+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
lol
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Poseidon wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

So I bought and played Arkham Asylum today...

It's pretty good imo
I absolutely love the platforming parts & the gadgets
I absolutely hate the minibosses (1 big guy and tons of tiny idiots all hitting you at once..) they are so frustrating and über difficult compared to everything else...
I love how you post this in total retaliation to the posts from the other thread. "Gonna prove them wrong alright, gonna SHOW THEM, yes I AM."
He said he was going to buy it yesterday on the first page of this thread...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York
The piracy talk against Floppy started before that.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Poseidon wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

So I bought and played Arkham Asylum today...

It's pretty good imo
I absolutely love the platforming parts & the gadgets
I absolutely hate the minibosses (1 big guy and tons of tiny idiots all hitting you at once..) they are so frustrating and über difficult compared to everything else...
I love how you post this in total retaliation to the posts from the other thread. "Gonna prove them wrong alright, gonna SHOW THEM, yes I AM."
I haven't posted anything related to Arkham asylum outside this thread

nice try anyway... oh wait.. no it wasn't

Poseidon wrote:

The piracy talk against Floppy started before that.
Yeah keep trying to pull yourself to land....

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-02-15 19:58:32)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
floppy are you actually seeing a counsellor because you should be
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
Played some TDU2 last night.

Don't bother with it, complete console port. Nothing too gamebreaking when transferred to PC, but a lot of little niggles. For example: 1280x720 medium graphics 0xAA through the countless unskipable cutscenes, then you can only change the graphics when you actually start playing. No way to change it from Windowed mode I could find inside the game. Control mapping is horrible, takes forever, is clunky, doesn't detect half the inputs on my gamepad, couldn't for the life of me figure out how to "bank" the cash I earned from the very burnout-rippoffy points system (close calls, oncoming traffic etc) as there was no button to map in the options. Every car felt exactly the same, with the only difference being FWD, 4WD, RWD, and even then it wasn't a lot.

Overall very disappointing, glad I didn't trust the trailers enough to buy it.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FloppY_
­

Uzique wrote:

floppy are you actually seeing a counsellor because you should be
I already told you how little I care for your advice didn't I?
FloppY_
­

Finray wrote:

Don't bother with it, complete console port. Nothing too gamebreaking when transferred to PC, but a lot of little niggles. For example: 1280x720 medium graphics 0xAA through the countless unskipable cutscenes, then you can only change the graphics when you actually start playing. No way to change it from Windowed mode I could find inside the game. Control mapping is horrible, takes forever, is clunky, doesn't detect half the inputs on my gamepad, couldn't for the life of me figure out how to "bank" the cash I earned from the very burnout-rippoffy points system (close calls, oncoming traffic etc) as there was no button to map in the options. Every car felt exactly the same, with the only difference being FWD, 4WD, RWD, and even then it wasn't a lot.

So you can't tell the difference between a car driving around a corner and a car spinning around a corner?

A: You didn't try more than a few cars
B: You are pulling it out your arse

I do agree with it beeing a horrible consoleport and not worth a buy...
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
Time for something that doesnt involve floppy
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

So you can't tell the difference between a car driving around a corner and a car spinning around a corner?

Obviously you were going too fast into the corner in the RWD cars, if you take the corner at the right speed there's practically no difference between RWD, FWD and 4WD.
FloppY_
­

Finray wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

Obviously you were going too fast into the corner in the RWD cars, if you take the corner at the right speed there's practically no difference between RWD, FWD and 4WD.
Slow in - fast out

On a keyboard you will spin 99% of the time you hit the throttle while turning thanks to it applying 100% throttle instantly... and in general RWD cars are much trickier ingame...
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Get a gamepad, then try to review a racing game.. lol, you obviously have no idea.
FloppY_
­

Finray wrote:

Get a gamepad, then try to review a racing game.. lol, you obviously have no idea.
lol why would I? go die in a fire.....

all of you...

srsly...

btw: I just bought Just Cause 2 for €6.25 on the steam daily offer...
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Because racing games aren't meant to be played with a keyboard? Not a hard concept to grasp. They're meant to be played with a gamepad so you can avoid the problem of 100% throttle/brake.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

Finray wrote:

Because racing games aren't meant to be played with a keyboard? Not a hard concept to grasp. They're meant to be played with a gamepad so you can avoid the problem of 100% throttle/brake.
true.  they arent that great with a gamepad either tbh.  i only really enjoyed a racing game with a wheel.
FloppY_
­

Finray wrote:

That doesn't change the fact that developers need to take into account that most people on this platform will play the game with keyboard
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

That doesn't change the fact that developers need to take into account that most people on this platform will play the game with keyboard
why?  you fuckers rip it anyway so why would they?
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6660|Devon, England
Totally just bought Shining Force.

What a fucking game.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

No they won't... jesus.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

No they don't

infact I believe you're in a very very small minority

What are they to do, include a gamepad with the game? There's no way of getting around the fact a keyboard has no analogue input.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

I loaded up the game - Set my reso - Alt+Enter -- Detected the xbox360 controller, and I was away! Not one issue hardware wise, not one crash.

The only thing that bugs me is the 8 seconds it takes to restart an event. Everything else I'm really enjoying

Edit: Floppy - For the amount you're playing it and the fact you dis it so much is quite irritating. In my opinion you should support the developers if you're enjoying the game- and to say you are not yet continue to play means you are lying.

I pre-ordered this sucker back in '10 XD
https://i.imgur.com/HZEeO.jpg

Last edited by tazz. (2011-02-16 08:37:41)

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
I need to get my 360 controller ready to be used with my computer
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

Camm wrote:

I use one from DealExtreme - Had to look at their comments to find a suitable driver for the x64 - but works amazingly.

Cost me 8 bucks or someshit - waited a month tho- lol.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Lol floppy, lol.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

tazz. wrote:

Camm wrote:

I use one from DealExtreme - Had to look at their comments to find a suitable driver for the x64 - but works amazingly.

Cost me 8 bucks or someshit - waited a month tho- lol.
I've got one, I just need to get something to connect it up

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard