-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6795|South Cybertown, Texas

PheloniusRM wrote:

The war college ribbon is destroying the game. It is causing so much ridiculous behavior in pursuit of wins...
This is pure unadulterated persuasion; your statement has no merit!

Who's to say they are doing this "just" to get the WCR?

Last edited by -=S8M=-Phoenix (2006-05-12 10:31:33)

Baron420
+3|6578

niekjejeje wrote:

[E.F.L]Airwolf wrote:

niekjejeje wrote:

i finely have it
no you don't
YES I HAVE LOOK AGEAN
Ya and after looking at your STATS and how many Sucides you have we can make the asumption
that you TEAM SWITCHED to get it! so don't be to PROUD of CHEATING your way to the WCR!!!!
If they Really want to fix this Award make it to were you cant Switch Teams without LEAVING the
Server and Rejoining!!! if you had to spend 5 to 10 minutes rejoining ppl would stop it or base it on KILLS
not WINS that would REALLY stop the Team Switching dumbass's and make them Fight for the
Award!! we would all be Amazed at the drop in Frag Rates for a LOT of PPL............
Baron420
+3|6578

-=S8M=-Phoenix wrote:

PheloniusRM wrote:

The war college ribbon is destroying the game. It is causing so much ridiculous behavior in pursuit of wins...
This is pure unadulterated persuasion; your statement has no merit!

Who's to say they are doing this "just" to get the WCR?
Well I for one will say it Phoenix!! I have Personally watched Several Clan members and a few
indaviduals TEAM SWITCH so they can get WINS which by the way is Forbidden in the EULA
rules but like most PPL you probably didn't BOTHER to to READ them......
-=S8M=-Phoenix

Baron420 wrote:

Well I for one will say it Phoenix!! I have Personally watched Several Clan members and a few indaviduals TEAM SWITCH so they can get WINS
Where is your proof, lets see it?

Show us your Screenshots?

Have you report them?

If you have personaly watched this and have not reported them, than your are as guilty as they are!

Baron420 wrote:

which by the way is Forbidden in the EULA rules but like most PPL you probably didn't BOTHER to to READ them......
Stop assuming! It only makes you look stupid!

Baron420 wrote:

Ya and after looking at your STATS and how many Sucides you have we can make the asumption that you TEAM SWITCHED to get it! so don't be to PROUD of CHEATING your way to the WCR!!!!
Suicides is no indicator of team switching! Where do come up with this crap?

It would be a safer assumption that you go to P&K servers because of your Pistols stats show you have over 3 hrs pistol usage and that’s high for someone with only 374 total game hours! How fair is that?

Last edited by -=S8M=-Phoenix (2006-05-12 11:30:54)

KingLou
Banned
+79|6626|Las Vegas

BabySpinach13 wrote:

So you want the last BF2 award that takes time and skill to get to be noobifyed?  Haven't enough medals been noobifyed?
What fucking skill is there in team switching or leaving games?  And for the people that say "You can't teamswitch after X% of tickets have been lost.....cause you'll still get a loss"........even if that is true, most people that I see teamswitch do it relatively early in the game, when it is obvious that one side is doing better than the other........so they switch to the side that looks like it's going to end up being the winning team.  9 times out of 10 it is. 

I'm sure there are some people out there that got the WCR legitimately........but I also guarantee there is a lot more that got it by teamswitching.

KiL

Last edited by KingLou (2006-05-12 11:51:24)

-=S8M=-Phoenix

MaddOps wrote:

C'mon fattie, let's dance!
LOL, bend him over and make him squeal like a pig!
PheloniusRM
+8|6700|Mission Viejo, CA
It would be a safer assumption that you go to P&K servers because of your Pistols stats show you have over 3 hrs pistol usage and that’s high for someone with only 374 total game hours! How fair is that?
Well, most intelligent snipers dont travel with the rifle in their hands. Most will travel either with the pistol or knife. Any sniper that has alot of hours on the kit should have alot of hours with the pistol and knife. Now on the other hand if someone has 1000 kills and 5 hours with the knife or pistol then they are surely padding.
-=S8M=-Phoenix

PheloniusRM wrote:

Well, most intelligent snipers dont travel with the rifle in their hands. Most will travel either with the pistol or knife. Any sniper that has alot of hours on the kit should have alot of hours with the pistol and knife. Now on the other hand if someone has 1000 kills and 5 hours with the knife or pistol then they are surely padding.
Your right, but what I was showing is that stats can be looked at in many differant ways and should not be used to show proof of someone cheating!

Screenshots and in game video, yes!

Last edited by -=S8M=-Phoenix (2006-05-12 12:57:59)

nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6629|The Netherlands
the many suiciding is of the not good working para 9 i often do o or 8 not of switching over to other teams
Baron420
+3|6578

-=S8M=-Phoenix wrote:

Baron420 wrote:

Well I for one will say it Phoenix!! I have Personally watched Several Clan members and a few indaviduals TEAM SWITCH so they can get WINS
Where is your proof, lets see it?

Show us your Screenshots?

Have you report them?

If you have personaly watched this and have not reported them, than your are as guilty as they are!

Baron420 wrote:

which by the way is Forbidden in the EULA rules but like most PPL you probably didn't BOTHER to to READ them......
Stop assuming! It only makes you look stupid!

Baron420 wrote:

Ya and after looking at your STATS and how many Sucides you have we can make the asumption that you TEAM SWITCHED to get it! so don't be to PROUD of CHEATING your way to the WCR!!!!
Suicides is no indicator of team switching! Where do come up with this crap?

Well lets start with the P&K gee 3 hrs with over 370 total hrs played..you should have LOOKED better
3hrs and only 70 some odd kills  hummm  1% of my time spent using the Pistol I can see were YOU
could ASSume....
Now to those I have seen CHEAT yes screen shots were TAKEN and gee wish I could have Battle Recorded
them but seeing as I DON'T RUN the SERVER makes it a little hard to do and yes I turned them into EA for
CHEATING but like they do most of the time they haven't pursued the CULPRITS...
And now as to SUCIDES yes you can draw CONCLUSIONS as to why they are DOING IT!  Let us say if
you have 700 Sucides and a 1000 wins with only 300 loses it means 1 of 4 THINGS
1. You have some kind of MENTAL DEFECT and want to really commit Sucide in REAL LIFE
2. You suck  at this GAME
3. You are a CLAN MONKEY with "Good TATICS"
4. YOU ARE TRYING TO GET THE WCR

I hope that answered your inquerries.....
Delphy
+45|6587|Bristol, UK
I dunno, it's just annoying that once you go past a certain amount of losses, you practically can't get the ribbon. And also you have some control over whether your team wins or loses, but not enough, it's too much luck.
JE3146
+109|6573|Oregon
This assumption crap based off hours is ridiculous... when I play sniper, I have my pistol out more than my rifle. I play on the move and mostly in close quarters. I just enjoy the challenge sometimes. Any tool can sitback and pop off a headshot at a stationary target. (Could also call it habit from years of playing CS)

What's the fun in playing if you're not going to get better (aka... putting yourself in difficult positions to get out of)?

That and I have like 1% of my total time as knife time, which was mostly spent running around with a knife for about 10 rounds trying to get my expert .... only to get it randomly one map without even saying... "I'm gonna get it this round"... the opportunity just fell into my lap.. over.. and over again (and no it wasn't a bunch of afk guys.. just a nice little squad of support guys and a couple of medics that didn't see the dude hiding in the bush.. lol)
em*Arsenic
+1|6560|Houston
I think once more people get it then it won't become such an issue anymore, however i don't see a need to argue about anything regarding the ribbons.  There is always gonna be disagreements on how it should work.  It would be alot to assume EVERYONE is gonna agree with EVERYTHING   EA does in regards to new games , upgrades,  expansion packs and what not.  But we all agreed to buy the game or play it.  I would just suggest some of you guys take things at face value for what it is, not for what you wish it was.  When you eat your brocoli  it might taste like shit but it isn't gonna taste like a steak, why complain about it?

Btw  Suicides are irrelevant regarding team switching.  I know alot of people utilize the "Jihad Jeeps" or just C4ing a tank and kills themselves because if they try to run for cover they believe their attempt will yield another death before they can blow their C4; so they take the suicide to take out the tank or apcs.  Then here is another one for you, how about a single enemy spotted by your commander trying to neutralize a crucial spawn point that you possess and you see on your map nobody is at that spawn point to defend it.  Suicide yourself and spawn there before he neutralizes it.    In the end, just eat your brocoli 

Last edited by em*Arsenic (2006-05-14 13:32:04)

Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6707|Central Valley,California
It's ok at what it's at. Not all players will get it. Only some.
FriiginChomper
+41|6703
I think that EA should leave the War college ribbon where it is because:
If they lowerd the requirement then it would be easyer to get and it wouldnt be a special award, very few people have this award and if they lowered it, it would be just like the other ribbons.
I belive the whole idea of the ribbon is make winning/losing the round have a value to players other than the commander, it is not ment to be recieved in a short period of time, it is for people that work at the game, are exceptional commanders and good team players.
sure lots of players team switch, but i bet alot of players also will work with their team to help win, the award has its goods and bads, but i think it is a good thing.
If EA lowered all the requirements for it and lowered them for general, then it would be easy and you wouldn't recieve as much gradatute from it, if you have all the badges/medals/ribbons and the highest rank, where are your goals. without awards like these, you would have no goals and the game wouldn't be as fun, i have 1510 more wins to go and i work on getting thoes, sure im probaly never going to play that long but it sets my goals so i have more of a reason to play other than fun.
look here to see how many people have the award.
http://www.bf2s.com/awards.php
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6584|MANCHESTERRR

GermanLegionaire wrote:

but the rest of your stats sux. and you got lots of suicides... wtj
Because ure stats are fucking excellent /Sarcasm
0mikr0n
Airborne Clan
+19|6698

PoP wrote:

GermanLegionaire wrote:

but the rest of your stats sux. and you got lots of suicides... wtj
Because ure stats are fucking excellent /Sarcasm
And you, sir, are being extremely rude, as is he being extremely stuck-up. That makes you both just as bad.

I'm good at close-quarters combat and like to use the weaker weapons to prove to everyone else that they're not really that weak... but even I don't say or believe that I'm better than anyone. In fact, I acknowledge that there are about 37,000 players better than me, so I shut up and take it like it is.

The War College Ribbon is... a mixed argument, one I would rather not take any sides on. Granted, it's hard to get (there are only like 50 people who have it and they're usually server admins who switch sides and end the round early; the ones who got wiped in an EA sweep a couple weeks ago), but it's not something to worry about. Remember, you don't have to get it.

Napoleon Bonaparte: "A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon."

Remember, I'm not saying they should leave it the way it is or to make it easier to get. I'm saying that it's not what's important; what's important is that you're having fun playing Battlefield 2. So sit back, enjoy the rest of the ride, and most importantly, have fun!

Last edited by 0mikr0n (2006-05-14 13:48:41)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard