nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT

Uzique wrote:

what is an "ideal" professor? aren't a lot of the faculty at harvard/yale quite reactionary and conservative?
At least from personal experience, I would say the vast majority are not conservative.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

JohnG@lt wrote:

jord wrote:

Well this has brought some much needed entertainment to this site, I was getting bored.
I was too Slow ass morning. I was starting to miss H/J even!
i love the 'galt retreat' technique... "i was just fucking around to provoke you with my feigned stupidity! trololol!"

then in the same breath you talk about being 'worthy' of D&ST... hahaha.

unnamed this topic very much is on-the-rails... haven't you noticed? galt's rampant and excused anti-semitism is befitting an israel-palestine talk!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Uzique wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

So you actually go into the "pictures of yourself" thread and take pictures of me from 1) over 2 years ago and 2, 3) almost a year ago

Wow. You're what, 24? What a sad, sad excuse for a man.
Just pointing out your immaturity. I told you, stay the fuck out of DST. You are as welcome as shifty is.
what exactly about the last 3 pages exactly merits you a 'welcome' place in D&ST? you're a joke.

go read some said and bite your tongue
Why would I read Said? What could possibly be less useful?

Solve the following problem:
A body whose mass is 0.5 kg pulls a spring down 0.2m and gains equilibrium. The body is then pushed 0.10 above the equilibrium position and released. A damping force numerically equal to the velocity is present. Acceleration of gravity is 10m/s/s.

Find the differential equation describing the position of the body as a function of time; the mass of the body is assumed to be concentrated at the end of the spring.

See, now that is a thing of beauty and much more relevant.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Karbin
+42|6264
So much for the thread on the U.S. veto.

:wtf
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
wow galt you are really on fire today. that's 3 consecutive 'arguments' you've had with me and poseidon that have all been intellectual heavyweights! if politics and cultural theory isn't your thing, why the fuck do you march into a thread about POLITICS and spout off in the tone of an educated-authority? if you've got better things to do with your time than to read the theorists and academics that you ignorantly denounce - why bother in the first place? if you're knee-deep in equations, why take this thread off-topic for 3 pages and a considerable amount of time by stubbornly arguing about something you know nothing about?

it's ironic to the extreme that in the same posts you talk about "maturity". you act like a little bitch when someone corrects you and/or calls you out. you would have stayed on your high-and-mighty 'hurf durf i can belittle you for following liberal trash professors' chair if i hadn't actually READ said. the fact that i have and could confidentally respond to your 'stop pretending uzique!' child-jibes meant you've regressed into some little bitch tantrum. sorry that i called you out for vomiting your typical faux-intellectual bullshit. i know it hurts from time to time to realise you're not as smart and universally wise as you think are. perhaps you just don't know much about the intellectual discourses surrounding israel-palestine; clearly this is the case when you blindly deny all of them any validity with your sweeping 'liberal bullshit' statements. that's a shame... but don't drag us down to your inane level.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA
bf2s, trolls trolling trolls.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
your last post is hilarious... it's like me marching into a thread about engineering and belligerently smack-talking my way through shit i know nothing about. and my ultimate comeback to the corrections and bemusement of the genuine engineers? "why would i bother spending my time on this mechanical and dull bullshit? here's 250 lines of keats... now that is a thing of beauty and much more relevant

unbelievable.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...
this thread is amazing
inane little opines
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

nukchebi0 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

what is an "ideal" professor? aren't a lot of the faculty at harvard/yale quite reactionary and conservative?
At least from personal experience, I would say the vast majority are not conservative.
From my personal experience, they have no political bias.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Cleared some of the stuff here as per participant request. Sorry if some of the flame war's lost its context.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT

DrunkFace wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

From my personal experience, they have no political bias.
Specifically here?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Uzique wrote:

now he's all super-macbeth about democracy
Huh?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

lowing wrote:

Then answer the question everyone else is avoiding. If Israel went back to say 1967 borders, do you honestly believe that will be the end of it and Israel will be left alone to exist in peace?
The true '67 borders?

Knocking down their wall, acknowledging the right of return, removing troops from all of Gaza and the West Bank and sharing ownership of Jerusalem with the Arabs (y'know - fulfilling their legal obligations)?

Yes, I certainly think they'd be left in peace after that. Of course it would take some time, the animosity isn't going to disappear overnight, but say 10 years after those sort of changes, I fully believe we'd see Israel being left alone to exist in peace.

You seem to be forgeting it is the Zionist movement who began the hostilities, which I do not believe they want to end until all of Palestine is under full Israeli control.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2011-02-21 11:51:12)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

JohnG@lt wrote:

It was an indictment of academia in general. They seem to delight in tenuring professors that go against the flow just for the sake of it. It doesn't seem to matter if their opinion is correct or not, as long as they have one that differs from the majority.
Its important to have people who can challenge the status quo and conventional wisdom, otherwise the usual groupthink becomes the only thought process. The ability to think outside the box becomes lost.

Just as its important to challenge 'accepted truths' like "Israel is our number one ally, we must defend them at all costs" when its patently not true.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

It was an indictment of academia in general. They seem to delight in tenuring professors that go against the flow just for the sake of it. It doesn't seem to matter if their opinion is correct or not, as long as they have one that differs from the majority.
Its important to have people who can challenge the status quo and conventional wisdom, otherwise the usual groupthink becomes the only thought process. The ability to think outside the box becomes lost.

Just as its important to challenge 'accepted truths' like "Israel is our number one ally, we must defend them at all costs" when its patently not true.
Perhaps, but the opposing view, the one espoused by you, is abhorrent.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
What is abhorrent, that Israel should be bound by international law like every other country?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

What is abhorrent, that Israel should be bound by international law like every other country?
International law is a fiction. There is no world government. The UN is a sham and has been since its inception.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

speaking up for the palestinians is abhorrent? what's abhorrent is your reduced understanding of the history of the situation.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

speaking up for the palestinians is abhorrent? what's abhorrent is your reduced understanding of the history of the situation.
Sticking up for the Palestinians at the expense of the Jews? Yes, it is abhorrent. What he wants would strip Israel of any defensive capability and leave it open to invasion... again. How many times must the damn country be invaded before people realize that Arabs in the region really dislike Jews enough to want to kill them?

Or is that just one of those unintended consequences that we can worry about after the fact?

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2011-02-21 14:48:15)

-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
LOL OK...

Then the UN resolutions legitimising Israel are also a fiction.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

LOL OK...

Then the UN resolutions legitimising Israel are also a fiction.
Sure. It was British territory and they could do with it as they saw fit without the UN in the first place.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

JohnG@lt wrote:

Uzique wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Sticking up for the Palestinians at the expense of the Jews? Yes, it is abhorrent. What he wants would strip Israel of any defensive capability and leave it open to invasion... again. How many times must the damn country be invaded before people realize that Arabs in the region really dislike Jews enough to want to kill them?

Or is that just one of those unintended consequences that we can worry about after the fact?
john 2 pages ago you were deriding poseidon FOR BEING A JEW... now it's morally reprehensible to support the arabs?

you just don't have a clue
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Uzique wrote:

john 2 pages ago you were deriding poseidon FOR BEING A JEW... now it's morally reprehensible to support the arabs?

you just don't have a clue
No, I just know how to get under Poseidons skin.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
by being anti-semitic in a 'debate and serious talk' thread? great.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

JG wrote:

before people realize that Arabs in the region really dislike Jews enough to want to kill them
Where do you get this stuff from?

There was no issue between Arabs and Jews prior to Zionism - the idea that Arabs were untermensch and must make way for or be exterminated for the lebensraum of the Jewish master-race.

I don't get it, the Jews are entitled to be pissed that the Germans tried to clear them out, the Palestinians must lie down and take it?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-02-21 14:52:57)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard