Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

agreed, and I view Israel as the ones who have historically been attacked.
And after the start of WW2 it was the Germans being attacked, so that made them the victims, defending their stolen land like good peaceniks?
ummm no,  they were the aggressors Dilbert.
So how are you able to exclude the original Zionist aggression and conclude Israel is the victim here?
Its like ignoring Pearl Harbour and concluding the Japanese were peaceful victims throughout WW2.

I personally believe a return to 1967 borders is the best option for peace at this point.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-02-07 18:05:38)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5963|Places 'n such

lowing wrote:

presidentsheep wrote:

The origins of WWII go waaaaaaaaaaaay back to around 1870 if not earlier.
loved the book "Flyboys" it went back to the mid 1800's and chronicled the events that lead to WW2 with Japan. I must say, the US was no angel during its expansionism era.
Can't think of any countries off the top of my head that have gained land peacefully.

lowing wrote:

Guys let me ask this:

Lets say the borders of Israel were taken back to pre-1967. Do any of you actually believe that would bring peace to the ME? I personally do not think so. Israel has a tiger by the tail. If it lets go, it is doomed.
No way, the middle east gaza thing seems more of an idealogical thing that anything else, you can't have two groups of people who both believe their homeland is the same place and only they are entitled to it living side by side peacefully. This thing isn't going to be over until one group wipes out the other.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

Guys let me ask this:

Lets say the borders of Israel were taken back to pre-1967. Do any of you actually believe that would bring peace to the ME? I personally do not think so. Israel has a tiger by the tail. If it lets go, it is doomed.
Personally I think the Israel situation has a lot of parallels to Northern Ireland and certain colonial rebellions. I certainly don't think just going back to old borders will do a hell of a lot, not least because there are people living within the zone that would change hands that think themselves as Israeli now.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Israel isn't under any kind of serious threat. The tiger by the tail? They have a kitten by the tail.

While the US throws money at Israel and militaristic support, they aren't at risk of anything.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Israel has 200+ nukes ffs, on top of a monstrously powerful army for its size. They don't need military help ffs.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Spark wrote:

Israel has 200+ nukes ffs, on top of a monstrously powerful army for its size. They don't need military help ffs.
Well, you know who they buy their weapons from, yeah?
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

presidentsheep wrote:

I'd love to get drunk with you lowing and put the world to rights. I bet you're a funny drunk.
Anytime I'll show you Manhattan, cool places you wouldn'y find on your own. I have a condo there still. Don't use it.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

presidentsheep wrote:

Can't think of any countries off the top of my head that have gained land peacefully.
USA has the moon. we got it fair and square and peacefully. and none a you F*k'rs is allowed up there by the way....
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Spark wrote:

Iraq had a waay larger army than Israel.  I believe Iran is still in the top 10 biggest armies of the world.  Part of Arab discontent in the GWOT was the removal of Iraq as a regional powerhouse.  They were the common foil to Iran's perceived armed forces dominance in the region.  Whether or not those armies were/are effective is another argument, but Israel needs as much help as it can get in the region in that regard.
Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Spark wrote:

Iraq had a waay larger army than Israel.  I believe Iran is still in the top 10 biggest armies of the world.  Part of Arab discontent in the GWOT was the removal of Iraq as a regional powerhouse.  They were the common foil to Iran's perceived armed forces dominance in the region.  Whether or not those armies were/are effective is another argument, but Israel needs as much help as it can get in the region in that regard.
Yeah good point.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Also, last time there was a major war Israel was attacked by a number of States in the region.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA
A lot of comments but no one has specifically answered the question, if Israel were taken back to 1967 borders would they be left alone? Out of those comments it would appear that the answer would be no, they would not. So the argument about settlements and Israeli expansion isn't what this war is about, it is about Israeli existence. This is my point, if Israel relaxed or gave up, they would be destroyed and that is why I think they have a tiger by the tail. I mean look at their withdrawal from Gaza, it wasn't received as a gesture of peace or compromise, it was used as chest beating as an Israel surrender and defeat. Whatever Israel does in the eyes of the Arabs and Islamic nations, it will never be enough. Hell even the Muslim Brotherhood is telling the Egyptian people to prep for war with Israel. It is their first order of business it would appear.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its unlikely Israel will ever be left alone, any more than Nazi Germany would have been left alone if they'd retreated to their original borders and kept just a couple of concentration camps running.

1967 borders would be acceptable to the international community and the majority of arab nations and so is their best option.

Or they can continue to be asshats and may in part trigger the total radicalisation of the whole of the ME, in which case they could be left with a glassy crater the borders of which won't matter.
Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
The current situation is perfectly acceptable to the nations ie the governments.

It's the people who have the issue. A few redrawn maps won't change that.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its unlikely Israel will ever be left alone, any more than Nazi Germany would have been left alone if they'd retreated to their original borders and kept just a couple of concentration camps running.

1967 borders would be acceptable to the international community and the majority of arab nations and so is their best option.

Or they can continue to be asshats and may in part trigger the total radicalisation of the whole of the ME, in which case they could be left with a glassy crater the borders of which won't matter.
Your comparison to Israel to the Nazi Germany is ironic, if not out right backwards. Israel has historical not been the aggressors. Armies massed against Israel, surrounding it, NOT the other way around.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Your comparison to Israel to the Nazi Germany is ironic, if not out right backwards. Israel has historical not been the aggressors. Armies massed against Israel, surrounding it, NOT the other way around.
What army does Palestine have again?

You justified the last aggression by Israel due to a couple of rocket attacks.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

This isn't just about the Palestinians, we all agree that no matter what Israel does short of mass suicide, they will not be left alone and will continue to be attacked. Pretty much proving this isn't about Israeli borders or compromise, this is about the destruction of Israel.. Pardon them if they fight to prevent it.
Israel has extended olive branches, they have tried to compromise by pulling out of Gaza and the west bank....The response they got for it was rhetoric about the defeat of Israel and their surrender compounded by rocket attacks. I don't blame Israel for getting sick of it.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America

Dilbert_X wrote:

1967 borders pre or post Six Day War?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

DesertFox- wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

translation: do you mean pre or post, all of the Islamic and Arab countries that massed for an attack against Israel that got their asses kicked in less than a week and ran to the UN begging it to stop Israel before Israel over ran their capitals? god I love that
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

AussieReaper wrote:

A guerrilla army
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

You keep excluding the original invasion of Palestine and the terrorisation and expulsion of the Palestinians.

As I said already, if you exclude all the aggressive act committed by the nazis then they were the victims in WW2.
This is what you're doing for the Israelis
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

DesertFox- wrote:

Pre.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

You keep excluding the original invasion of Palestine and the terrorisation and expulsion of the Palestinians.

As I said already, if you exclude all the aggressive act committed by the nazis then they were the victims in WW2.
This is what you're doing for the Israelis
Look the international community recognizes the state of Israel. The UN set it up, they didn't "invade" and, they are not going anywhere,

Israel has tried to compromise, only to be answered by attacks. No one that is against Israel is interested in peace, they are only interested in the total destruction of Israel, and that simply is not rational or acceptable.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

The UN set it up, they didn't "invade"
Incorrect, and the arab members of the UN were not part if that recognition.

Israel has never compromised, just seized more land and expelled more people - please explain how taking the whole of Palestine - as they are doing now by 'settling' the West Bank is compromise?

As I said, maybe it is a shame there are no left wing loons to counter the Glenn Becks and their revisionist bile.
Two stupid arguments don't balance out, they just misinform everyone which would probably be worse, sadly history and facts don't work in the face of Murdoch and the Neo-Con agenda.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-02-08 17:31:28)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

The UN set it up, they didn't "invade"
Incorrect, and the arab members of the UN were not part if that recognition.

Israel has never compromised, just seized more land and expelled more people - please explain how taking the whole of Palestine - as they are doing now by 'settling' the West Bank is compromise?

As I said, maybe it is a shame there are no left wing loons to counter the Glenn Becks and their revisionist bile.
Two stupid arguments don't balance out, they just misinform everyone which would probably be worse, sadly history and facts don't work in the face of Murdoch and the Neo-Con agenda.
Well you might wanna go read up on UN resolution 181.

You speak as if Israel just wakes up in the morning, has a nice breakfast and decides to go seize land. THat isn't what happens. The land is taken out of defensive action. It is land that countless attacks have been launched into Israel. It was land where armies had massed in preparation to invade Israel.

How you can blame Israel for defending itself against attacking nations, and terrorism is something I can not understand, especially since we both agree that there are no border resolutions that will bring peace for Israel.

Not really sure how you can say giving back Gaza, the West Bank, the whole Sinai Peninsula all places used to mount attacks against Israel is not compromise, but whatever.

You are correct their are few "left wing loons", most left wing commentators have their roots set in stand up comedy. Fitting in my opinion.
and f you don't think Keith Obbermann isn't a nut job, well we will just agree to disagree.

Last edited by lowing (2011-02-09 00:07:46)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard