TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5709|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Anybody have one? Gripes/comments/anything to share?

I'm getting tired of having everything in black+white, and inkjets are crap from their speed to their cost, so I'm considering getting a colour laser.

I've seen the machines for <$300, and cartridges are about the same $60 each. I know I'd have to buy 4x as many of the cartridges, but I don't mind that cost and figure I won't print in colour nearly as often as B+W.

I also tried to look at tabloid(11x17) capable machines but those seem to get into the $1000 range. (Probably not the greatest choice for photo printing, but I figure it couldn't look too bad, and at 11x17 you wouldn't be able to see the imperfections too much....)

I figure this could be used as a discussion thread....
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

what you gonna print?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4960|Dundee, Scotland.
colour lasers

Last edited by Camm (2011-02-08 21:13:35)

for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
TheDonkey

AussieReaper wrote:

what you gonna print?
Google maps. D:

Possibly photos, I'll eventually get around to doing research as to whether lasers are any good for photo printing. (They see, fine for printing event posters which I do a lot, graphic designer for student council, but still)
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

meh, still cheaper to send work to be printed at a facility like but not Kinkos
TheDonkey

jsnipy wrote:

meh, still cheaper to send work to be printed at a facility like but not Kinkos
Well for school projects and whatnot I do go to a local shop, since we go to the same place for out $200 orders for posters/tickets, he gives me a pretty good discount on individual pages,

But I figured it's be nice to have the convenience of it, I wouldn't go to a shop to get a Google map printed out.
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

google maps on ur phone?

edit: i'll stop being unhelpful and negative
TheDonkey

jsnipy wrote:

google maps on ur phone?

edit: i'll stop being unhelpful and negative
iPod, but urrite.

I know it's not really truly worth the money when it comes down to it, but I'd still like to dream.
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6590|Cheshire. UK
TheDonkey

joker3327 wrote:

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=samsung+315w&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&cid=7844260176701538810&os=tech-specs

Excellent colour laser printer
The specs on that one look really awesome, and I've never had a problem with a Samsung printer.

I'll deffos look back into it when I'm legit shopping for a printer.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6489

i have a dell 3010cn (the "c" is color, the "n" is network.) it was a bitch getting toner for it at first, but now staples carries them.

if you get a color laser, make damn sure you plug it into the wall, and not a power strip/ups or surge protector.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6619|UK

burnzz wrote:

if you get a color laser, make damn sure you plug it into the wall, and not a power strip/ups or surge protector.
Why?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6489

when they fire up the fuser, it will need a full draw. i took my server offline when i first plugged it in to the ups, and went to print. it popped the circuit breaker, and i've not had an issue since i plugged it into the wall directly.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard