Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6585|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Alright, so now that i have your attention! Here is my question.

I got a new pc and it have a HDMI port in the back of it, i was wondering if i could somehow hook up my 360 in that port and have my xbox hooked to my screen this way, or should i really just go out and get myself a sort of adapter to plug my hdmi in my screen?

Ive plugged the HDMI and it does nothing to the computer when i turn the xbox on, but when i shut the xbox my screen turn black for a second then back to normal display...why?

Thanks in advance to teh Tech guys!
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5988|Toronto
Chances are it's an output. I've yet to see a computer with an HDMI input. So yes, you need to get an adapter. HDMI-->DVI, most likely. Shouldn't cost more than thirty bucks.
I like pie.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York
Are you using the proprietary MS HDMI cable for the 360? I believe that's the only one that will work.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5969|Places 'n such
Tried fucking about for a while with something similar to this, best I could get was about 2 seconds of xbox on the screen before all the BIOS stuff took over. Easier just to pay up £2 for an adaptor.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6182|Sydney | ♥

TSI wrote:

Chances are it's an output. I've yet to see a computer with an HDMI input. So yes, you need to get an adapter. HDMI-->DVI, most likely. Shouldn't cost more than thirty bucks.
Chances are the DVI is an output too?
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
jaymz9350
+54|6585

tazz. wrote:

TSI wrote:

He meant get the adapter to hook into the DVI on the monitor.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6585|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Yeah, now that i think about it, its probablly an output....fail me for not thinking about it....Dvi adapter here i come i guess...and how come a LG monitor full hd dont have a hdmi input...wierd! Thanks all for the answer

Karma inbound!
jaymz9350
+54|6585

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Yeah, now that i think about it, its probablly an output....fail me for not thinking about it....Dvi adapter here i come i guess...and how come a LG monitor full hd dont have a hdmi input...wierd! Thanks all for the answer

Karma inbound!
Because it's a PC monitor so it has PC inputs, and the whole "full HD" is just marketing hype.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6182|Sydney | ♥

jaymz9350 wrote:

tazz. wrote:

TSI wrote:

He meant get the adapter to hook into the DVI on the monitor.
orite

Yeah i bought a monitor with HDMI/DVI/VGA

top dowlah
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard