crotchlemur
+8|6720|The Lemur's Den
In reverse chronological order by era from the recently deceased to games from my youth (YOB 1973):

PC games first

BF1942 : Desert Combat & Galactic Conquest
Halflife, SOF, COD

I keep a Win98 machine around so I can still play the DOS based stuff like Duke Nukem and Blood without having to jump through any hoops to get it to work.  I played Magic the Gathering : Duels of the Planeswalkers a couple weeks ago.  That's one that XP rejects too.

X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing vs TIE Fighter...  loved everything Star Wars until Lucas went retarded circa 1997

Anyone remember Infocom's Leather Goddesses of Phobos?

Some of my favorite Platform games based on replayability:
(These are all the real deal.  None of that emulation stuff.  Grab the cart, plug in the box, turn on the tube.  I've got all those old systems plugged in or ready to be plugged in with boxes of carts to go through and joysticks to abuse -- insert dirty joke here   )

Sega Genesis
=========
Cyborg Justice - loved ripping the arms off your opponent and putting them on your own robot

SNES
===
Super Bomberman - Bomberman is the best multiplayer console series ever!

TurboGrafx16/PCEngine
===============
Bomberman'94  - 5 player chaos!
Street Fighter 2 CE - best arcade port
NeoNectaris - excellent turn-based strategy game
AD&D Order of the Griffin - the best AD&D console RPG

Nintendo
======
Super Dodgeball - still in the system now from the weekend waiting for my son (7yrsold) & I to rock it out again
Blaster Master - great platform game
Solomon's Key - loved the platform strategy
Tetris - classic

Atari 2600 (these get broken out every time my brother comes back into town)
=======
Combat
Outlaw
Warlord
Haunted House
Maze Craze
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Empire Stikes Back
Spiderman

and the lists go on... video games were my life until dating.  I never stopped gaming but they took up less of my time.  They took a break until I got married and had kids.  Now I can share all my old stuff with my son.  Like I mentioned above, I've got boxes of the stuff that I bring out for him.  It's such a shame that kids today have no clue about the history of the console games and cartridges.  Sure Atari and Activision and Coleco and etc release ports to other consoles but it's just not the same.  Some of you know what I mean.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6668|USA
Tie Fighter Vs xwing ruled
Souls
+14|6698|Garden City, KS. USA

Naughty_Om wrote:

I played DFLW, after that, the delta force series got lame
I loved mulitplayer DFLW.  I've probably logged as many hours on it as i have BF2.  The sniper rifles were the best of any game I 've played.  But like most games the hackers started showing up so I quit playing it.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6689|USA
Pong! w00t! best h4x0r free game ever!
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6717|Canada
spacewar, frontier elite II on dos os
civilization, lander etc windows 3.1
did anyone like lander?  I'm working on 3d windows lander 2006 let me know it you're interested
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6785

ThundergodTyLor wrote:

Bellus, try DosBox
had a look at DosBox to play Carmageddon, but in the list of games which dosbox supports, it says Broken next to carmageddon!

will give it a try and see if i can get it working!
Answeller
Usual Suspect
+16|6733|İstanbul,Türkiye
Might And Magic 7 For Blood And Honor (Best one of the series imho) and some red alert mammoth tanks rule!!!
flossmore
+10|6690|Cherry Valley, IL
one of the all time greats the original rogue spear is a game I play every now and then.
mrsnype
+1|6718|Oslo, Norway
tetris and solitaire i supppose beats all, but red alert  the original i still play for sentimental reasons.
I want to try the first prince of persia game again or outrun 1.
ThundergodTyLor
You am dee best!
+34|6731|RCM Headquarters

theDude5B wrote:

had a look at DosBox to play Carmageddon, but in the list of games which dosbox supports, it says Broken next to carmageddon!

Good.  Just because something says it won't work, doesn't mean it won't.    Just like Windows...it says it should work...but yeah.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6785

ThundergodTyLor wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

Good.  Just because something says it won't work, doesn't mean it won't.    Just like Windows...it says it should work...but yeah.
yeah there is always a way to get something to work. just takes a lot or persistence or do it another way. Found a patch which says it should get carmageddon 2 working but dont know about the first one.

so yeah get home from work and think i will install the second one, but the cd box is empty! i have the original game but dont think that is ever going to work. found out though i can buy the second one and an aparent 3rd one for 5 bucks off the net! w00t

Last edited by theDude5B (2006-05-12 10:59:56)

=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6831|Barrington, RI
I play MOHAA once in a while when I have to.

Last edited by =ST6=SewerMaster (2006-05-12 21:00:13)

Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6780|Houston, TX
Just a rehash of an old post here.  Some older games mentioned.  Thought it might be relevant here.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=8172

KJ

PS anyone remember the mines of mars?  kinda like total recall in an rpg w/turn based strategy fights?
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6799|Dallas
Solitare and Minesweeper.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6727|England
Age of Empires - The best (old) game ever to be made.
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6740|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

Kaosdad008 wrote:

I actually loaded and played LucasArts X-Wing.

Other than that; CIV III, AoE Conquerers, C&C Tiberian Sun.
Anyone ever play TIE Fighter? That is another great Lucas Arts game.
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6595
haha fun thread....i still play manic miner....just cant get past level 300!

peace andy

Last edited by c4_he_was_famous (2006-05-13 07:53:06)

R0lyP0ly
+161|6689|USA
as previously stated, pong was fun, but then the darn hackers ruined the game for us clean players. i mean really, how far is it if their pong board stretched the entire screen?

superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6816

freecell, have a 99% win rate
Black Vaine
+43|6657|K-Town, Sweden
Well... I am a nostaligic... I Play

The Elder Scrolls I : Arena (!) Yep. true! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls:_Arena

Its frikkin lovely, download it att Elder Scrolls official site. You must use DOSbox emulator!

And I play Lego Creator: Harry Potter from 2001. Gotta love them bricks
Reaper2325
+2|6758|New Hartford, New York
The oldest game I've played recently, Battle Chess and the original Civilization.
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6662|The Netherlands
i have played verry old games but i dotn know the names enymore sometimes when im realy bored i play diablo 1 and it rocks hopefully diable 3 will come out soon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard