+11|6697|Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Very interesting i think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co … ive_troops

hmmm, Jamica has an army since when?
FCity|BuBuBaer
+19|6655|127.0.0.1

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

hmmm, Jamica has an army since when?
Jamaica has also a ice-bob team (Cool Runnings)
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6779|Atlanta, GA USA
Better not mess with Antigua!
asbad
+19|6729|Ireland
So 5% of north korea's population are in the army?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6635|UK
Best not mess with Antigua and Barbuda! They'll pwn ur ass

Last edited by liquidat0r (2006-05-11 14:06:02)

Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6641|USA
wow, i guess so. north korea is like sparta, cept with a shitty leader, bad healthcare and nukes.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6636|IRELAND

Judging by the size of North and South Koreas Reserve forces 4.7m each, they are ready to war with eachother.

We on the other hand ;
118  Ireland 10,460
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6687|Broadlands, VA
Hey!  I was on a cruise this past April and saw the entire Bahamian Navy -

ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED!!!

https://www.flamingpoodles.com/ub2/boat%20spotted.jpg
MooseRyder
+37|6663|Montréal, Canada
We are the second biggest country in the world and are ranked #67 for our army lmao!! Go Canada!!, they forgot to had the bears and the mooses!

Last edited by MooseRyder (2006-05-11 19:29:42)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS
I think its a little more fair to look at the 'Active troops per thousand citizens'. Its a better indication of how much a nation cares about its military - Its no surprise Israel tops that list.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6681|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I'll sign up to the Jamica army as long as I can go own my own and work in the fields. Thats of course If they'd have me.
pfc_toecutter
meatshield
+38|6626|Houston, TX
I have tried to tell you people...
     'China will drop people on us, like we drop bombs on people'
pfc_toecutter
meatshield
+38|6626|Houston, TX

Kaosdad008 wrote:

Hey!  I was on a cruise this past April and saw the entire Bahamian Navy -

ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED!!!

http://www.flamingpoodles.com/ub2/boat%20spotted.jpg
nice
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6845
My maids little Sister is Jamacian Army Heliocopter Pilot, She seems to have her Sh*t Together, Very Bright Young lady.
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6687|Broadlands, VA
Can't you see this as a movie?  Some "super power" decides to invade the Caribbean Islands only to find this unified force that guns'em out of the water?

OK - that was dumb.  I'm bored at work.  That's the trouble with being in TechOps - everyone else can take the Nice Sunny Day Off, but OH NO!  Not the gys who actually feed the servers!  WE have to keep out lilly white butts in the chair and watch the pretty colors on the monitoring screens! 

'sOK - I'm cool...
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6635|Canada
Russia has 2million-20million in reserves....wow, just wow
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6741|Oslo, Norway
lol, norway has like one soldier per 40,000 people LOL!!
we are gonna get pwnt by jamaica if there is war!
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6569

Spark wrote:

I think its a little more fair to look at the 'Active troops per thousand citizens'. Its a better indication of how much a nation cares about its military - Its no surprise Israel tops that list.
Not necessarily:  China and the US, for example, both care a great deal about their militaries, but can outnumber other countries even with a much lower % of troops enlisted, so needn't bother enlisting too many.  The UK also has a relatively low number of soldiers per thousand citizens, and cares a great deal about it's military, yet relies on a small, well trained force.  I agree, though, to look at a coutry solely in how many troops in total they have ignores the larger picture.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_House

i thought the cold war ended

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-05-13 10:42:53)

destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6635|Canada

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_House

i thought the cold war ended
wow, how could they say sumthin like that? russia is at least partly free. its got hundreds of oil baron millionares/billionares. if that doesnt spell freedom then the states r not free either....
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6718|Sweden

WilhelmSissener wrote:

lol, norway has like one soldier per 40,000 people LOL!!
we are gonna get pwnt by jamaica if there is war!
Yeah, specially since u guys are still hanging around with those old G3's that us swedes dropped in the ´70s. Good luck m8!

Wikipedia.org wrote:

The Royal Antigua and Barbuda Defense Force is the armed force of Antigua and Barbuda. The RABDF consists of four major units:

* 1st Battalion, Antigua and cook Regiment - this is the infantry unit and fighting arm of the defence force.
    * Service and Support Unit - established in 1997, this provides administrative, logistic and food support to the rest of the defence force.
    * Coast Guard - this is the maritime element of the defence force, and is divided into four units:
          o Commanding Officer's office
          o Engineer Unit
          o Food Unit
          o Flotilla - the flotilla is the operational part of the Coast Guard, and consists of four vessels and one "Diner ship".
    * Antigua and Barbuda Cadet Corps
These guys have to stop eating

Last edited by Sh1fty2k5 (2006-05-13 12:37:33)

cailuc
Friendly fire isn't
+36|6627
Wow!

See what it says about our british services.....

"Its global power projection capabilities are second only to those of the United States Military."

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard