Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I guess it does matter if you are living under Mubaraks fist.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

This is what I saw .. cnn correspondent http://twitter.com/HalaGorani/status/36119133300985857
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA
Well now he is gone but the question has never been answered.......What do they want, what are they looking for, and from who?
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356
Seems like everyone is celebrating, you'd think they had captured Saddam ?
13rin
+977|6481

Kmar wrote:

Behind the rest? Who was leading the charge, and what was that message? Actually it would seem the primary message was the same in both revolts from Obama. A rather boring keep it peaceful position. Name me a politician that isn't a self promoting narcascist. Please. That goes for any so called talking head as well. I never understood how so many people can be so eagerly trusting of political commentators whilst maintaining that the government is out to get them. Talking heads openly and absolutley maintain their opinions for personal gain.

After seeing the president talk about moving to a more fiscally responsible budget and then seeing him berated for doing so by the typical right wing pundints, I really don't give a crap about what they say. They prefer to, in their mind, rub his nose in it .. instead of embracing the policy. Save the clap trap. I have heard the whole "but he was spending a lot early on" mantra. Their positioning is so predictable and juvenile. So tell me, what is the point of paying any mind to those people? If his every move has been completely decided upon prior to making it, even when those moves are agreeable, what's the point? It is obviosly no win.

The same goes for foreign policy. Americans need to grow the fuck up and stop treating real world life and death geopolitical situations like a daytime soap opera. Oh yea, we're real concerned about Egypt so long as it temporarily helps us maintain the entertainment value of the current news cycle. Pretty soon the cheese is going to slide off the cracker and we will stop caring enough to even mention it.
See Burma and Georgia for references.
Behind the rest of the world.  It would appear that his intel on this sucked ass.  Hildo says one thing bamster says another.  Christ man, Biden's over there claiming Mubby isn't a dictator.  The Bamster's position was to support the puppet regime in Iran, not those in the street crying for freedom and real revolution.  Glad you brought up Georgia.  They plead to the US and to Bamster for help after agreeing to certain concessions (bases installed there) and he basically told them to fuck off.  In the Russian tanks rolled. 

You really believe that the bamster wants to be fiscally responsible?  Come on man.  Freezing spending levels that are all ready unsustainable is not being fiscally responsible -after he's the dipshit that singed off on the massive spending.  Hard to pull back from that simple fact as predictable as you find it.  Fuck man, the guy ran around telling R's "don't tell us how to hold the mop" and "you can sit in the back" and locks em out of meetings.  I think that R's that vote in the chambers have been working with him more so than pelosi killing Newts rules and jamming a crappy agenda down the throats of the American people.  Not to mention the assassination attempt and the left immediately blaming the right for it via vitriol speech.  Juvenile?  Maybe, but I'm pretty sure the R&D's sat next to each other during the State of the Union speech thing.  Nah, the Oberlord wants to be reelected and he'll say anything to appear palatable again.  He's an idealist and his views haven't changed just because of the mid term elections.  You're right it is a no win for him.  I hope.  That guy has fucked up the US more than OBL could ever hope to...

Actually, America needs to grow the fuck up and stop watching soap operas and start paying attention to shit like this.  You'll find no argument from me that the media needs to be more responsible in their sensationalizing of items for shock value.  But at the same time, what would you expect as one can't focus all their attention to current world events and how it effects the US on a national stage.  That's the SOS's job.  And to be honest she sucks at it.  Reset buttons misspelled in Russian for all!
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Mekstizzle wrote:

Well I hope all the Americans that wish to do so go there and fight them in this battle
FOAD.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England

JohnG@lt wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Well I hope all the Americans that wish to do so go there and fight them in this battle
FOAD.
You guys (well, some) are the one's that didn't want this happening. There was only one way you were gonna stop it. Shit. Don't get mad at me when I say it as it is. The US has a monopoly on violence with countries like this. So it could do it. Not that it wouldn't hurt massively. But if people hold views like Brinson about the hegemony and keeping dictators in power, and the people down. For the sake of the nation. Then they should be able to put that sort of talk into action.

I'm all eyes and ears for a country trying to build an empire, they can try. I'd like to see how well it would go.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2011-02-11 13:56:36)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Behind the rest? Who was leading the charge, and what was that message? Actually it would seem the primary message was the same in both revolts from Obama. A rather boring keep it peaceful position. Name me a politician that isn't a self promoting narcascist. Please. That goes for any so called talking head as well. I never understood how so many people can be so eagerly trusting of political commentators whilst maintaining that the government is out to get them. Talking heads openly and absolutley maintain their opinions for personal gain.

After seeing the president talk about moving to a more fiscally responsible budget and then seeing him berated for doing so by the typical right wing pundints, I really don't give a crap about what they say. They prefer to, in their mind, rub his nose in it .. instead of embracing the policy. Save the clap trap. I have heard the whole "but he was spending a lot early on" mantra. Their positioning is so predictable and juvenile. So tell me, what is the point of paying any mind to those people? If his every move has been completely decided upon prior to making it, even when those moves are agreeable, what's the point? It is obviosly no win.

The same goes for foreign policy. Americans need to grow the fuck up and stop treating real world life and death geopolitical situations like a daytime soap opera. Oh yea, we're real concerned about Egypt so long as it temporarily helps us maintain the entertainment value of the current news cycle. Pretty soon the cheese is going to slide off the cracker and we will stop caring enough to even mention it.
Behind the rest of the world.  It would appear that his intel on this sucked ass.  Hildo says one thing bamster says another.  Christ man, Biden's over there claiming Mubby isn't a dictator.  The Bamster's position was to support the puppet regime in Iran, not those in the street crying for freedom and real revolution.  Glad you brought up Georgia.  They plead to the US and to Bamster for help after agreeing to certain concessions (bases installed there) and he basically told them to fuck off.  In the Russian tanks rolled. 

You really believe that the bamster wants to be fiscally responsible?  Come on man.  Freezing spending levels that are all ready unsustainable is not being fiscally responsible -after he's the dipshit that singed off on the massive spending.  Hard to pull back from that simple fact as predictable as you find it.  Fuck man, the guy ran around telling R's "don't tell us how to hold the mop" and "you can sit in the back" and locks em out of meetings.  I think that R's that vote in the chambers have been working with him more so than pelosi killing Newts rules and jamming a crappy agenda down the throats of the American people.  Not to mention the assassination attempt and the left immediately blaming the right for it via vitriol speech.  Juvenile?  Maybe, but I'm pretty sure the R&D's sat next to each other during the State of the Union speech thing.  Nah, the Oberlord wants to be reelected and he'll say anything to appear palatable again.  He's an idealist and his views haven't changed just because of the mid term elections.  You're right it is a no win for him.  I hope.  That guy has fucked up the US more than OBL could ever hope to...

Actually, America needs to grow the fuck up and stop watching soap operas and start paying attention to shit like this.  You'll find no argument from me that the media needs to be more responsible in their sensationalizing of items for shock value.  But at the same time, what would you expect as one can't focus all their attention to current world events and how it effects the US on a national stage.  That's the SOS's job.  And to be honest she sucks at it.  Reset buttons misspelled in Russian for all!
Who exactly was clamoring over the Egypt situation during the last few years? Obama and the majority of other Western leaders have been focusing on their local economic problems. What was is Hillary saying exactly? .. and Biden? Please, does anyone at all take that man seriously? The VP is largely insignificant beyond pulling political gaffes. I think you missed my point in bringing up Georgia. That, or you just ignored it in order to take another shot at Obama, which tbh, I really don't care about.. The point was we only pretend to care when it serves our preconcieved notion of the world.

Acknowledging spending has to be cut will help to hold him accountable (queue the 2012 political ads). That is at least some progress. However, when someone spits on it, it calls into question their own motives. You're falling into the trap of lining up your retort to me as R's vs D's. Your response is just reiterating my point. Don't feel obligated to remind me of what some of the libs did in attempting to politically align a psychopath. Yes the assassination attempt response was juvenile by the left. I said that from the get go, repeatedly. Yes, an elected president gaffing "The repubs can come along with us, they just have to sit in the back of the bus" is stupid (Sean Hannity opens his show with it everyday). I could go on and on in reply about how Reagan was a deficit spender, how bush kept the iraq war off of the books .. but there is no sense in it beyond trying to one up someone.

Yes, I'd say we need to watch more shit like this if we were capable of handling it in a way that doesn't split our nation in two. Unfortunately you have to at some point realize that much of our Country just doesn't want to agree with each other, under any circumstance. We use these events to serve ourselves by trying to bury the political competition. I expect us to give an opinion on what really matters to us.. not to feel compelled to give everyone our opinion every time a molotov cocktail is thrown. It's pretentious and it is arrogant.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Mekstizzle wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

FOAD.
You guys (well, some) are the one's that didn't want this happening. There was only one way you were gonna stop it. Shit. Don't get mad at me when I say it as it is. The US has a monopoly on violence with countries like this. So it could do it. Not that it wouldn't hurt massively. But if people hold views like Brinson about the hegemony and keeping dictators in power, and the people down. For the sake of the nation. Then they should be able to put that sort of talk into action.

I'm all eyes and ears for a country trying to build an empire, they can try. I'd like to see how well it would go.
A monopoly eh? Who went in and drew the borders in the first place? Fucking British colonialism forcing hated groups to try and live in harmony. Please, as if the hands of the crown are clean.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

are they going to put everyones name in a hat a draw a name for next prezy
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England

Kmar wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

FOAD.

A monopoly eh? Who went in and drew the borders in the first place? Fucking British colonialism forcing hated groups to try and live in harmony. Please, as if the hands of the crown are clean.
Yeah, I'm talking about right now, where the US has a monopoly of violence (and probably economy) on the entire region and could reinstall a friendly dictator if it really wanted to. Like alot of people on here want. Brinson has already said it pretty unapologetically that he'd take that. All I was saying was, go on then.

British colonialism created the US too. But it's largely irrelevant in the discussion taking place, I don't really get your point?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Mekstizzle wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Yeah, I'm talking about right now, where the US has a monopoly of violence (and probably economy) on the entire region and could reinstall a friendly dictator if it really wanted to. Like alot of people on here want. Brinson has already said it pretty unapologetically that he'd take that. All I was saying was, go on then.

British colonialism created the US too. But it's largely irrelevant in the discussion taking place, I don't really get your point?
My point was failed European colonialism during the 19th and beginning of the 20th century still, to this day, has an impact on what is going on in the ME.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

SEREMAKER wrote:

are they going to put everyones name in a hat a draw a name for next prezy
They should start with a multiparty system that allows for a primary that lets states choose if said primary is open or closed leading up to a run off election that nominates a representative to vote in an electoral college that determi...... You know what, fuck it. draw straws.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6001|Vortex Ring State

Kmar wrote:

exactly why we didn't give 2 fucks about flooding in pakistan... we hear about pakistan too much in the news, loses novelty.

However, haiti? that's semi new...

Only thing is the media is the only place you can get info on this shit, other than individual relations in the area.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Mekstizzle wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

FOAD.

Christ, you have to be trolling. You can't possibly be this stupid.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

I think the Army will hold power for a month while candidates put themselves forward.

You're likely to see public servants and a handful of the political prisoners run. I don't know how many ex-parliment officials will run as they may or may not be associated with Mubarak.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

AussieReaper wrote:

I think the Army will hold power for a month while candidates put themselves forward.

You're likely to see public servants and a handful of the political prisoners run. I don't know how many ex-parliment officials will run as they may or may not be associated with Mubarak.
That'd be great, but I don't think that's very likely.  I think we'll see more candidates from the establishment.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Well, i'd throw my hat into the ring but the muslim brotherhood denied my application. Again.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13rin
+977|6481

Kmar wrote:

Who exactly was clamoring over the Egypt situation during the last few years? Obama and the majority of other Western leaders have been focusing on their local economic problems. What was is Hillary saying exactly? .. and Biden? Please, does anyone at all take that man seriously? The VP is largely insignificant beyond pulling political gaffes. I think you missed my point in bringing up Georgia. That, or you just ignored it in order to take another shot at Obama, which tbh, I really don't care about.. The point was we only pretend to care when it serves our preconcieved notion of the world.

Acknowledging spending has to be cut will help to hold him accountable (queue the 2012 political ads). That is at least some progress. However, when someone spits on it, it calls into question their own motives. You're falling into the trap of lining up your retort to me as R's vs D's. Your response is just reiterating my point. Don't feel obligated to remind me of what some of the libs did in attempting to politically align a psychopath. Yes the assassination attempt response was juvenile by the left. I said that from the get go, repeatedly. Yes, an elected president gaffing "The repubs can come along with us, they just have to sit in the back of the bus" is stupid (Sean Hannity opens his show with it everyday). I could go on and on in reply about how Reagan was a deficit spender, how bush kept the iraq war off of the books .. but there is no sense in it beyond trying to one up someone.

Yes, I'd say we need to watch more shit like this if we were capable of handling it in a way that doesn't split our nation in two. Unfortunately you have to at some point realize that much of our Country just doesn't want to agree with each other, under any circumstance. We use these events to serve ourselves by trying to bury the political competition. I expect us to give an opinion on what really matters to us.. not to feel compelled to give everyone our opinion every time a molotov cocktail is thrown. It's pretentious and it is arrogant.
Egypt situation wasn't exactly new.  The bamster had a heads up on this.
http://abcnews.go.com/News/egypt-unrest … d=12835550

I don't buy your "we only pretend to care" argument when the us responds to catastrophic events like the one Hatii just went through.

You are off still on the spending cuts.  He's not proposing to cut spending, he just wants to freeze them at levels where they currently are.  I reiterated the lack of 'civility' displayed by D's (I left the Bush years out) as you said it seems that the man wants to work with... No the man wants you to roll over -that's his idea of meeting in the middle.  Sorry Kman, but even with Regeans spending, you can't compare it to the bamsters.  Especially when you're talking about a recovery.
http://www.heritage.org/multimedia/info … recoveries

Sorry, but more than one molotov cocktail was tossed this time.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Kmar wrote:

Well, i'd throw my hat into the ring but the muslim brotherhood denied my application. Again.
So try a different party and stop blubbing about the MB.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Im bubbling on about the mb? I think you are confused, or perhaps overly defensive dill.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5475|Ventura, California
I want to be president of Egypt. I'd make another pyramid

I wonder how messed up there next government is going to be. My guess is they'll take a while to get the right people in the right places.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD
So who exactly gets control now? Is Suleiman in charge? Are they gonna hold special elections? I guess it's good that asshat is no longer in power but now there seems to be a vacuum.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
It might've been on here, or elsewhere, but I recall someone saying to me that "the reason the Tunisian uprising worked is because they marched on the presidential palace. In Egypt they haven't so Mubarak is holding on".

Well, they did, and look what happened. ITSTL.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Egypt situation wasn't exactly new.  The bamster had a heads up on this.
http://abcnews.go.com/News/egypt-unrest … d=12835550

I don't buy your "we only pretend to care" argument when the us responds to catastrophic events like the one Hatii just went through.

You are off still on the spending cuts.  He's not proposing to cut spending, he just wants to freeze them at levels where they currently are.  I reiterated the lack of 'civility' displayed by D's (I left the Bush years out) as you said it seems that the man wants to work with... No the man wants you to roll over -that's his idea of meeting in the middle.  Sorry Kman, but even with Regeans spending, you can't compare it to the bamsters.  Especially when you're talking about a recovery.
http://www.heritage.org/multimedia/info … recoveries

Sorry, but more than one molotov cocktail was tossed this time.
I still don't think you are getting it. You made the literal assessment that I am making a direct comparison to Reagan and Obama. I'm distraught with the absolute politicization of everything. If you want to honker down and start a topic on Reagan I'll go there. But the point would simply be that i can talk in circles as good as anyone else.. It's not because I'm incapable of throwing political jabs, I assure you I can. In truth those historical comparisons serve no real purpose within the relevant discussion. Harping on Reagan in the context of the Obama admin would only continue to illustrate my point of always having a necessary retort. I'm trying to get you to step out of the box .. not to close the lid on it.

Haiti, well, we're not comparing apples to apples now. Haiti was the result of a natural disaster, not political turmoil. It's virtually impossible to argue against helping people in a situation that pulls at our humanity strings. Don't mistake generosity for the passion of a political cult.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard