Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

As if the democrats were the party of "YES" during the Bush era?  What you say is why NOTHING gets done in Washington. It is not  solely because the Republicans will not cooperate.
That really doesn't have anything to do with what I said. I said the Republicans lack a cohesive platform of their own. Half of them care about social issues above all else and the other half light a candle for Saint Reagan before bed. They don't stand for anything. At least with Bush you knew he was a neo-con and where he was coming from. The Republicans right now, today, are just an amorphous blob of populist talking points and no real agenda. As much as I disagree with liberals on issues like government scope and spending, at least you know where they stand. There's no William F Buckley alive today to lead the way, just talking heads that like to yell at their guests for ratings boosts. Hell, the majority of those that claim that they are fiscally conservative do so because it's supposedly part of their ideology without actually knowing what it means. They care more about forcing social conformity than anything else.
I can see that, and the American public sees it as well, hence the Tea Party movement and the rise of the independents, slowly but surely. There is absolutely no hope in the liberal agenda, and it is clear the Republicans are not going to be the answer
The Tea Party is an even bigger joke than the mainstream Republican party. That thing got corrupted and co-opted so quickly that the libertarians who started it are still suffering from whiplash.

Instead, people like this were allowed to represent them...
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Take it to ee fellas.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Kmar wrote:

Take it to ee fellas.
Feel free to tidy up a bit
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD

JohnG@lt wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Take it to ee fellas.
Feel free to tidy up a bit
he means your house, Kmar, we're coming
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

You just don't like the right-leaning tendencies of Fox News and thus think Murdoch is the devil.
I don't have a problem with the right wing at all.
I have a problem with theory being presented as fact, flimsy wisps of nothing being presented as fact, extreme dogma being presented as the only option and anyone who disagrees being painted a communist or terrorist.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Dilbert_X wrote:

I have a problem with theory being presented as fact, flimsy wisps of nothing being presented as fact, extreme dogma being presented as the only option and anyone who disagrees being painted a communist or terrorist.
It's not always presented as fact. A favoured tactic like-

Obama might be a Muslim. We don't know for certain that he is a Christian.

Obama may not have been born in America. We don't know for certain that his birth certificate wasn't forged.

Repeat it often enough and people believe you.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

AussieReaper wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

It's not always presented as fact. A favoured tactic like-

Obama might be a Muslim. We don't know for certain that he is a Christian.

Obama may not have been born in America. We don't know for certain that his birth certificate wasn't forged.

Repeat it often enough and people believe you.
I must admit that I am surprised that things such as your examples still surface. It's like the moon hoaxers..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6812|Nårvei

Next question: Will the unrest in Tunisia and Egypt spread even further? ... there are indications of the start of unrest in Algeria, Yemen, Libya, Saudi Arabia and Iran ... will a Tsunami of "unrest for freedom" hit the Arab part of the world?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

JohnG@lt wrote:

Kmar wrote:

iirc Fox came into existence as a result of an already heavily saturated left wing media market. In fact the phrase "Fair and Balanced" is a reply to each of those other media outlets. The claim isn't that they alone are fair and balanced, but rather they offer opposing opinions.
My only problem with them is that they've become not so much the conservative voice, but the anti-Democrat voice. If Obama came out tomorrow and said he wanted to cut taxes, cut spending, and focus on fixing regulations Fox would come out with stories detailing the people that would lose their jobs because of his cuts and decry the increase in the deficit due to the tax cuts etc. They've morphed into a simple contradiction of whatever the Dems push instead of having a working ideology of their own. I read some of their articles and I just sit there scratching my head like 'wtf?'. To me it's fairly obvious why they and the Republicans came to be labeled the Party of No. They have no ideas or ideology, they simply represent the opposite of whatever the Dems are pushing today. It's pathetic really.
Replace Republicans with Democrats. Replace Fox with MSNBC. A couple of years ago, replace Obama with Bush. Rinse and repeat.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Varegg wrote:

Next question: Will the unrest in Tunisia and Egypt spread even further? ... there are indications of the start of unrest in Algeria, Yemen, Libya, Saudi Arabia and Iran ... will a Tsunami of "unrest for freedom" hit the Arab part of the world?
The concern with all of those is "the devil you know vs the devil you don't."

Some will see these situations as opportunities to seize power, rather than democratic revolutions (ie Iran in 1979). In fact, they may start out as democratic and morph quickly into autocracies (Egypt and Iran). More instability into an already unstable area, but the upside is that it may end up with predominantly democratic, representative governance in the region...which should be good for everyone. Especially those who live there.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6812|Nårvei

FEOS wrote:

but the upside is that it may end up with predominantly democratic, representative governance in the region...which should be good for everyone. Especially those who live there.
Yeah ... first and foremost that the people who live there get what they want
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Varegg wrote:

FEOS wrote:

but the upside is that it may end up with predominantly democratic, representative governance in the region...which should be good for everyone. Especially those who live there.
Yeah ... first and foremost that the people who live there get what they want
Of course I hope the people there get what they want. But being pragmatic, I'm also concerned about the impact to my own country's interests, as well as global interests, in the region.

Instability increases the odds that the people will not get what they want and that the interests of others will not be met, either.
― Albert Einstein

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

That really doesn't have anything to do with what I said. I said the Republicans lack a cohesive platform of their own. Half of them care about social issues above all else and the other half light a candle for Saint Reagan before bed. They don't stand for anything. At least with Bush you knew he was a neo-con and where he was coming from. The Republicans right now, today, are just an amorphous blob of populist talking points and no real agenda. As much as I disagree with liberals on issues like government scope and spending, at least you know where they stand. There's no William F Buckley alive today to lead the way, just talking heads that like to yell at their guests for ratings boosts. Hell, the majority of those that claim that they are fiscally conservative do so because it's supposedly part of their ideology without actually knowing what it means. They care more about forcing social conformity than anything else.
I can see that, and the American public sees it as well, hence the Tea Party movement and the rise of the independents, slowly but surely. There is absolutely no hope in the liberal agenda, and it is clear the Republicans are not going to be the answer
The Tea Party is an even bigger joke than the mainstream Republican party. That thing got corrupted and co-opted so quickly that the libertarians who started it are still suffering from whiplash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5hAKbBs … re=channel
clearly you know jack shit about the Tea Tea party
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5038|Massachusetts, USA

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

clearly you know jack shit about the Tea Tea party
Clearly you know jack shit.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney
What's the Tea Tea Party?
UnkleRukus
That Guy

Jaekus wrote:

Super secret tea party, need a special handshake and reacharound to get in.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

JohnG@lt wrote:

B@tch.. you know Jack shit about the Tea Party or who represents them. The Tea Party doesn't have a Representative, it is Grass Roots. Why don't you make another divergent post on masturbation, clearly that is your expertise. " I build Sky scrapers " lol You are a joke. Go back to complaining about Italics and punctuation , ! . . .; @sshole
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone
You can swear, mummy wont see I promise.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

UnkleRukus wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

That would bring you runnin no doubt. Some people have " Super Secret weapons " too ! ROFLMAO
UnkleRukus
That Guy

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

That would bring you runnin no doubt. Some people have " Super Secret weapons " too ! ROFLMAO
You should try to invade my house and try to find them, I have a spare Mission Accomplished banner if you want to borrow it when you're done.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

B@tch.. you know Jack shit about the Tea Party or who represents them. The Tea Party doesn't have a Representative, it is Grass Roots. Why don't you make another divergent post on masturbation, clearly that is your expertise. " I build Sky scrapers " lol You are a joke. Go back to complaining about Italics and punctuation , ! . . .; @sshole
The fact that you consider yourself a tea partier speaks volumes. You're the poster child for everything that went wrong with the movement. It started as a movement for fiscal conservatives and ended up being a carbon copy of the republican party except with a different name and that somehow made the members of the group feel differently about their opinions. The tea party didn't spawn because the republicans were not conservative enough. It spawned because of the damn bank bailouts. It really had nothing to do with anything else until Fox n Friends coopted it and turned it into some uber conservative thing for all the people who rightfully feel ostracized by the republicans because they are too damn fringe. It was basically a right wing version of what happens at every G20 summit when all the anarchists show up.
-Frederick Bastiat
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

The fact that you consider yourself a tea partier speaks volumes..
Never said I was a Tea Party member,  you can't read. That speaks volumes.

JohnG@lt wrote:

You're the poster child for everything that went wrong with the movement. ..
Again you know jack shit, You're poster child for hypocrisy and contradiction.

JohnG@lt wrote:

It started as a movement for fiscal conservatives and ended up being a carbon copy of the republican party except with a different name and that somehow made the members of the group feel differently about their opinions. ..
Been to a rally J@rk or are you " just regurgitating " what you heard ? Bullshit artist that you are.

JohnG@lt wrote:

The tea party didn't spawn because the republicans were not conservative enough. It spawned because of the damn bank bailouts. It really had nothing to do with anything else until Fox n Friends coopted it and turned it into some uber conservative thing for all the people who rightfully feel ostracized by the republicans because they are too damn fringe. ..
Again, You don't know a dam thing. Your the one who just " regurgitates " the phlegm the networks spew and you do it word for word, Oh You forgot to call them racists.

JohnG@lt wrote:

It was basically a right wing version of what happens at every G20 summit when all the anarchists show up.
Yea Right J@RK, that is what it was, Minus the Riots, Vandalism, Arson,  Mass arrests, damage to public property, etc etc.. So who's the Parrot you dumb steer. ? go build a Sky Scraper and make sure you share your witticisms in the elevator with your co-Workers, That is unless your are a total poser and a fraud in your views and have to hide who you really are.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2011-02-14 13:44:53)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

UnkleRukus wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

You should try to invade my house and try to find them, I have a spare Mission Accomplished banner* if you want to borrow it when you're done.
sounds like a fun nite for all !

Ps. we know you can't have things hidden in your house in the People's Republic of Mass.

* whats that refer to ?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

lmfao, I love how you take it as some personal hit on your manhood when he talks bad about the tea party...and then say you're not part of it.

Hunter/Jumper, bringing down the English language since whenever he was born.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5700
wasn't atg a tea party fanatic?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard