petethecheese
+9|6780|England
Revives are easy to get, compared to Heals.  To earn 1 heal point, you need to 'heal' a health bar equivilent of 100%.  Obviously you won't get that from one person, so you need at least 2 people to run over your madly placed heal bags.  A revive is just the one, however and most people go down before you get a chance to heal them.

Also, remember that all 'critically wounded' players on your team waiting to be revived show up nice and clear on your mini-map, whereas the the numpty needeing healing will just run around and never anywhere near you!

I think the requirements for the medal are fine - these medals need to be EARNED and there's more sense of achievment attached to receiving an award if you feel like it was hard work and hard earned.

Only 350 odd repais and heals for me to go, but rather that than get it too easily!  I was only 20 hours or so off getting Navy cross and they went and reduced the requirements!!  Sense of disappointment or what!
Wampa
+3|6605
Heal points take forever lol
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6770

Bigphillyed wrote:

<snip...> The possibilities for repairing are limited. Unless your on a map with alot of armor, your limited to someone blowing up a bridge or your commanders assets.
FYI we don't get repair pts for a bridge.

deject wrote:

I get more revives because the dumbasses don't stay alive long enough to let me heal them.  By the time I get to them they're dead.
Amen to that.  I can imagine one day getting 25 ammo pts in a round.  And I've done 25 repairs in a round.  But the 25 heals?  Has to be a real special circumstance, virtually impossible during normal play.
Not
Great success!
+216|6594|Chandler, AZ
My favorite feature of the "I NEED A MEDIC HERE!" runners is the fact that as soon as they call that request, ALL the medics on their team show up on the minimap, and STILL they can't seem to slow down long enough for the guy 10m behind him to catch up.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6710

Bigphillyed wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

Revives don't need some sort of 'gratification', the 2 points are more than enough. IMHO its already MORE than enough, its so much easier than killing a person.
I meant I just started playing medic all the time in the last few days. I usually never play medic, as you can see by my stats. Now that I have started playing medic, I get killer points. I think my global score is pretty dam good for the hours I have. I see plenty of people with the same score and 500 hours. So I do think myt stats show big point games, and by the way the points I get are on full 64 person servers, not some 20/64 or server with modded tickets.

And yes revives should get gratification. BF2 was designed around sqaud based play. In fact thats why the new 1.3 patch is going to make it even more squad based. No more spawn on leader, etc. Being a medic and reviving your squad members is going to be the new thing. So the medic is going to become the #1 kit now. Like I said earlier I do understand the possibilities of stat padding if the revives counted. Thats why I said a revive should give you only a half of a point towards a heal.

Anyway, it was my opionion. I didn't want this thread to turn into a bitch session. I think with the 1.3 coming its going to change alot of things, and the way people play the game. I think it will be a change for the better. Because I am a squad and team player. So I have no problems being a medic for 5 other guys. When the patch comes out, medics should get more praise then they do now.....
LOL! How can you say that you have a good amount of points for your hours? HOW?!
I can't say that, and my ponits to time ratio is better than yours.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-05-11 13:09:13)

DSRTurtle
+56|6703

Jelecak wrote:

Revive is easier cause you just left click and the killed guy is not moving.
A heal point is awarded only when he has about 1/3 of health. Healing sb with 75% hp doesn't work. I play mostly as a medic and i know that when i want to heal some n00b, he starts running away to the combat zone with 2 bars of health and die there instead of picking the heal bag up. BTW if i follow him i can get a revive point.
Reviving is much easier than healing!!!
Actually it does help.  If you heal enough guys at 75% they will equal a heal point eventually.  The same goes for repair points.  The problem being you can repair an armored vehicle in combat with another vehicle, but you can't heal someone shooting the enemy as easily.  1 grenade will take you both out.
Bigphillyed
+12|6640
Well thanks for the negative Karma, who ever it was! You state your opionions around here and people give you negative. I bet those people are the punishers for accidental TK's too. Well take your negative Karma and stick it up your F%#^*!&  A@#.

To the other guys who actually enjoyed posting to this thread, thank you.
blackcracka
+18|6787
Yes Revives are easier but Medic is the most helpful class in the game and also offers the most points and you can get them rather quickly!!

I have these healing stats:

Heal     13,792
Revive  23,142

I guess I play alot, but I consider myself a pretty good medic..  I will heal you ANYTIME.... ANYWHERE!!  BTW you can run 86 meters in less than 15 seconds to get a revive with full sprint!

YeaH baBy!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard