Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
lol, on CNN right now. Some guy being interviewed said "People in a country 200 years old think they have a right to tell people of a 7,000 year old country how it should be run". My Nigerian roommate burst out in laughter.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England
Give that guy a prize for stupid statement of the day!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Did you meet your roommate via email?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX
Barack Obama has reiterated his demand for an "orderly transition that begins now" in Egypt and urged President Hosni Mubarak "to make the right decision".

The US president said he hoped "to see this moment of turmoil turned into a moment of opportunity".

He spoke as huge crowds demonstrated across Egypt for an 11th day calling for Mr Mubarak to resign immediately.

President Obama spoke in Washington after a meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

"The whole world is watching," Mr Obama told reporters.

He said he had been encouraged by the restraint shown by the authorities and the protesters.

Mr Obama did not insist that President Mubarak step down immediately, but repeated his call for a "transition period that begins now".

"He needs to listen to what is voiced by the people and make a judgment about a pathway forward that is orderly, that is meaningful and serious," he said.

"I believe that President Mubarak cares about his country. He is proud, but he is also a patriot," he added.

"The key question he should be asking himself is: how do I leave a legacy behind in which Egypt is able to get through this transformative period? My hope is he will end up making the right decision."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12371479

Maybe Obama should just stop talking and leave it to the Egyptians?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
13rin
+977|6481

Dilbert_X wrote:

Hasn't he for the most part?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Maybe, now he's trying to push his preferred solution.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Appears the protesters have won. Mubarak is stepping down.
-Frederick Bastiat
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5545|Toronto

JohnG@lt wrote:

I haven't been following the situation all that closely, so forgive the stupid questions.

Who is filling the power vacuum he's created?

And hadn't he agreed to step down already? I gather it was merely a matter of how soon.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing and H/J have derailed another thread into a neo-con rant.

Someone tody up plz and maybe we can get back to Egypt.
actually the Thread Derailed right here

JohnG@lt wrote:

Why on earth would the average American concern themselves with international politics? I can't think of a worse form of mental masturbation.
To his credit he was guiding it into a topic of his considerable expertise.
http://forums.bf2s.com/post.php?tid=141 … id=3445525

Now say " I didn't understand the Grammar " or  $%@ ...ok ?

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2011-02-05 11:16:23)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

Pochsy wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I haven't been following the situation all that closely, so forgive the stupid questions.

Who is filling the power vacuum he's created? .
That is the linchpin of the issue that makes any lucid individual concerned*. Hopefully we all remember Carter and Iran or we read about it and learned from others. Sadly that last ability evades some people. Pick your own examples.

* Still, some suggest masturbation. Perhaps this would be a happier, cordial, informative and more formal place if some did concentrate their efforts in that arena. They might even  'win one' as they say.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2011-02-05 11:25:30)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

He lead his own party off a cliff and now he has lots of advice for other world leaders.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Campoe has swayed me. What the hell do I care...
Xbone Stormsurgezz
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5038|Massachusetts, USA

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

He lead his own party off a cliff and now he has lots of advice for other world leaders.
lol
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

It could be instabilty in general is what worries the US. Yea, Carter buddied up with Tito, Ceausescu, Ortega, and Kim il-sung.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Not going to respond to another derail.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Well, the people setting up tents in the streets of Cairo are the piece de resistance. Not Obama.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

Dilbert_X wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Thank you for responding with your ' non response '. lol

Is this guy for real or did he watch to many hot dogs cook by pressing his face to the microwave window too ?
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6001|Vortex Ring State

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Thank you for responding with your ' non response '. lol

Is this guy for real or did he watch to many hot dogs cook by pressing his face to the microwave window too ?
obama is pretty much irrelevant to the main topic of this thread

anyways was listening to an interview for a state department spokesman

"The US wants a government that supports first and foremost, the interests of the Egyptian people"

lying in our faces
UnkleRukus
That Guy
Weren't people bitching about Bush spending too much of his time meddling in the affairs of other countries? Yet when Obama doesn't meddle in the affairs of other countries it's the end of the goddamn world.

Anyone else find that suspicious?

Last edited by UnkleRukus (2011-02-07 06:40:55)

Trotskygrad
бля

UnkleRukus wrote:

Weren't people bitching about Bush spending too much of his time meddling in the affairs of other countries? Yet when Obama doesn't meddle in the affairs of other countries it's the end of the goddamn world.

no, people like to bitch
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

UnkleRukus wrote:

What I find  ' suspicious ' [sic] is that he didn't have a word to say about the Iranian protests, but weighs in on the muslim brotherhood's side on this one. He seems to have a defined slant/agenda. Further, I don't feel obozo is " off topic " in that he could indeed have a lot of influence in what becomes of Egypt, by design or not. So if you don't like it, feel free to 'not respond' by responding.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2011-02-07 06:54:14)

Trotskygrad
бля

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

...he could indeed have a lot of influence in what becomes of Egypt, by design or not...
it seems that the general consensus is that he is not wielding said influence in Egypt
UnkleRukus
That Guy

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

What I find  ' suspicious ' [sic] is that he didn't have a word to say about the Iranian protests, but weighs in on the muslim brotherhood's side on this one. He seems to have a defiant slant/agenda.
Are you insinutating that Obama is muslim?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6812|Nårvei

The Muslim brotherhood isn't as strong as international media like to portray them, they haven't got as much support on a ground level amongst the populace that holds religion and politics separate ... a tad similar to how "Muslim" Turkey is organised ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard