little bit of a flop on consol as they will not be getting jets within their game and if it is true for consol only having a max of 24 per server, they will never understand what it is like to play Karkan 64 player (or another other 64 player maps).  I can see me dragging a lot of my consol playing friends round just to show them what they are missing lol

I believe BF3 will be epic on the PC (lol better be I'm investing in a i7 sandy bridge setup for BF3)and I'm looking forward to putting on 1000+ hours in game time lol maybe i should loook for a clan to play for this time
I'm looking forward to BF3 bring it on this is going to be a long assed 6 months to wait
War Man
Or you could be assault and have all the ammo you want in BC2 if you really need ammo. Wanna snipe? Get the an94 or m14 with a scope and rape.

Anyway, I honestly think battlefield 1942 was the best battlefield ever. I probably would change my opinion if I played Vietnam, the only BF game I never played but wanted to. I would love a remake of 1942 with the frostbite engine, revive the old dogfighting with aircraft and make bombing as easy as that was(1943 was close but kinda ruined those things), I would like the factions to of course have most of their weapons unique not that same weapons different faction crap bf1942 had, different class system or at least more equipment options for the classes.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Drunken_Tankdriver wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

The marines would lose the Cobra helipad spawn.  At least there'll be less claymore spamming.
its good you say that, i was just thinking about the flag capture point too. since its a game they can pile it up just right and have the flag on the balcony the only thing standing, while a new heli pad appears on the property once the building falls. or just make it a ground based heli pad in the first place.
Why not simply move the destroyed heli spawn to a secondary location? Besides which, the MEC usually ends up strafing that TV tower to death anyway.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

War Man wrote:

Or you could be assault and have all the ammo you want in BC2 if you really need ammo. Wanna snipe? Get the an94 or m14 with a scope and rape.
Because sniping is also about being a silent killer, SVD 12x style.  An AN-94 or M14 easily gives away your position.
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6650

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Drunken_Tankdriver wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

The marines would lose the Cobra helipad spawn.  At least there'll be less claymore spamming.
its good you say that, i was just thinking about the flag capture point too. since its a game they can pile it up just right and have the flag on the balcony the only thing standing, while a new heli pad appears on the property once the building falls. or just make it a ground based heli pad in the first place.
Why not simply move the destroyed heli spawn to a secondary location? Besides which, the MEC usually ends up strafing that TV tower to death anyway.
that would work too, if it was 128 players you could run 2 heli pads at different bases. make one distroyable like the TV station. The roof crumbles when it falls down. lol.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
War Man

Ilocano wrote:

War Man wrote:

Because sniping is also about being a silent killer, SVD 12x style.  An AN-94 or M14 easily gives away your position.
Let the rounds come.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6147|'straya
Just pre-ordered.

First time i've actually pre ordered a game
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6510|Gold Coast
Where did you pre-order from? Just the EA store or what?
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6147|'straya
pre-ordered from EB. Same limited edition package.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6510|Gold Coast
ah right. how much was it?

$108?! fucking EB.

Last edited by KuSTaV (2011-03-14 01:09:21)

noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5177|Sydney
I pre-ordered from EA. $80
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6147|'straya
Can you get hard copies with EA store or just download?
Jaekus
+957|5177|Sydney
I think it's just download.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone
Fucken Australia. I could buy it in the US get it mailed to the moon and back and it'd still be cheaper then buying it retail.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

You can't buy from places like play-asia?

http://www.play-asia.com/Battlefield_3_ … -457s.html
Jaekus
+957|5177|Sydney
How do I cancel my pre-order? They've already taken an authorisation on my card, I don't like them doing that.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Jaekus wrote:

How do I cancel my pre-order? They've already taken an authorisation on my card, I don't like them doing that.
The full amount or just a credit check?
Jaekus
+957|5177|Sydney
Well, it says the full amount has an authorisation pending, and that amount is deducted from my available balance.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Jaekus wrote:

Well, it says the full amount has an authorisation pending, and that amount is deducted from my available balance.
Yeah, I've seen EA do that.  It should go away in a few days.
Jaekus
+957|5177|Sydney
Sweet. Trying to clear my card and shit just piles up on it.
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6650

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Just pre-ordered.

First time i've actually pre ordered a game
same here.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard