Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5176|Sydney
That's also a good suggestion.
wcvose
+1|5066
anyone heard about a BF 3 Demo or Beta release yet ???
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6309

You get access to the beta if you pre-ordered Medal of Honor. No idea about a public beta though.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6283|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

ebug9 wrote:

You get access to the beta if you pre-ordered Medal of Honor. No idea about a public beta though.
Well they had to do SOMETHING to make people buy MoH right?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6599
Theres an official teaser trailer on youtube
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6562|Area 51

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

I think the best thing would be to stop stationary AA from being highlighted by the bombing HUD of the planes. They won't be able to see if it's occupied when they begin to do a bombing run of a flag and by the time they do get close enough, it's to late for them to change targets.
Won't help a thing. As soon as I got a lock and it wasn't from a plane I'd instantly started shooting at all known AA sites in the area.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6664

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

I think the best thing would be to stop stationary AA from being highlighted by the bombing HUD of the planes. They won't be able to see if it's occupied when they begin to do a bombing run of a flag and by the time they do get close enough, it's to late for them to change targets.
Proper handling of planes.

- remove the planes auto-radar to vehicles and stationary AA.  Only highlighted if they are tagged or spotted, with timer like BC2.
- make the mobile AA's radar dish actually work.
- don't place stationary AA where trees remove locks.

With the above, hand AA won't be needed.
FloppY_
­

Ilocano wrote:

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

Proper handling of planes.

- remove the planes auto-radar to vehicles and stationary AA.  Only highlighted if they are tagged or spotted, with timer like BC2.
- make the mobile AA's radar dish actually work.
- don't place stationary AA where trees remove locks.

With the above, hand AA won't be needed.
Ye give all radar equipped vehicles autospotting of planes..
And I really hope they do what you said and remove the "godvision" jets had in BF2 where they could see ALL manned vehicles and not just spotted ones..
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6664

Was really stupid having to sit on the second seat to avoid getting highlighted.
FloppY_
­
Sandvichman94
Will the pc version have controller support, and aim assist like bfbc2? I like using a controller. smile
Fullretard.jpg

And looks like the console versions will be pointless if they only support 24 players per map
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS
Slightly confused. Are there tracer darts or not? Or are there tracers, but not in a dart form?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466

Spark wrote:

Slightly confused. Are there tracer darts or not? Or are there tracers, but not in a dart form?
Tracer rounds are when the bullet glows as it flies through the air. Video games make more liberal usage of tracers than real life as in video games you want to show people where enemy rounds are coming from, but IRL you don't.

The tracer dart was the weapon in BC2 that tagged enemy vehicles, marking them on the map and letting certain rocket weapons lock on for a more accurate attack.

Tracer rounds are in. Tracer darts are not.
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney

FloppY_ wrote:

Sandvichman94
Will the pc version have controller support, and aim assist like bfbc2? I like using a controller. smile
Fullretard.jpg

And looks like the console versions will be pointless if they only support 24 players per map
Where did you even read that?

"No comment on player counts"

They answered a question as to why they can't have 64 player servers.

And then they said they'll support as many as they can - they never actually said 24 was the limit, the person posting the question to them said that.

Also:

repi wrote:

Ok so how many of you gamers are building a new PC for our #BF3 and what hardware will you use? Highly recommend Win7 64-bit + DX11 GPU
I'm guessing at least 3-4G of RAM needed. Might be an idea to upgrade to 6G.
Looks like I might need to upgrade to a 5870. 5770 is smooth as silk on medium for BC2, but I reckon it'll clock less frames on BF3.
The Phenom II x4 should be fine though
FloppY_
­

Jaekus wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Sandvichman94
Fullretard.jpg

And then they said they'll support as many as they can - they never actually said 24 was the limit, the person posting the question to them said that.

Also:

repi wrote:

Ok so how many of you gamers are building a new PC for our #BF3 and what hardware will you use? Highly recommend Win7 64-bit + DX11 GPU
Looks like I might need to upgrade to a 5870. 5770 is smooth as silk on medium for BC2, but I reckon it'll clock less frames on BF3.

HaiBai wrote:

ScottGrill
64 is fine. Loved it in BF2. Why only 24 on the PS3 and Xbox 360 though? Hardware limitations? No dedicated servers?

ChristinaCoffin
we'll support as many as we can +maybe extra provided it maintains the integrity of the play experience
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6172|Sydney | ♥

No DX9 support - So no XP support. You'd be a fool if you're on XP still these days anyway, considering M$ is not updating it anymore.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6172|Sydney | ♥

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Possibly.

Hopefully my i7 930 @ 4Ghz, 6GB 1600Mhz RAM and 2GB HD6970 can handle it

WHY YOU HAVE MY COMPUTER!

Cept the graphics card..

...been waiting out for BF3 to upgrade, still on a 4850 512MB
FloppY_
­

tazz. wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Possibly.

Hopefully my i7 930 @ 4Ghz, 6GB 1600Mhz RAM and 2GB HD6970 can handle it

WHY YOU HAVE MY COMPUTER!

Cept the graphics card..

...been waiting out for BF3 to upgrade, still on a 4850 512MB
4870 here _o/
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney

FloppY_ wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Fullretard.jpg

Also:

repi wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

ScottGrill
64 is fine. Loved it in BF2. Why only 24 on the PS3 and Xbox 360 though? Hardware limitations? No dedicated servers?

ChristinaCoffin
we'll support as many as we can +maybe extra provided it maintains the integrity of the play experience
Again, let me explain it for you.

They don't say "we're only supporting 24 players", the person posing the question did. The response is consistent with the other replies to similar questions, with all replies not giving any definite answers/no answer.

You're just following someone else's assumptions and running with it. Tut tut.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker

tazz. wrote:

No DX9 support - So no XP support. You'd be a fool if you're on XP still these days anyway, considering M$ is not updating it anymore.
Not foolish to save one's money to upgrade until BF3 recommended stats are released.
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
It's been almost a year now, probably due for an upgrade soon anyway. BF3 will be good incentive for it, and by then a 5870 will probably be down to almost as much as I paid for my 5770
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6509|Gold Coast

Jaekus wrote:

It's been almost a year now, probably due for an upgrade soon anyway. BF3 will be good incentive for it, and by then a 5870 will probably be down to almost as much as I paid for my 5770
Ive been on the same rig (bar the graphics card) for nearly 4 years now...
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
GFX card would need an upgrade to play it well. RAM is getting cheaper all the time so getting some more isn't a bad idea either. Umart are currently selling 2GB sticks of Kingston RAM for $28, but I'm not sure if I can really go the Kingston... my flatmate just bought 6G of it though and has been running fine so far.

edit: Or maybe I'll just buy a second 5770 and crossfire them...

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-02-06 23:14:22)

Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6146|'straya
Sell the 5770 and buy one good card imo.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS
I got my 4870 just over two years ago and it's already outdated?

This better be a bloody good game
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6172|Sydney | ♥

Spark wrote:

I got my 4870 just over two years ago and it's already outdated?

This better be a bloody good game
Lol - Hobbies are expensive, mate!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard