Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6657

Mekstizzle wrote:

Seriously, there's hardly any information on this game. Almost nil. And some weird teaser trailer. Without knowing the release date in my head, judging by what I know so far about BF3 is that it's a few years till they release it.
the ad said this fall.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6291|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Mekstizzle wrote:

Karkand would be hilarious with Frostbite. One thing BC1/2 didn't have enough of was towns like that. They had a few towns which were awesome with the destruction, as the place would be levelled after a long game and look like a real shithole. I can only imagine Karkand would be 10 times worse
Ever played Cold War BC2?
Worst fucking map ever...

That's why we don't need city maps like Karkand...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6329|Graz, Austria
Dice should have never removed the claymore mines.
That redirected all the hate from the mine to the whole sniper/recon class.

If you now remove long range sniper rifles, what would become the next target for the hate?
Ghillie suits?

Last edited by globefish23 (2011-02-08 16:06:57)

menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6451|Amsterdam‫

AussieReaper wrote:

Hmmm, Floppy

https://www.mayo.edu/msgme/images/physician-scientist.jpg

https://sharp.sefora.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/scientist.jpg

https://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9135/u2ttm.jpg

https://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/newphotoservice/newphotoservice0809/newphotoservice080900308/3639360-young-scientist-thinking-near-a-microscope.jpg

You're full of shit.
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6673

FloppY_ wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Karkand would be hilarious with Frostbite. One thing BC1/2 didn't have enough of was towns like that. They had a few towns which were awesome with the destruction, as the place would be levelled after a long game and look like a real shithole. I can only imagine Karkand would be 10 times worse

Cold War just has a bad layout.  Last parts of Oasis and Harvest can be epic infantry carnage though.
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6695|England, GBR
Anyone with a twitter account here? Can you spam them asking if we get grappling hooks and zip lines? They were SOOOOOO underrated. All the good Special Forces things need to be in BF3!

People forget about Special Forces
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6657

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

Anyone with a twitter account here? Can you spam them asking if we get grappling hooks and zip lines? They were SOOOOOO underrated. All the good Special Forces things need to be in BF3!

Jetski's!

I got a soft spot for Lone Wolf Spec Ops missions.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6317

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

I believe one of the ones HaiBai already posted said they weren't planning on it.
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6695|England, GBR
I'm gonna have to reinstall BF2 with Euro Forces and SF. Just for the love.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5794|Catherine Black

Haibai wrote:

Marler123
Any chance of grapple hook and zipwires in #BF3

Demize99
No plans for grapple hook or zipwires no.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6329|Graz, Austria

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

Don't forget Armored Fury!
The truck and the hot rod were even more underrated than ziplines, grappling hooks and jetskis.

Only thing that would beat all those would be the civilian cars in SF.
thepilot91
+64|6242|Åland!

FloppY_ wrote:

cold war is a small village in the middle of nowhere ...the closest "townlike" map is arica harbor CTF mode.

And if it wouldnt be all the tiny little things I really dislike with bc2 that would probably be the karkand 2.0 for me
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6695|England, GBR

globefish23 wrote:

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

The truck and the hot rod were even more underrated than ziplines, grappling hooks and jetskis.

I'm not a big armour whore. So didn't buy that (the name put me totally off and that massive map they did for normal) - Likewise, not a big fan of that new BC2 huge one (heavy metal?)

Meh, I always maintained they should of clubbed everything (vanilla + SF + EF + AF) together and offered for £9.99 so they could easily have dragged more out of BF2.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6291|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

I'm not a big armour whore. So didn't buy that (the name put me totally off and that massive map they did for normal) - Likewise, not a big fan of that new BC2 huge one (heavy metal?)

Meh, I always maintained they should of clubbed everything (vanilla + SF + EF + AF) together and offered for £9.99 so they could easily have dragged more out of BF2.
They did, it's called complete collection... you muppet
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
thepilot91
+64|6242|Åland!

FloppY_ wrote:

Moonraker_x29 wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

They did, it's called complete collection... you muppet
3 (4 maybe? ) years after the actual bf2 release...
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6660

Not only that but they included AF and EF with a patch. Yes, it was very late in its lifespan, but it's not like they could be giving it away a year after the game came out.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6459|The Twilight Zone
what does the LE contain?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6329|Graz, Austria

.Sup wrote:

what does the LE contain?
The Limited edition of BF3?
It contains a free-of-charge "Back to Karkand" pack, with 4 classical maps, weapons and vehicles from BF2, adapted for the new Forstbite engine.
It's exclusive for some time for pre-orders only and afterwards it's released as a regular, paid expansion for everyone.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6466|UK
I really hope they don't put their retarded bloom shit in. Where you can't see shit smoky wank dust everywhere.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6329|Graz, Austria

wah1188 wrote:

I really hope they don't put their retarded bloom shit in. Where you can't see shit smoky wank dust everywhere.
I've disabled bloom in BFBC2 after playing 5 minutes in the beta and never turned it on since.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6005|Vortex Ring State

globefish23 wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

I've disabled bloom in BFBC2 after playing 5 minutes in the beta and never turned it on since.
there's still fog everywhar
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5184|Sydney
And dust... and snow... and more dust... and sometimes sand for variety.
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6132|So Cal

mtb0minime wrote:

"Legendary" maps sounds cool, but they're going to fuck it up and pick the wrong ones, as evidenced by choosing Karkand.

Daqing Oilfields is the best map ever. Sharqi and Kubra are close.
I sooooo f'n hope they include Sharqi. Damn that would be so satisfying enough to give me a virtual chub.

...If they do, I'll treat all of BF2s to free beer on April  1st.

Last edited by Graphic-J (2011-02-10 10:23:51)

https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
jord
+2,382|6684|The North, beyond the wall.
Why would they not pick the most popular maps? Nobody wants to play Shonghua, it's wank.

Karkand/Wake/Mashtuur
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6417|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

EA wrote:

Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of its time with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE's cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering enhanced visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding missions across diverse locations including Paris, Tehran and New York.

Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights.  Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.

Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain.  Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warrior's experience like no other FPS.

Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline an impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles. Other returning fan favourite features include 64 players for PC and prone.

Urban Combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.
Awwww yeaaaahhh

Freaking right I'm in.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard