Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623

JohnG@lt wrote:

Question for those that are so adamant they want BF3 to be like BF2: how much of your time would you say you spent in aircraft?
200 to 300 hours

which pales in comparison to the 1000+ hours I spent playing infantry

oh and that whole episode where I was playing for top-tier or even #1 ESL/CB infantry teams

mine is definitely just the coloured opinion of a jet whore
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Vehicles should dominate. I don't see how that's a problem.

If there's 2 strong vehicles per team of 32 the vehicles should be dominating, they shouldn't be "balanced down" to infantry level and be at some 1:1 KDR.

I didn't think Mashtuur was particularly linear either.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

TrashBlinD wrote:

I didn't really care for snipers in BC2 either but you brought up the issue so I adressed it.

BC2 rewarded camping because of it's terrible game mechanics that made it a CoD-style first to shoot wins everytime game. All you had to do was find a good camping spot and anything that showed up on your screen was an easy kill.
Every single FPS ever created has been the exact same way. It comes down to reflex time. Always has and always will.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

JohnG@lt wrote:

Again, I'm not saying BC2 was perfect by any means. It, like any other FPS, had its share of flaws. I just can't stand the rose tinted glasses people have on around here when it comes to BF2. The game was a shit show when it came to vehicle dominance, overpowered medics, and maps that were almost entirely linear. I'll take destruction 2.0, weaker vehicles and balanced classes any day of the week.
Entirely linear?  Really?  Karkand and Jalalabad were the only ones that came close to being linear.  Songhua was a circle fest.

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

That was a map design issue, not a game design issue. Same thing can be said for that one tropical island map where the offense starts with two blackhawks. It was really easy as offense to get bogged down on the map. Half the time I only won because I AT4'd the boxes from across the map.
Isla Innocentes.  Actually, plenty of ways to quickly dominate the first two sections of the map.

At least a couple guys.  Get it armed, smoke grenades, motion sensor, and then a mortar strike.
Yeah but you had to be uber quick to pull it off. Usually if the first rush failed you had to AT4 it down
Nah, just keep at it.  It eventually takes.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623

jord wrote:

Vehicles should dominate. I don't see how that's a problem.

If there's 2 strong vehicles per team of 32 the vehicles should be dominating, they shouldn't be "balanced down" to infantry level and be at some 1:1 KDR.

I didn't think Mashtuur was particularly linear either.
literally the first time i've heard anyone else say this

it's strange how people think that one tank/jet/attack helicopter should equal one infantryman
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Again, I'm not saying BC2 was perfect by any means. It, like any other FPS, had its share of flaws. I just can't stand the rose tinted glasses people have on around here when it comes to BF2. The game was a shit show when it came to vehicle dominance, overpowered medics, and maps that were almost entirely linear. I'll take destruction 2.0, weaker vehicles and balanced classes any day of the week.
Entirely linear?  Really?  Karkand and Jalalabad were the only ones that came close to being linear.  Songhua was a circle fest.
the one with the tv station was linearish, great wall was pretty linear, the new china map they released was pretty linear.

When I said linear I meant with respect to lines of sight. They did a pretty good job in BC2 of breaking up the terrain so snipers and other campers couldn't just hide in one spot and cover a large swath of the map. Could they cover a single set of MCOMs or a flag? Yeah, but they couldn't cover 3-4 flags like a sniper could in BF2.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6612|can

JohnG@lt wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

I didn't really care for snipers in BC2 either but you brought up the issue so I adressed it.

BC2 rewarded camping because of it's terrible game mechanics that made it a CoD-style first to shoot wins everytime game. All you had to do was find a good camping spot and anything that showed up on your screen was an easy kill.
Every single FPS ever created has been the exact same way. It comes down to reflex time. Always has and always will.
So every FPS ever created has had easy to use point-and-click guns and retardely clumsy player movement ?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

TrashBlinD wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

So every FPS ever created has had easy to use point-and-click guns and retardely clumsy player movement ?
So you want what? Dolphin diving?
-Frederick Bastiat
TehMyke
D:
+343|6679

JohnG@lt wrote:

So you want what? Dolphin diving?
yes pl0x
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

TrashBlinD wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

You can't possibly say that BF2 guns were harder to use than BC2 guns.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
There are plenty of good examples out there

CS' approach to gun control
early CoD's movement
Q3's emphasis on tactical skill in respect to combat
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6612|can

Ilocano wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

BF2 wasn't exactly a reference in terms of "gunplay" but it certainly beat BC2 and recent CoD's for example.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
early CoD's approach to gun control bested CS, imo... CS had so much random shit and annoying spray/hitbox issues.

bear in mind that vCoD was the first game to really nail a fine peeking system WITH the addition of iron-sights.

i'd say q3 and ut99 are the standard-bearers for their approach to movement and general mobility... ut2k4 being the pinnacle of that.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

JohnG@lt you literally don't have the slightest idea about what you're talking about.

Go back to D&ST, talking out of your ass doesn't work here.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623

Ilocano wrote:

L O L

BF2 guns ARE hard to control. There are so many different situations requiring so many different approaches, whereas in BC2 there are really only two or three factors to consider while shooting, or if you happen to be looking down an ironsight it's literally just point and click.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ilocano wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

They were because you had to hit two buttons. First your dolphin dive macro button and then left click.
-Frederick Bastiat
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
oh shit johngalt has the entire tactical depth of BF2 circa 2006 figured out

Ima have to change up my playstyle now
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6612|can

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

They were because you had to hit two buttons. First your dolphin dive macro button and then left click.
Yeah I think I'm done arguing with you here, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Miggle wrote:

JohnG@lt you literally don't have the slightest idea about what you're talking about.

Go back to D&ST, talking out of your ass doesn't work here.
Oh? What have I said that has been wrong?
-Frederick Bastiat
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

JohnG@lt wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

the one with the tv station was linearish, great wall was pretty linear, the new china map they released was pretty linear.

When I said linear I meant with respect to lines of sight. They did a pretty good job in BC2 of breaking up the terrain so snipers and other campers couldn't just hide in one spot and cover a large swath of the map. Could they cover a single set of MCOMs or a flag? Yeah, but they couldn't cover 3-4 flags like a sniper could in BF2.

JohnG@lt wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

Not saying BF2 didn't have campers, because it did, I'm just saying it was terribly ineffective especially against skilled opponents. I don't think I've ever seen one of those baddie snipers camping prone on a hill/crane being a threat to my team.
I never got killed by snipers more than a handful of times per map in BC2. It was also super rare to ever see a dedicated sniper with more than 3-5 kills at the end unless they were running around with a VSS or slugs. BC2 was a game where you had to be in the thick of the action to do much of anything. Why? Because most of the maps had built in curvature that required you to keep moving up to see anything. Were there some stupid choke points like the beginning of Port Valdez? Absolutely. But as I said, that was a map flaw, not a game flaw.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

TrashBlinD wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Yeah I think I'm done arguing with you here, you have no idea what you're talking about.
You still haven't explained how BC2 was different from BF2 when it came to the weapons. The crosshairs were different but you aren't going to hit shit in either game if you just spray and pray.
-Frederick Bastiat
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
the part where you were talking out of your ass, galt

it's like he said
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Miggle wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

Not saying BF2 didn't have campers, because it did, I'm just saying it was terribly ineffective especially against skilled opponents. I don't think I've ever seen one of those baddie snipers camping prone on a hill/crane being a threat to my team.
I never got killed by snipers more than a handful of times per map in BC2. It was also super rare to ever see a dedicated sniper with more than 3-5 kills at the end unless they were running around with a VSS or slugs. BC2 was a game where you had to be in the thick of the action to do much of anything. Why? Because most of the maps had built in curvature that required you to keep moving up to see anything. Were there some stupid choke points like the beginning of Port Valdez? Absolutely. But as I said, that was a map flaw, not a game flaw.
Miggle, unless you're going to actually add something to the discussion besides Neener neener you're wrong fuck off eh?
-Frederick Bastiat
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
So, what your real problem with the game was and still is that you were simply bad at it. No shame in that. We can't all be good at everything we try. But to blame the game itself for it when millions of other people had no real issues with it is rather silly, no?
I forgot who it was that added this to the discussion.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Lucien wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

L O L

BF2 guns ARE hard to control. There are so many different situations requiring so many different approaches, whereas in BC2 there are really only two or three factors to consider while shooting, or if you happen to be looking down an ironsight it's literally just point and click.
Are you serious?  G36E.  AK74.  Tap shooting the RPK and PKM.  SVD.  And as noted by John above, dive proning to get near 100% accuracy (pre removal of tactic that is.).

On BC2, try shooting when everything is blowing up around you.  Running and gunning.  Unzoomed firing at range.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard