{TCG}.Trick
+4|6574
My Gf had her GUID banned after only 3 weeks of playing BF2. I went through PB and they stated that her key was a public key used by hackers. then proceeded to close the enquiry forum on me. without giving her a chance to respond
I spoke for almost 3 hrs with Ea customer support and I have been informed that Numerous people have have bogus GUID bans from punkbuster and PB refuse to release to EA the reasons why.
Basically they are getting pissed off and the tech support that I spoke to stated that EA regreted signing the contract with PB.
He stated that EA are build a comprehensive dossier in regard to complaints against PB.
He encouraged me to post in this forum to ask ALL of the BF2 community and anyone who uses a PB related product who has had a GENUINE problem to submit a complaint to EA either via telephone. 1-650-628-4322 or 1-650-628-1005 or submitting via the net at  www.ea.com
PLEASE if you have been caught cheating dont bother crying to EA suck it up and admitt you were wrong however if you feel that PB has interfered with your access to an EA purchased game then use your right and make your voice heard.
Ea  said that they liked the security of PB and I stated that if they can create a game like BF2 then they have the technical knowhow to create an anti cheat his response which I feel is great new is that they have a team working on it
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6608|Houston, TX
Down with PB!!!
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6807|Jupiter
Why would you make 2 topics?
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6687|Colorado
Kool pb ea style, let the bugs begin.
Homie22
+34|6626|Orange County, California
that sucks to hear about the guid ban. Btw punkbuster scans your hardrive files when playing bf2 :x
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6707|Calgary
Happened to me, PB sucks, bunch of retards.

Yes, it scans your hard drive every 2 minutes. LoL. how f****en retarded is that.
{TCG}.Trick
+4|6574
I posted in 2 forums and will let admin delete the one that they feel is in the wrong catagory
wachtler84
+2|6574
why doesnt ea or pb purchase these hacks figure out what code it alters and recode and encrpt it.  because pb aint worth a s**t not doing a good job from what ive seen
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6779|Dallas
Thank GOD!  Maybe EA will take some of thier 40 million dollars and invest in thier own "PB" system that bans hardware much in the same way that Blizzard does.

That would make me happy in my pants.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6642|Los Angeles, California, US.
PB Did The Same To Me, I Apparently Obtained A Lost / Stolen CD Key That Is Used By Cheaters / Hackers.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=23588  .

Last edited by DaReJa (2006-05-12 23:28:07)

Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6707|Calgary

Superslim wrote:

Yes, it scans your hard drive every 2 minutes. LoL. how f****en retarded is that.
Sorry, I stand corrected. It scans every 20 seconds
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6736|Sydney, Australia

wachtler84 wrote:

why doesnt ea or pb purchase these hacks figure out what code it alters and recode and encrpt it.  because pb aint worth a s**t not doing a good job from what ive seen
If they are not doing that then I would be rather unnerved. How else would they stop hacks?

Superslim wrote:

Superslim wrote:

Sorry, I stand corrected. It scans every 20 seconds
I think there is a console code to change it to 500 seconds. Maybe in the lag reduction thread (in bf2-chatter?).

Last edited by mcminty (2006-05-15 19:21:12)

KingLou
Banned
+79|6639|Las Vegas
Well, I couldn't play on a Euroforce server with my friend today.  Kept getting a PB kick message that says "This server only allows players with unmodified content."  Uuuh.........WTF?  I haven't modified a damn thing.......not even the localization files to say something stupid like "KingLou busted a nut on ________"

Retarded.

KiL
coreinflames
+12|6659
You know when i hear you all complaining about you get banned for using a cd key,  the first thing that comes to my head is Software Piraters...

Now honestly which is worse Pb banning you for you're stolen software,  or you obtaining stolen software?
Defiance
+438|6686

coreinflames wrote:

Now honestly which is worse Pb banning you for you're stolen software,  or you obtaining stolen software?
Well, if deductive logic has anything to say, banning for using the stolen software is worse because stealing the software rarely has any negative implications upon the user, they just get a free game out of it.

I'm no supporter of piracy, it's just that your logic is flawed.

Sucks to get banned, just get enough people to bitch at EA constantly.

PB is in all kinds of shit right now with it uploading personal info to its servers.
Hyper
Banned
+154|6765
posted in another thread......http://digg.com/technology/Punkbuster_anti_cheat_uploading_personal_info
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6667
Oh man, let them try to pull that crock of bullshit at me. Some douchebag customer rep that works for PB is going to get an earfull from hell. I can guarentee the phone call will not be pleasant.

Last edited by Drunken_Tankdriver (2006-05-15 20:44:09)

https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6720|Antarctica
EA = kinda bad
EA + DICE = bad
EA + DICE + Punkbuster = stupid.
FromTheAshes
+53|6719
Really, think, do you really want your gf to play bf2 and be fat? Nope didn't think so.
jaktar
+10|6604

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

EA = kinda bad
EA + DICE = bad
Oh man that is sooo true!
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6785|AUS, Canberra

{TCG}.Trick wrote:

EA regreted signing the contract with PB.
yeh but ill bet they have it in bf2142.

wachtler84 wrote:

they cant do that.

the hacks are steamed live to your comp when you use them.

thus there is no physical trace of them on your machine, and there for stopping people doing just that.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6804|Singapore

Its like having sex with your favourite ho. You know its bad, you know its shameful, you know its bleeding you dry, you know one day you'll catch an STD.

But you still go back to her.
Empathy
+12|6716

Cougar wrote:

Thank GOD!  Maybe EA will take some of thier 40 million dollars and invest in thier own "PB" system that bans hardware much in the same way that Blizzard does.

That would make me happy in my pants.
Yup, blizzard is one of them companies that got it right.
NMZ.UncleMoo™
+2|6583
I'm still searching for the bump to 500 second HDD checks..  Whatta waste.

Moo....
[TPG]Skitz
+2|6666

jaktar wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

EA = kinda bad
EA + DICE = bad
Oh man that is sooo true!
I'd say it's more like
DICE = bad
EA + DICE = SHIT