DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6686|Disaster Free Zone

Jaekus wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Perhaps it will be more like BF2 than BC2; I won't know for sure until I play it. It's just what came to mind when I saw the cover in the OP. I'm not going to pin my hopes on it being a true spiritual successor to BF2 only to have them completely shot out of the sky by dumbed-down BC2 stuff.
True. All we can do is speculate at the moment, we have very little to go by. Hopefully at NAMM there is some early gameplay to be seen, and give us all a better idea of what's in store.
In saying this though, let us remember that BC2 was basically a console port and BC2 was the successor of a console only game. I mean, it even had mouse acceleration to start with...
BF3 is ideally meant to be a PC game first, and they've noted this by saying "PC is lead version". So this gives me some faith in the game that they are basically going to take all the good from BC2 (which is basically the frostbite engine, remade) and *hopefully* spend the rest of the time trying to recapture the gameplay and maps that made BF2 so good to begin with (I'm not talking about it's problems, that's another issue dead and buried).
Still speculation, but something to consider. I'm remaining cautiously optimistic anyway.
If they try to give PC and console similar gaming experiences, they will fail, even with PC as the 'lead'. If they release the games like BF2 and BF2: modem combat then there is a strong chance of this being a success.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5183|Sydney
It's easier to market the game as one game across different platforms, so I don't reckon this'll happen. But I do believe the PC version will be better (different). Look how the patched BC2 after release due to complaints of mouse smoothing etc. I don't think they'll fuck at least these parts up, it'd just be a waste of their time.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6004|Vortex Ring State

DrunkFace wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

True. All we can do is speculate at the moment, we have very little to go by. Hopefully at NAMM there is some early gameplay to be seen, and give us all a better idea of what's in store.
In saying this though, let us remember that BC2 was basically a console port and BC2 was the successor of a console only game. I mean, it even had mouse acceleration to start with...
BF3 is ideally meant to be a PC game first, and they've noted this by saying "PC is lead version". So this gives me some faith in the game that they are basically going to take all the good from BC2 (which is basically the frostbite engine, remade) and *hopefully* spend the rest of the time trying to recapture the gameplay and maps that made BF2 so good to begin with (I'm not talking about it's problems, that's another issue dead and buried).
Still speculation, but something to consider. I'm remaining cautiously optimistic anyway.
If they try to give PC and console similar gaming experiences, they will fail, even with PC as the 'lead'. If they release the games like BF2 and BF2: modem combat then there is a strong chance of this being a success.
but there's a huge disconnect

BF2 had no SP campaign

BF2:MC had a SP campaign

I popped BF2:MC in my friend's PS3 and I couldn't believe that I was playing the same game.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6719|Purplicious Wisconsin
BF2 MC and BF2 are different. For example engineer and anti tank are merged as well as medic and support, and there are ammo crates on the map.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6505|so randum
and BF2 MC is utterly terrible
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
thepilot91
+64|6241|Åland!

War Man wrote:

BF2 MC and BF2 are different. For example engineer and anti tank are merged as well as medic and support, and there are ammo crates on the map.
guess why ?

https://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n121/thepilot91/CONSOLE.png

In case you didn't see : its the because consolegamers

all the stupid n00bfriendly "player assisting" system in todays games origing from the concoles , wich suxhard , fine if they do aimbot and killcam and 7412936 classes into 1 solider , but for fuxxake keep it with the consoles!

good PC gamers don't need (want ? ) that shit!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

Looks like this is done. Will reopen if someone wants to comment on the cover.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard