AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

what about it?
The British virtually shrugged off the Argentinians. Do you need a history lesson in everything?
obviously this was well before your time and " you need a history lesson "
Yawn.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its a normal rule of warfare, and in the Geneva convention IIRC, that killing civilian unnecessarily or disproportionately to the military objective is a war crime.
Unless your religion tells you to kill civilians.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

I can't remember, did Britain carpet-bomb Ireland, or the IRA financiers in Boston?

Did the US carpet bomb Riyadh after 9/11?

Did the UK carpet bomb Argentina over the Falklands?

Its a normal rule of warfare, and in the Geneva convention IIRC, that killing civilian unnecessarily or disproportionately to the military objective is a war crime.
Dilbert, get in context of the discussion please. ( deflect)

we are talking about fixed positions. and the fact that Hamas fortifies those positions with human sacrifices in order to rack up Israel civilian death toll for their political gain.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Or that it is your birthright to outright own anothers country.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

AussieReaper wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

The British virtually shrugged off the Argentinians. Do you need a history lesson in everything?
obviously this was well before your time and " you need a history lesson "
Yawn.
that is some argument, perhaps it is time to withdraw.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Kmar wrote:

Just some relevant information.
  • As many as 300 people have been killed in the unrest, according to the United Nations.
  • Vice President Omar Suleiman, who met with some opposition leaders Sunday, promised to issue within a month a draft list of changes needed to hold free elections.
  • Most opposition groups -- including the largest, the Muslim Brotherhood -- are still calling for Mubarak's immediate departure.
  • Protesters remain in central Cairo, but there was none of the violence that erupted last week.
  • An announcement that a detained Google executive, who was one of the most prominent youth organizers, would be released.
  • The government pledged to ease emergency laws when "conditions allow," free political prisoners and end news media restraints.
  • In his speech on Feb. 1, Mubarak said that he did not intend to run for another term and that he would work in the last months of his term to ensure a smooth transfer of power.
  • Resignation by Mubarak, under Egypt's constitution, would start a 60-day timetable for elections, providing little time to prepare for a credible vote after three decades of one-party rule.
Should be interesting to see how this plays out, not least since we have little idea of the real politics of the people after 30 years of dictatorship.
60 days is barely enough to set up a rag-bag political party.

Is there any chance of Egypt fragmenting?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

AussieReaper wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Or that it is your birthright to outright own anothers country.
Don't look at me, I didn't put em there, and a lot of em lived there already... oh wait " Yawn " ( rapier wit, No ? )
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Falkland Islands.
what about it?
Did the British shrug off the Argentineans that were shooting at them? Again lets get back into the context of what we are talking about please.

No one ignores positions they are being attacked from. However, not everyone uses women and children to hide behind as they launch attacks from those positions.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Not everyone invades other peoples countries and expects to get away with it.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA
HEY DILBERT!! you gunna link me to where Israel targets women and children with white phosphorus as part of their military strategy or what? Lets say I looked in my history books and I couldn't find it, I am asking you for help now link me to your information so I can learn
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

lowing wrote:

HEY DILBERT!! you gunna link me to where Israel targets women and children with white phosphorus as part of their military strategy or what? Lets say I looked in my history books and I couldn't find it, I am asking you for help now link me to your information so I can learn
It was I who mentioned it, not Dilbert. Perhaps you could try a google search yourself?

The main UN compound in Gaza was left in flames today after being struck by Israeli artillery fire, and a spokesman said that the building had been hit by shells containing the incendiary agent white phosphorus.

The attack on the headquarters of the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) came as Ban Ki Moon, the UN Secretary-General, arrived in Israel on a peace mission and plunged Israel's relations with the world body to a new low.

Mr Ban expressed his "strong protest and outrage" at the shelling and demanded an investigation, only to be told by apologetic Israeli leaders that their forces had been returning fire from within the UN compound.

"The Israeli forces were attacked from there and their response was severe," Ehud Olmert, the Prime Minister, told the UN chief, according to a statement released by his office.

"We do not want such incidents to take place and I am sorry for it but I don’t know if you know, but Hamas fired from the UNRWA site. This is a sad incident and I apologise for it."
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w … 521925.ece

"The Israeli forces were attacked from there and their response was severe"

Was the excuse given when the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) was shelled with WP...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

https://nawaat.org/portail/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/israel_t-shirt.jpg

Go look up how many Palestinian women and children have been shot by snipers.

Anyway, back to Egypt.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

It was I who mentioned it, not Dilbert. Perhaps you could try a google search yourself?

The main UN compound in Gaza was left in flames today after being struck by Israeli artillery fire, and a spokesman said that the building had been hit by shells containing the incendiary agent white phosphorus.

The attack on the headquarters of the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) came as Ban Ki Moon, the UN Secretary-General, arrived in Israel on a peace mission and plunged Israel's relations with the world body to a new low.

Mr Ban expressed his "strong protest and outrage" at the shelling and demanded an investigation, only to be told by apologetic Israeli leaders that their forces had been returning fire from within the UN compound.

"The Israeli forces were attacked from there and their response was severe," Ehud Olmert, the Prime Minister, told the UN chief, according to a statement released by his office.

"We do not want such incidents to take place and I am sorry for it but I don’t know if you know, but Hamas fired from the UNRWA site. This is a sad incident and I apologise for it."

Was the excuse given when the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) was shelled with WP...
ok was it proven they were not attacked from there? and where do the women and children fit in?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

http://nawaat.org/portail/wp-content/up … -shirt.jpg

Go look up how many Palestinian women and children have been shot by snipers.

Anyway, back to Egypt.
You said the IDF sets out as part of their war strategy to kill women and children, are you going to link me to that or not?

Last edited by lowing (2011-02-10 04:25:35)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

ok was it proven they were not attacked from there
Nice burden of proof. Its doesn't work that way, sorry.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

ok was it proven they were not attacked from there
Nice burden of proof. Its doesn't work that way, sorry.
huh? was it determined that the were attacked from there, or was it shown to be lie?

this ain't a court of law dilbert, it is a discussion

Last edited by lowing (2011-02-10 04:26:13)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

ok was it proven they were not attacked from there? and where do the women and children fit in?
Oh I'm sorry, clearly you didn't read what was posted in the link...

UNWRA, which looks after around four million Palestinian refugees in the region, suspended its operations in Gaza after the attack, in which three of its employees were injured.

Chris Gunness, a UNRWA spokesman, said that the building had been used to shelter hundreds of people fleeing Israel’s 20-day offensive in Gaza. He said that pallets with supplies desperately needed by Palestinians in Gaza were on fire.

"What more stark symbolism do you need?" he said. "You can’t put out white phosphorus with traditional methods such as fire extinguishers. You need sand, we don’t have sand."

The Israeli military has denied using white phosphorus shells in the Gaza offensive, although an investigation by The Times has revealed that dozens of Palestinians in Gaza have sustained serious injuries from the substance, which burns at extremely high temperatures.

The Geneva Convention of 1980 proscribes the use of white phosphorus as a weapon of war in civilian areas, although it can be used to create a smokescreen. The Israel Defence Forces (IDF) said today that all weapons used in Gaza were "within the scope of international law".
I'll let you try and prove Israel were attacked from a UN compound. I think I can hazard a guess that they were not...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Oh I'm sorry, clearly you didn't read what was posted in the link...

UNWRA, which looks after around four million Palestinian refugees in the region, suspended its operations in Gaza after the attack, in which three of its employees were injured.

Chris Gunness, a UNRWA spokesman, said that the building had been used to shelter hundreds of people fleeing Israel’s 20-day offensive in Gaza. He said that pallets with supplies desperately needed by Palestinians in Gaza were on fire.

"What more stark symbolism do you need?" he said. "You can’t put out white phosphorus with traditional methods such as fire extinguishers. You need sand, we don’t have sand."

The Israeli military has denied using white phosphorus shells in the Gaza offensive, although an investigation by The Times has revealed that dozens of Palestinians in Gaza have sustained serious injuries from the substance, which burns at extremely high temperatures.

The Geneva Convention of 1980 proscribes the use of white phosphorus as a weapon of war in civilian areas, although it can be used to create a smokescreen. The Israel Defence Forces (IDF) said today that all weapons used in Gaza were "within the scope of international law".
I'll let you try and prove Israel were attacked from a UN compound. I think I can hazard a guess that they were not...
all I got was 3 employees injured and that it was used as a shelter. Didn't read where women and children was killed, and lets face it, in this war, launching attacks from "protected" areas is not a rare occasion.

I don't need to prove anything, I didn't bring it up. If there is proof one way or the other give it to me. As it is, neither one of us knows shit about it
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

I know that the use of White Phosphorus in a civilian area is a war crime.

I know that Israel fired on a UN aid station that was sheltering civilians.

What do you know?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

huh? was it determined that the were attacked from there, or was it shown to be lie?
It was shown to be a lie.
"In briefings senior [Israel Defense Forces] officers conducted for foreign diplomats, they admitted the shelling to which IDF forces in Jabalya were responding did not originate from the school," Gunness said. "The IDF admitted in that briefing that the attack on the UN site was unintentional."
http://www.haaretz.com/news/un-idf-offi … d-1.267770

The IDF initially claimed it was responding to an attack by Hamas gunman hiding in the compound, but upon reexamination, said that an "errant shell had hit the school."
http://fr.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?c … e/ShowFull

Can we accept Haaretz and the Jerusalem Post aren't run by islamic extremists hell bent on destroying Israel through lies and misinformation?

43 people were killed according to the UN.

Maybe you should check your facts first, wait, you never have.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-02-10 04:38:45)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

I know that the use of White Phosphorus in a civilian area is a war crime.

I know that Israel fired on a UN aid station that was sheltering civilians.

What do you know?
I know the Israeli's said they were attacked from there.
I know, such accounts of attacks from non military installations have been widely reported in the past. (changing them to military targets by the way)

I know now, Hamas also launched WP  http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=188206 (so lets see some condemnation)

I know the use of WP does not break any war agreements when used against military targets, and IF the IDF was fired upon from that building it then becomes a military target, in anyone's book. Even in Argentinas's
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

lowing wrote:

However:

Dilbert wrote:

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

And now you know they lied.

Anywhere they bomb they'll tell you they were being attacked from there.

Anyone they shoot they'll tell you was a terrorist.

They lie, sometimes they get caught out.

I've come to the conclusion the British should have napalmed Dublin, and Boston. We were being attacked from there.
13rin
+977|6481

Dilbert_X wrote:

Not everyone invades other peoples countries and expects to get away with it.
Since when?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

"In briefings senior [Israel Defense Forces] officers conducted for foreign diplomats, they admitted the shelling to which IDF forces in Jabalya were responding did not originate from the school," Gunness said. "The IDF admitted in that briefing that the attack on the UN site was unintentional."
http://www.haaretz.com/news/un-idf-offi … d-1.267770

The IDF initially claimed it was responding to an attack by Hamas gunman hiding in the compound, but upon reexamination, said that an "errant shell had hit the school."
http://fr.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?c … e/ShowFull

Can we accept Haaretz and the Jerusalem Post aren't run by islamic extremists hell bent on destroying Israel through lies and misinformation?

43 people were killed according to the UN.

Maybe you should check your facts first, wait, you never have.
so it was unintentional? well what more do you want?

I never claimed no one was killed in the UN building, I said I read where 3 people were injured and that it shelter civilians. IF 43 people were killed in that building, it wasn't part of the article submitted.

So since we were talking about an attack on that UN BUILDING...WAS 43 people killed inside of it or not?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard