Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

I think South Australia must be due for a plague of flying poisonous spiders.
Oh those? They can also cut glass with their mandibles, and are known for laying eggs in your ears.
Is that all? I assumed they'd infect us with the rage virus.
thought they did... (I have been following your rebuttals to Lowing.)
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Most biased anti-American bullshit around. They're only showing the dumb people to make Americans look dumb. Bunch of fucking scumbags doing that.
The US is full of thumbs-up-ass ignorant *$#%wits, that's for sure. I know they exist in droves, but it still comes as a slight surprise to me when I find a fellow Yank who can actually point out our own country on a map, let alone someone else's. Not much emphasis is placed on developing long-term memory in our public schools. A grade's proper material is often postponed while a teacher 'refreshes' an entire class on 'forgotten' material at the end of summer break, so there's no real motivation.

Seriously, nouns and pronouns in 10th grade?
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5239|Cleveland, Ohio

11 Bravo wrote:

why is this stupid thread open?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Most biased anti-American bullshit around. They're only showing the dumb people to make Americans look dumb. Bunch of fucking scumbags doing that.
The US is full of thumbs-up-ass ignorant *$#%wits, that's for sure. I know they exist in droves, but it still comes as a slight surprise to me when I find a fellow Yank who can actually point out our own country on a map, let alone someone else's. Not much emphasis is placed on developing long-term memory in our public schools. A grade's proper material is often postponed while a teacher 'refreshes' an entire class on 'forgotten' material at the end of summer break, so there's no real motivation.

The Summer break has always been a contenious issue for me. I honestly think having such a long period away from school is detrimental.

Here in Aus we get a few 2 week breaks during the year (between the 4 semesters) and then a little longer during Christmas break. And between those 2 weeks there is always homework and assignments you have to do.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Seriously?!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

Spark wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Seriously?!
Seriously. And once they graduate 12th, they forget again.

AussieReaper wrote:

The Summer break has always been a contenious issue for me. I honestly think having such a long period away from school is detrimental.

Here in Aus we get a few 2 week breaks during the year (between the 4 semesters) and then a little longer during Christmas break. And between those 2 weeks there is always homework and assignments you have to do.
I don't think the length of summer break is the real issue. There's no motivating factor for kids to retain what they learn.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney
This puts a semi-sinister edge to the flooding. Not sure what to make of it though - http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011 … 201947.htm

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard