Brasso
+1,549|6640

Uzique wrote:

two cata noobs arguing over gems... it's beautiful
and one aging veteran reminisces about the good ol days
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6480
i know which category i'd rather be
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
iceman785
+93|6682|Alaska, mother fucker.
I wish they'd open a vanilla server or something.  Or even a progression server, where you have to beat all the content of vanilla to open BC, BC to WOTLK, WOTLK to cata.  That'd be a lot of fun.  Maybe have a few servers and make it a competition or something.

I hit 85, played for like two weeks then shut my account down again because it's the same old boring ass grind that LK was.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6480
yeah i just can't justify spending all those hours doing gear/rep/gold/achievement grinding... the model of content has changed

instead of it being increasingly difficult, it's basically 'episodic', or 'mini-expansions'

you spend all your time to complete one load, which ends up being a TOTAL waste of time... because the next load comes... and you can access it straight away. so all the hours you spent grinding rep, badges, heroics, gold-for-ench, gold-for-gems etc. is wasted because the next instance is pretty much open to everyone, and all the previous-tier gear becomes welfare-epics. what's the point in playing hardcore anymore? you may as well just do what happened in wrath of the lich king... wait 6 months for all the raids to be released, then waltz in and get the super-epics in easymode fucking heroics.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5798|Catherine Black
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6480
stupid noob shit
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6480
holy fuck that heavy metal music and the effects and the standard footage of arena was really really interesting and entertaining

fucksake finray noobs have been making shitty videos like this since TBC

ARENA PVP = FUCK OFF
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6480
oh and it's really cool to see in cata now that PvP is amazing and involves 15 minute resilience borefests to 'kill' someone
baggs
+732|6214
in my time playing WoW, i have never seen the attraction of making/watching PvP videos, i just dont get it.

yeah, i'll watch raid videos, but even they were pretty much negated once Wrath was released.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6480
only entertaining pvp videos were the old-school vanilla rank14 pvp ones... because they raped and had lots of world pvp as well as battleground domination. arena videos are the exact same fucking boring, repetitive bullshit every damn time... always set to the same fucking music, with people using the same 'cool' interface, using the same fucking film effects. what's the point? waste of time. it's just people putting their silly little epeens into video-form... and there's nothing to even have an epeen over in WoW anymore.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5798|Catherine Black
3 replies to one video.. all negative and rants. I was just posting a video I found cool, no need to go all alpha-elitist on me. Cause I don't care. You don't even play any more.. why do you come in this thread if it's all negative? I'm pretty sure most of the people don't want to read your rants, but would rather discuss the game how it is right now, instead of wishing it was back to the way it was in vanilla.

shut up, nobody cares.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6480
people care about a generic arena video that they could have seen 3 years ago?
¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6194
Uzique is one of those people who thought that vanilla was the best time in the game... when really vanilla was absolutely fucking aweful

zomg orignal naxx was sooo hard.... ya it was hard because the game was half fucking broken half the class's/spec were completely useless and itemization was completely horrid and have fun finding 39 other like minded people to raid with.

rank 14 pvp people were pro!.... those guys literally had to play 60 hours a week too even keep that rank seems more like a job than a game to me

And for that movie i dont even think you know what your looking at!... Theres no way you could have watched a video like that 3 years ago let alone 3 months ago. And you still dont know what im talking about. Ya that video is definitly stupid noob shit maybe if you took a second look you would see that Swifty is in fact one of those warrior's that rogue owned, and he was a rank 14 vanilla pvp'er.

My guess is you have actually never done any hard content in WoW. GG being a random scrub who complains that the game was much better back in vanilla when it was really terrible compared to the state that the game is now.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

in b4 shitstorm
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5046|Massachusetts, USA

¦TØP¦straz_mataz wrote:

Uzique is one of those people who thought that vanilla was the best time in the game... when really vanilla was absolutely fucking aweful

zomg orignal naxx was sooo hard.... ya it was hard because the game was half fucking broken half the class's/spec were completely useless and itemization was completely horrid and have fun finding 39 other like minded people to raid with.

rank 14 pvp people were pro!.... those guys literally had to play 60 hours a week too even keep that rank seems more like a job than a game to me

And for that movie i dont even think you know what your looking at!... Theres no way you could have watched a video like that 3 years ago let alone 3 months ago. And you still dont know what im talking about. Ya that video is definitly stupid noob shit maybe if you took a second look you would see that Swifty is in fact one of those warrior's that rogue owned, and he was a rank 14 vanilla pvp'er.

My guess is you have actually never done any hard content in WoW. GG being a random scrub who complains that the game was much better back in vanilla when it was really terrible compared to the state that the game is now.
Poking a beehive here mate

Last edited by UnkleRukus (2011-02-05 15:36:24)

If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6480
i was a top rank vanilla pvp'er on a rogue, too... then crossed over to nax. i was in <wipe club> on chromaggus/boulderfist.

gg, writing 4 paragraphs based on complete wrong assumptions

Last edited by Uzique (2011-02-05 15:53:02)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

That was painless.
¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6194
Everyone who says that vanilla was better lists those couple things as the whole reasoning behind it.

I could sit here and list off at least 50 reasons why the current state of the game is better than vanilla. While vanilla fan bois have 2 arguments 40 man raids and 60 hour a week pvp grinds.

and what i wrote is completely true... gg being a rank 14 basement dweller during vanilla
UnkleRukus
That Guy

¦TØP¦straz_mataz wrote:

Everyone who says that vanilla was better lists those couple things as the whole reasoning behind it.

I could sit here and list off at least 50 reasons why the current state of the game is better than vanilla. While vanilla fan bois have 2 arguments 40 man raids and 60 hour a week pvp grinds.

and what i wrote is completely true... gg being a rank 14 basement dweller during vanilla
Since a lot of the people who think vanilla is better had to actually work for their gear. You can probably see why they find people like you to be ignorant twats.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5368|London, England

¦TØP¦straz_mataz wrote:

Vanilla sucked compared to BC. The armor alone was god awful. 40 man raids were meh. Too many people to keep the attention of and someone inevitably fucked up when the doorbell rang, their kid set their hair on fire, or the climax of a tv show came on and the persons attention was riveted. I didn't play in WotLK so I have no idea how that expansion went. From what I heard, they turned it into pure easy mode and made raiding completely pointless. If that's so, then BC was the perfect mix of hardcore raiding content and difficulty. Sunwell of course was released too late in the expansion and many of the top guilds had their playerbase erode over the almost 1 year wait. That said, killing Brutalus was one of the things I remember fondly from my time playing WoW. I never gave a shit about pvp. Resto druid in arena was simply annoying (yes, yes, easy mode, but still fucking boring).
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

UnkleRukus wrote:

¦TØP¦straz_mataz wrote:

Since a lot of the people who think vanilla is better had to actually work for their gear. You can probably see why they find people like you to be ignorant twats.
I despised the people that simply did heroics for badge gear or played their 5 arena games a week to earn points for gear. Granted, the gear sucked, but it gave noobs some ridiculous sense of entitlement. They thought they were good, and they'd drag you on a heroic run and do their 150 dps while fapping in the corner or wiping us
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
UnkleRukus
That Guy

JohnG@lt wrote:

¦TØP¦straz_mataz wrote:

Vanilla sucked compared to BC. The armor alone was god awful. 40 man raids were meh. Too many people to keep the attention of and someone inevitably fucked up when the doorbell rang, their kid set their hair on fire, or the climax of a tv show came on and the persons attention was riveted. I didn't play in WotLK so I have no idea how that expansion went. From what I heard, they turned it into pure easy mode and made raiding completely pointless. If that's so, then BC was the perfect mix of hardcore raiding content and difficulty. Sunwell of course was released too late in the expansion and many of the top guilds had their playerbase erode over the almost 1 year wait. That said, killing Brutalus was one of the things I remember fondly from my time playing WoW. I never gave a shit about pvp. Resto druid in arena was simply annoying (yes, yes, easy mode, but still fucking boring).
Agree'd, BC was the best. Kara, Gruul, Mags, TK, SSC, BT, MH, all were awesome and fun raids each with their own challenges.

I like how you had get keys to unlock the tougher instances, forcing people to actually earn their way through the raids instead of instantly being able to jump into any 25man.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

UnkleRukus wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

¦TØP¦straz_mataz wrote:

Agree'd, BC was the best. Kara, Gruul, Mags, TK, SSC, BT, MH, all were awesome and fun raids each with their own challenges.

I like how you had get keys to unlock the tougher instances, forcing people to actually earn their way through the raids instead of instantly being able to jump into any 25man.
Right. They were all unique bosses and I loved that. Gruul and his damn earthquakes that dropped the ceiling on you. A'lar and his fire bombs. Vashj and her green batshit of doom. Archimonde and the magical tear drops or whatever that people always said didn't work when they died Even Kara, and the chess board were all cool stuff (I hated kara).

I simply got burnt out in the end. I had full T6 resto and T6 feral gear by the time Sunwell was launched

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2011-02-06 14:17:33)

-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
This is all bringing back memories But, I can happily say I have zero desire to ever play again.
-Frederick Bastiat
UnkleRukus
That Guy

JohnG@lt wrote:

This is all bringing back memories But, I can happily say I have zero desire to ever play again.
I would maybe play again, if it was BC only and all my friends were back playing it as well.

I remember having one of my friends let us into his guilds Kara that they left half finished. We skipped a couple of bosses, did chess and then did Malchezzar. So they went through the bosses later that evening, only to find that chess didn't drop any loot for some reason, and Malchezzar has mysteriously disapeared.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard