Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6163|New Austin, Not
Its been 2 years since the KZ2 one so I decided for old times sake I might as well make this one too.

Campaign Beware of Spoilers

Visari is gone, but the war is far from over.
Helghast forces have mounted a devastating counter-attack, prompting the ISA evacuation of planet Helghan. As new Helghast battalions appear, armed with more powerful weapons, ISA forces find themselves outmanned, outgunned and surrounded.

SPLITSCREEN CO-OP
Join forces with a friend in local co-op and take on massive boss enemies as you fight your way through the Helghast army.

FULL 3D COMPATIBILITY
Full 3D compatibility takes immersion to new heights, delivering a "boots-on-the-ground" experience like no other.

PLAYSTATION MOVE READY
Experience “hands-on” combat action, battling the Helghast using the PlayStation®Move motion controller the PlayStation®Move Sharp Shooter.

Multiplayer
Currently in Open Beta (thats down more often than not) but still great fun. Controls are tighter after the complaints from KZ2 ( I honestly had no problem with them ). Warzone is back along with a new mode called operations. It's essentially an MP match based on attack and defend (sorta like BFBC2 rush mode) with a narrative and cutscenes.

Classes
Engineer-Build Turrets and repair shit. Weapons consist of LMGs an SMG, and a Shotgun Pistol
Tactician-Spot and mark enemies, call in sentry drones and capture tactical spawn points (TSPs). Assault rifles are your best friend.
Infiltrator-Sneak behind enemy lines, slice throats and plant bombs on objective points. SMGs and holo-cloaks come standard.
Medic-Save people's asses with the revive gun. Armed with SMGs, and a medi-drone.
Marksman-Sniper with and invisibility cloak. Miss a shot? Start running. Loadout includes a Sniper rifle and a supressed machine pistol.

8 MAPS

MP01 - CORINTH HIGHWAY

Key Features:
Warzone (24 players)
Exos
WASPS
Mortar Beacons

Description:
Once the home of Scolar Visari himself, this upscale district on the banks of the Corinth River is now the site of intense fighting between the Helghast and the ISA. Though largely untouched by the nuclear blast that destroyed much of Pyrrhus city, the partially collapsed highway stands as testament to the intense fighting that has ravaged the area in recent months. W.AS.P. launcher emplacements and capturable Mortar Beacons will help even the odds against the exoskeletons that dominate the highway.

MP02 - PYRRHUS CRATER

Key Features:
Warzone (24 Players)
Guerrilla Warfare (16 Players)
Miniguns
Mortar Beacons

Description:
In the ruins of Pyrrhus, nuclear Petrusite flows from the blast crater, twisting itself around the mangled remains of this once bustling city. The ISA have established research stations to analyze the Petrusite, and the Helghast have already started to harvest the Petrusite in order to weaponize it.

MP03 - BILGARSK BOULEVARD

Key Features:
Warzone (24 Players)
Miniguns
Mortar Beacons

Description:
After weeks of fighting, ISA and Helghast forces are deadlocked. Recent flooding has forced both sides to take shelter in buildings bordering a major thoroughfare. Pitched battles roll through the tight alleyways and building interiors daily but the long sightlines make crossing the road a dangerous proposition. Who will break the stalemate?

MP04 - TURBINE CONCOURSE SE-6

Key Features:
Warzone (24 Players)
Jetpacks
Miniguns

Description:
In a last, desperate attempt to escape Helghan, the ISA have launched an assault on the ‘Tharsis’ space elevator. Jetpacks and Minigun emplacements will give an upper hand to anyone that can secure them. Recent fighting has damaged the turbine powering the elevator, causing a malfunction that produces intermittent EMP discharges. A nearby blast crater serves as a valuable source of nuclear Petrusite but the Helghast will not hesitate to sabotage if it means stopping the ISA.

MP05 - FROZEN DAM

Key Features:
Warzone (24 Players)
Operations (16 Players)
Mortar Beacons

Description:
Abandoned for years, the dam facility in the frozen south has recently been occupied by the Helghast who are using it as a forward operating base to co-ordinate their presence in the region. Controlling Mortar Beacons and the numerous Tactical Spawn Areas is key to securing this sprawling facility.

Operations:
After having identified this frozen dam as the Helghast base of operations, the ISA have been instructed to secure the docks and then destroy the dam. Sweep through the shorefront facility and bring the dam crumbling to its knees!

As Helghast it’s your job to safeguard the dam facility. The ISA force is on their way here to destroy the dam. Make sure they fail!

MP06 - AKMIR SNOWDRIFT

Key Features:
Warzone (24 Players)
Operations (16 Players)
Snowstorm

Description:
Helghan is a planet of extremes and nowhere is that more evident than here, in the frozen wastes. Violent snowstorms are common in the area, which has recently become a flashpoint of fighting between Helghast and ISA forces vying for control of the mining and radar operations in the area.

Operations:
Even in these inhospitable conditions, Helghast and ISA forces fight for control of a tanker loaded with valuable cargo. As Helghast, it’s your job to ensure that the ISA do not gain access to and steal the cargo ship. As ISA the objective is simple. Secure the cargo, at all costs.

MP07 - MAWLR GRAVEYARD

Key Features:
Warzone (24 Players)
Operations (16 Players)
Mortar Beacons
Crusher

Description:
One of the few remaining active scrap yards in the region, the Sukmere Pit is a vital processing facility. An intricate conveyor system runs throughout the yard, transferring detritus from the southern-most pit to the train station and crusher in the north of the facility. Many a careless worker has died trying to cross the yard when the crusher is active.

Operations:
The ISA are attempting to use the facility’s conveyor system to transport a power core to the abandoned MAWLR in the north of the Sukmere Pit. If they succeed they can restore power to the MAWLR and give the Helghast a little taste of their own medicine.

MP08 - KAZNAN JUNGLE

Key Features:

Description:
Amidst the wreckage of a downed ISA Cruiser, the survivors of the failed evacuation of Helghan fight for their lives against a Helghast enemy bent on their annihilation but they are not the only predators in the area; the jungle, the plants and insects that call it home are friend to no-one.

Review

[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-killzone-3/710136?type=flv[/video]

And go.

Last edited by Rohirm (2011-02-09 23:52:36)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

PC?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

PS3.

I played a little of the beta. It was alright. Usually wound up on a retardedly stacked team though. So then I just ran around as engineer trying to repair whatever I could and hide from the constant onslaught of enemies.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
I never fully got the hang of Killzones clumsy movement/aiming/handling. That and the weapons were all weak as shit. The SP in Killzone 2 was good, nothing too spectacular though. The four soldiers were all highly unlikeable and I did not give a shit when one of them died in the story. Helghast were cooler, seemed much less like douchebags.

Then again, in every game, film and probably real life. Anything based around the US military comes across as a bunch of massive egotistical douches. Except in BF2/BC2.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6452|UK
I played some killzone2 it is pretty damn amazing in terms of graphics the weapons do feel damn weak I just like the pistol though. I only played on Killzone 2 for a bit I managed to get the hang of the controls after awhile.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

oh so now they're adding splitscreen?

Killzone 2 was fucking terrible, but it would have at least been a little fun with splitscreen.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Mekstizzle wrote:

The four soldiers were all highly unlikeable and I did not give a shit when one of them died in the story.
That's all I needed to know.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6557|Area 51
So uhm. In KZ2 I raped serious Hellghast butt and now all of the sudden they have super advanced weaponry and have the ISA on the run. Lamez.

Can't wait to play it nonetheless

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard