lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Because of one beheading in the US? lolololololoololololol

Did you know it's considered a crime of passion to shoot your wife if you find her in bed with another man in Texas? Wouldn't you consider that an honor killing?
1 beheading huh?

nope that is a crime of passion and has dick to do with accepted behavior in our society.
Crime of Passion is the same damn thing as an honor killing. They're both based on emotion (embarrassment leading to anger).
Look, it is not acceptable to kill your wife, ( never mind saw off her fuckin head) in our society for wanting a divorce. Not even in Texas. He did not get that accepted behavior in the US he got it from the ME.

It was planned, it was calculated. A crime of passion is spontaneous and unplanned. It also is not a get out of jail free card.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

1 beheading huh?

nope that is a crime of passion and has dick to do with accepted behavior in our society.
Crime of Passion is the same damn thing as an honor killing. They're both based on emotion (embarrassment leading to anger).
Look, it is not acceptable to kill your wife, ( never mind saw off her fuckin head) in our society for wanting a divorce. Not even in Texas. He did not get that accepted behavior in the US he got it from the ME.

It was planned, it was calculated. A crime of passion is spontaneous and unplanned. It also is not a get out of jail free card.
Umm, where is it stated that it's acceptable behavior or that he thought it was acceptable behavior? Where did I state that killing your wife in Texas was acceptable? It's a crime either way. I was just stating that in one case, people would kind of nod their heads and say 'ok, it's still wrong, but I understand where he was coming from', while the other case would have people such as yourself up in arms crying about a cultural invasion. I look at the two and see no difference.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2011-03-09 10:30:05)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Umm, where is it stated that it's acceptable behavior or that he thought it was acceptable behavior? Where did I state that killing your wife in Texas was acceptable? It's a crime either way. I was just stating that in one case, people would kind of nod their heads and say 'ok, it's still wrong, but I understand where he was coming from', while the other case would have people such as yourself up in arms crying about a cultural invasion. I look at the two and see no difference.
You didn't say it was acceptable, I did, in Islamic nations. google it. You are dismissing it as just another murder and not culturally motivated.

and if you call planning and executing the sawing off of a woman's head for wanting a divorce as the same thing as spontaniously shooting your wife's boyfriend while he is fucking your wife, then I can't help ya.

By the way crime of passion is not iron clad in Tx    http://www.tdcaa.com/node/5203
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

Hassan, who founded a TV network aimed at countering Muslim stereotypes
how ironic.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

You didn't say it was acceptable, I did, in Islamic nations. google it. You are dismissing it as just another murder and not culturally motivated.

and if you call planning and executing the sawing off of a woman's head for wanting a divorce as the same thing as spontaniously shooting your wife's boyfriend while he is fucking your wife, then I can't help ya.

By the way crime of passion is not iron clad in Tx    http://www.tdcaa.com/node/5203
But we're not living in an Islamic nation, nor will we ever, so I don't see why you give a fuck.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
But Juan, Islam is totally conspiring to take over America, as it is a unified group and not one that has shit tons of bickering tribals who can't even sort their own shit out.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

But we're not living in an Islamic nation, nor will we ever, so I don't see why you give a fuck.
because Islamic culture is an ever growing presence and issue in our country. Honor killings are also on the rise in America.

Last edited by lowing (2011-03-09 10:44:31)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

But Juan, Islam is totally conspiring to take over America, as it is a unified group and not one that has shit tons of bickering tribals who can't even sort their own shit out.
Considering the secularization trend in America... I don't think a sudden shift to Islam is in the cards Europe is more likely to start praying to Mecca three times a day than we are.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

because Islamic culture is an ever growing presence and issue in our country. Honor killings are also on the rise in America.
Umm, so what if it's a growing presence? The overall trend in America is towards secularization, not towards religion.

And let me know when honor killings become more common than bee sting deaths.
-Frederick Bastiat
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Umm, so what if it's a growing presence? The overall trend in America is towards secularization, not towards religion.

And let me know when honor killings become more common than bee sting deaths.
1 has got nothing to do with the other. If you wanna talk about bee stings start thread. If you wanna say sawing off your wifes head is no more of a concern than bee stings, post that in the same thread.

By the way gotta disagree about religion in America.
http://www.islamfortoday.com/america01.htm
http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=44689

Here is what I read, where are you getting your info?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
"Islam growing fast in America". That's not what I said, I said religion as a whole is in decline. More people define themselves as agnostic or atheist every year. The general trend is away from religion, not towards it.

Your obsession is unhealthy. I suggest finding a hobby.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

As far as honor killings go it's not something that only happens in Islamic cultures or happens all over the Islamic world. It's mostly a cultural thing.

Honor killings have been reported to still be happening in black tribal non-Islamic cultures in Africa. I also read an article before that mentioned honor killings were occurring in Indochina.

I remember reading Timur's personal account of his invasion of India. He mentioned that after he had conquered the city of Delhi the Hindu men there waited until night before they rounded up their own families, locked them in their homes, and set them on fire before going out to attack Timur's Muslim soldiers. I also remember reading how during the India-Pakistan war in the 60's, Sikh's were having their daughters commit suicide so that they wouldn't be defiled by Muslim insurgents.

As far as I know honor killings don't occur in Indonesia (the largest Muslim country in the world) or any of the other Muslim communities in those southeast Asia islands.

So yeah honor killings aren't just a "Muslim" thing. The only reason this story even got any attention is because it was Muslims. Men kill their wives and girlfriends all the time in this country.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

JohnG@lt wrote:

"Islam growing fast in America". That's not what I said, I said religion as a whole is in decline. More people define themselves as agnostic or atheist every year. The general trend is away from religion, not towards it.
Kinda...

In the West more and more people are moving away from Christianity towards agnosticism or atheism. The amount of Muslims around the world is going up because they are pumping kids like tribbles.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

Your dismissals of calculated beheadings of a woman for wanting a divorce compared to shooting your cheating lover in the heat of the moment, then to  bee stings suggests you should find another way to be an Islamic apologist.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Macbeth wrote:

As far as honor killings go it's not something that only happens in Islamic cultures or happens all over the Islamic world. It's mostly a cultural thing.

Honor killings have been reported to still be happening in black tribal non-Islamic cultures in Africa. I also read an article before that mentioned honor killings were occurring in Indochina.

I remember reading Timur's personal account of his invasion of India. He mentioned that after he had conquered the city of Delhi the Hindu men there waited until night before they rounded up their own families, locked them in their homes, and set them on fire before going out to attack Timur's Muslim soldiers. I also remember reading how during the India-Pakistan war in the 60's, Sikh's were having their daughters commit suicide so that they wouldn't be defiled by Muslim insurgents.

As far as I know honor killings don't occur in Indonesia (the largest Muslim country in the world) or any of the other Muslim communities in those southeast Asia islands.

So yeah honor killings aren't just a "Muslim" thing. The only reason this story even got any attention is because it was Muslims. Men kill their wives and girlfriends all the time in this country.
It got attention because this very thing is acceptable in Islamic nations. Thats it.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Your dismissals of calculated beheadings of a woman for wanting a divorce compared to shooting your cheating lover in the heat of the moment, then to  bee stings suggests you should find another way to be an Islamic apologist.
I'm not an apologist at all lowing. Well, I guess from your perspective I am. I can live with that. Can you live with the fact that 99% of the worlds population considers you a world class bigot for your views and hatred? Is everyone else wrong and you right on this topic?
-Frederick Bastiat
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I'm not an apologist at all lowing. Well, I guess from your perspective I am. I can live with that. Can you live with the fact that 99% of the worlds population considers you a world class bigot for your views and hatred? Is everyone else wrong and you right on this topic?
Yup I can live with that, especially since we are all bigots, and that must put me in very good company. 

and yes, if 99% of the worlds population consider beheading a woman for wanting a divorce as acceptable behavior in any society, then I am right and you are wrong.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

Yup I can live with that, especially since we are all bigots, and that must put me in very good company. 

and yes, if 99% of the worlds population consider beheading a woman for wanting a divorce as acceptable behavior in any society, then I am right and you are wrong.
No lowing, you know damn well I wasn't talking about the beheadings. You have an irrational hatred of Islam just like many people on this forum go off on anyone the moment they expose their Christianity.

So why is it that you hate Islam? Is it simply a knee jerk response to 9/11? Is it because they are fundamentally different? What is it?

And to call me an apologist for a religion is rather silly. I have no belief system so why would I pick Islam to apologize for? You claim to have no belief system and yet you've singled out this one religion for your hatred. It just seems... odd.
-Frederick Bastiat
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6131|North Tonawanda, NY

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

Wait, who said beheading is acceptable behavior?  Hassan claimed a battered spouse justification for his actions...and lost!  He's going to jail for a long time.  What's the problem here?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

No lowing, you know damn well I wasn't talking about the beheadings. You have an irrational hatred of Islam just like many people on this forum go off on anyone the moment they expose their Christianity.

So why is it that you hate Islam? Is it simply a knee jerk response to 9/11? Is it because they are fundamentally different? What is it?

And to call me an apologist for a religion is rather silly. I have no belief system so why would I pick Islam to apologize for? You claim to have no belief system and yet you've singled out this one religion for your hatred. It just seems... odd.
no you weren't talking about the beheading, you claimed it is not different than a spontaneous crime of passion and then bee stings. Why would you not stick to the topic? Do you really have no defense for it? If not, then call this behavior what it is, bullshit. Call the culture that promotes it what it is as well, fucked up. Already showed how it ties to Islamic culture and religion.

Why do I hate Islam? very easy, because it is a religion and culture that flies in the face of western society morality and beliefs regarding tolerance, equality, oppression, and freedom. When it stayed in the ME I couldn't care less, but it is now creeping into western society, and it does not fit.

I singled out the only significant religion in America that fits the above description. There is no other reason. Even the head of CAIR has ties to radical Islam and has stated his belief that the US should be Islamic.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

SenorToenails wrote:

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Wait, who said beheading is acceptable behavior?  Hassan claimed a battered spouse justification for his actions...and lost!  He's going to jail for a long time.  What's the problem here?
because it is acceptable in other Islamic nations of the world.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
So what? The Pope wants America to be more Catholic.

Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them.
-Frederick Bastiat
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

So what? The Pope wants America to be more Catholic.

Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them.
There is no "so what". It is my opinion and my stated reasons why I have it.  Nothing more, nothing less.
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6522|Istanbul-Turkey
Man was unable to find a gun so he used the knife. Perfectly normal.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Ottomania wrote:

Man was unable to find a gun so he used the knife. Perfectly normal.
for Islam, yup

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard