TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6683|Colorado
I'm far-sighted, plan on getting lasik when it comes down in price a little.
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6600|California U.S.A

KtotheIMMY wrote:

I can't read those big red signs that say STOP.
Hmmm...does that mean you just see the white letters "Stop" floating on a stick? 

And my vision is perfect, stock condition from the assembly line.
ShEpArD_oF_rOt
+16|6576|Illinois
Right now I have a subdural hemotoma in my right eye. Its basically just a bunch of broken blood vessels, and FYI it hurts really bad when you get kneed in the face.
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6600|California U.S.A

-botivix- wrote:

i have: astigmatism.

find out if you're color blindhere.
Yeah that color blind test link was.... Surprising I sat there looking at that last one for a good few minutes trying to see a freakin' number. 
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6631|the side hatch
i have really bad migraines, a vein in my brain swells and presses on my optic nerve and i lose huge portions of my vision for hours at a time then i have an incredible headache, i also wear glasses and they are often dirty

marconius wins btw, one more mod title explained

Last edited by strangelove (2006-05-13 01:16:57)

Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6755|Houston, TX

KtotheIMMY wrote:

I can't read those big red signs that say STOP.
S.T.O.P.

(S)mall (T)ap (O)n (P)edal, or alternatively just stop twice at the next one.....

On topic, I'm an optician by trade.  I work as the optical lab manager for a Dr.'s office.  I'd be interested in reading Marconius's med journal entry.  I spend most of my day creating and fitting optical devices.  Glasses, prosthetics, contacts, etc....

My vision isn't presbyopic, yet.....  but 40 is a decade away.  Small astigmatism and slight correction for distance. (20/30 - 20/40)

KJ
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6785|Noizyland

Yeah with that colour-blidness test I decided not to lean close to see if I could find a number in that last one, but leaned back to see if I could see it from a distance.

I'm so fucking glad I did too...

A Bionic eye sounds aweome Marco! You'd be a Cyborg!
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
GermanLegionaire
...performing headshots!
+46|6595|Hamburg / Germany
i am colorblind (red/green and black/blue) and can't look good without enough light. i am wearing contacts. but i prefer my old glases when i play. contacs often get dry while i play for a longer period and pwn my view. ^^
|-LoNgHiLL-|
Member Member
+7|6572|Classified
Well, _j5689_ ...

You saw an ophthalmologist... Not the best for prescribing lenses...

You should see an optometrist... They specifically prescribe lenses...
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6781|AUS, Canberra

TrollmeaT wrote:

I'm far-sighted, plan on getting lasik when it comes down in price a little.
im far sighted too, it doesnt really affect me ever but somtimes i cant read the signs at mcdonalds drive through at night, thats about the only time i notice it.
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6607|England
My vision is 20/20, but I'm actually one step long sighted. I have no problems seeing things close up, or at night and the only thing that's different from normal 20/20 vision is I can see further than normal people. Great if I wanted to be a pilot.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6675|NT, like Mick Dundee

strangelove wrote:

i have really bad migraines, a vein in my brain swells and presses on my optic nerve and i lose huge portions of my vision for hours at a time then i have an incredible headache, i also wear glasses and they are often dirty

marconius wins btw, one more mod title explained
Hey, stuff like that happens to me sometimes... I go blind (can still see slightly, but for all intents and purposes..) for about 20/30 seconds and my head explodes in pain..... I tend to stagger around for a little while when this happens too (doesn't that get some odd looks from passers by)... Never had glasses never needed them, I'm really glad I have reasonable vision too.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6685|Canberra, AUS
Short sighted - about 3x.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Ditsch
Need another Monster
+3|6603|Chandler, Arizona
Contacts
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6719|Charlie One Alpha
You know, the fact that the link to that colorblindness test ended in a55hat kinda made me feel something was going to happen. When the cursor changed to a hand-thingy for the last box, that totally gave it away so I turned off my sound, leaned back and clicked. It wasn;t so bad .

On topic, perfect vision, eyes in mint condition, hardly used.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
No 1 Gooner
coopj Dependant
+98|6582|England
I got specs last week,slightly short sighted with a stigmatism in my right eye(whatever that means)lol optician said my eye probs are almost definatley due to video games!! damn them!!lol cos im diabetic i have test every year and last time i had those eye drops that dilate your pupils! i looked like i was off my face!! reminded me of my clubbing days!!lol
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6727|Riva, MD
I also can't focus on those purple lightbulbs (not that anyone ever uses them that much anyway), no matter how many times I blink or run my eyes it look blurry.  I don't mean colorblind, I just mean that that wire inside of it is blurred kinda.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6816|The planet Tophet
Glasses Ftw
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6755|Houston, TX

No 1 Gooner wrote:

I got specs last week,slightly short sighted with a stigmatism in my right eye(whatever that means)lol optician said my eye probs are almost definatley due to video games!! damn them!!lol cos im diabetic i have test every year and last time i had those eye drops that dilate your pupils! i looked like i was off my face!! reminded me of my clubbing days!!lol
Actually, because you're a diabetic, your Rx can change depending on your BS count.  It fluctuates like the weather in Texas.  Keeping your diabetes in check is the correct way to stabalize your vision. 

KJ
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6704|San Francisco
Hey KJ, I believe this is one of the cases.

Of course they won't mention any patient names, but the doctors who treated me are the authors of the paper.  I'll have to do a lot more searching to find the other articles.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726
nope, but i have to keep my eyes good in order to become a pilot
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard