War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6713|Purplicious Wisconsin

burnzz wrote:

we haz good snow, too!
Snow sucks.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock

War Man wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Blue Herring wrote:

I'm not going to touch BF3 until I get an idea of what the game play will be like.  I haven't bought a newer game in ages (since new games retailed about 30 bucks) so I'm a little apprehensive about the 60 dollar price tag. The quality of game would have to be absolutely superb to get me to fork out that kind of cash, and as long as BF2 has a fair player base (as it does), I'll stick with it.
You guys get games for 60 bucks? Fucking hell I'm moving over there. That's like 50% off
I thought you already knew we have cheaper shit. Unless you're trolling.
yes we know, was just pointing out the apparent tight-assness.
Adams_BJ

burnzz wrote:

we haz good snow, too!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Adams_BJ wrote:

Blue Herring wrote:

I'm not going to touch BF3 until I get an idea of what the game play will be like.  I haven't bought a newer game in ages (since new games retailed about 30 bucks) so I'm a little apprehensive about the 60 dollar price tag. The quality of game would have to be absolutely superb to get me to fork out that kind of cash, and as long as BF2 has a fair player base (as it does), I'll stick with it.
You guys get games for 60 bucks? Fucking hell I'm moving over there. That's like 50% off
Used to be about half that, unless you were talking console games.
thepilot91
+64|6235|Ă…land!

War Man wrote:

burnzz wrote:

we haz good snow, too!
Snow sucks.
don't eat the yellow snow ftw
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6713|Purplicious Wisconsin

thepilot91 wrote:

War Man wrote:

burnzz wrote:

we haz good snow, too!
Snow sucks.
don't eat the yellow snow ftw
Don't forget about the brown snow too
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Adams_BJ
can we like, merge this into the Bf3 main thread.

edit wrong thread.

this isn't about the pre order anymore.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2011-03-06 22:26:10)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

What for? Just voluntarily most the convo to the main thread and let this one sit it out.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6742|Reality

Blue Herring wrote:

Plus, why pay extra for "classic" BF2 maps, guns, and vehicles? Why wouldn't I just play BF2 if I wanted a Karkand slug fest? Usually FPS give the old maps for free with their newer versions, not charge for them, because there seems to be little incentive to pay for something one already has access to.

looks like BC3 to me
sigh
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5508|America

Blue Herring wrote:

Usually FPS give the old maps for free with their newer versions, not charge for them, because there seems to be little incentive to pay for something one already has access to.
When have you ever seen that?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Adams_BJ wrote:

Blue Herring wrote:

Got the PC version for $50 pre-order from Amazon.

And considering the competition we have here, I'd expect Amazon to offer a $20 future purchase credit about a month or two before release.
13rin
+977|6478

Stubbee wrote:

looks like BC3 to me
sigh
ya....  Back to BF2!
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire

Blade4509 wrote:

Blue Herring wrote:

Usually FPS give the old maps for free with their newer versions, not charge for them, because there seems to be little incentive to pay for something one already has access to.
When have you ever seen that?
Wake. about it
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

CoD2 had like half of CoD1's maps. CoD4 had a remake of Carentan that you had to buy. CoD6 came with a remake of Brecourt. CSS came with a bunch of 1.6 maps.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Buckiller
+3|4804

Ilocano wrote:

And considering the competition we have here, I'd expect Amazon to offer a $20 future purchase credit about a month or two before release.
How?

Makes me feel bad for buying mine from Best Buy... (I had a $15 GC I needed to get rid of)
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Buckiller wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

How?

Makes me feel bad for buying mine from Best Buy... (I had a $15 GC I needed to get rid of)
I pre-ordered back on 2/7/11.  The PC version was only $50 at the time.  About a week ago, they bumped it up to $60.
Chef
+2|6648
I've now pre-ordered

hope they do a huge launch with bell and whistles
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6651

Stubbee wrote:

Blue Herring wrote:

Plus, why pay extra for "classic" BF2 maps, guns, and vehicles? Why wouldn't I just play BF2 if I wanted a Karkand slug fest? Usually FPS give the old maps for free with their newer versions, not charge for them, because there seems to be little incentive to pay for something one already has access to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkZp2c_vzNY

looks like BC3 to me
sigh
neat, everything looks so real. i wonder if they have more violent trimmers than that?
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5177|Sydney
Just pre-ordered a minute ago
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467

Drunken_Tankdriver wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Blue Herring wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkZp2c_vzNY

looks like BC3 to me
sigh
neat, everything looks so real. i wonder if they have more violent trimmers than that?
Violent trimmers will be a part of the character-customization feature. They will allow you to have a special haircut that looks like Michael J. Fox cut your hair.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

This game needs Magicka wizards. Don't like that chopper? QF QF S A A

Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6651
I want the building to collapse on itself. in theory with my thinking of destructable terrain, there are no TV station holdouts like on warlord or sharqi peninsula. If you have enough explosives you should be able to bring it down.

Last edited by Drunken_Tankdriver (2011-03-09 15:27:12)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

The marines would lose the Cobra helipad spawn.  At least there'll be less claymore spamming.
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6651

Ilocano wrote:

The marines would lose the Cobra helipad spawn.  At least there'll be less claymore spamming.
its good you say that, i was just thinking about the flag capture point too. since its a game they can pile it up just right and have the flag on the balcony the only thing standing, while a new heli pad appears on the property once the building falls. or just make it a ground based heli pad in the first place.

Last edited by Drunken_Tankdriver (2011-03-09 17:01:24)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black

Miggle wrote:

CoD2 had like half of CoD1's maps. CoD4 had a remake of Carentan that you had to buy. CoD6 came with a remake of Brecourt. CSS came with a bunch of 1.6 maps.
CoD4 Carentan came free on PC.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard