BRiiNDED
+137|6095
This is for Sam,
It all started a few days ago when I was gaming and I'd get a huge lag spike every so often, didn't realise the problem at the time and later that day my pc just shut itself down. Asked around and was told to download core temp, got it and was my temperature was around 67 dergrees c whilst idleing with only firefox running.

Now every time i try to game or do too much at once, eg load firefox, xfire at the same time as listening to music, or if i just start a game my pc again would just shut itself down, the one time it didnt restart when i was doing more than one thing the temp rocketed to 90c, sometimes nearly 100. Obviously i closed everything there and then.

Tried my old duel core cpu and still have the exact same problem. I bought some decent thermal paste to use aswell as a new freezer 7 pro fan to replace the intel fan that came with my cpu. Now while idleing my temperature is around 57, but again if i try to do too much it will heat up straight away and has only shut itself down once now.

Any suggestions what to do next? I've been told it could be my motherboard but I wanted to hear more suggestions first.
Thanks
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
It sounds like the mobo, unless both CPUs are faulty. Try the newer CPU in a different system first, process of elimination.

I had a similar problem a couple years ago, drove me nuts. Can't tell you how many times I opened my machine up and reapplied thermal paste, but suffice to say I got really good at it after a while. Turned out to be the CPU, got an RMA and was fine after that.
BRiiNDED
+137|6095

Jaekus wrote:

It sounds like the mobo, unless both CPUs are faulty. Try the newer CPU in a different system first, process of elimination.

I had a similar problem a couple years ago, drove me nuts. Can't tell you how many times I opened my machine up and reapplied thermal paste, but suffice to say I got really good at it after a while. Turned out to be the CPU, got an RMA and was fine after that.
All CPU's have been tested, I think he was thinking about nicking his dad's mobo (if compatiable) to see if that altered anything.
If all CPU's are faulty then that is one hell of a bad luck streak.
Thanks for reply dood.
Ill get him to check out an RMA if need be.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
Well it's more just to eliminate that it isn't the CPU, so if going for an RMA on the board and if they happen to ask "Are you sure it's not the CPU?" you can confidently reply "Yes, we checked it out in a different system, ran tests and it came up fine".

I've never had any experience with a faulty motherboard (touch wood) so I can't help you from here, other than google or contact the manufacturer's customer support.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4939|Dundee, Scotland.
this little prick has some stones asking for help here, Sam did nothing but fuck this place up repeatedly.

i agree with jaekus, it sounds like the mobo, but could be fucked cpus. or both. has he thoroughly cleaned the case out? What cpu is it exactly?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
BRiiNDED
+137|6095

Camm wrote:

this little prick has some stones asking for help here, Sam did nothing but fuck this place up repeatedly.

i agree with jaekus, it sounds like the mobo, but could be fucked cpus. or both. has he thoroughly cleaned the case out? What cpu is it exactly?
He wasn't, I am, shush.

Yes, fully cleaned, apparently. CPU is Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400.

So so far, the suggestions are; Motherboard or all CPU's are faulty? or optentiallyunclean case?
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5208|Cleveland, Ohio

Camm wrote:

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/51907/catmelon.jpg
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

BRiiNDED wrote:

Camm wrote:

He wasn't, I am, shush.

So so far, the suggestions are; Motherboard or all CPU's are faulty? or optentiallyunclean case?
what's the lithography of that cpu? 45nm? That points towards thermal cutoff in the cpu.
BRiiNDED
+137|6095

Camm wrote:

BRiiNDED wrote:

Camm wrote:

He wasn't, I am, shush.

what's the lithography of that cpu? 45nm? That points towards thermal cutoff in the cpu.
Yeah, 45.

P.S. Lithography? lol
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

BRiiNDED wrote:

P.S. Lithography? lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithograph … ithography

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard