FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Uzique wrote:

you'd rather blizzard rushed diablo 3 then floppy?

you guys are such stupid fucking cunts... a good game developer nowadays is damned-if-they-do, damned-if-they-don't

besides it's not as if you ever pay for the fucking games anyway, so you don't really have a say on the matter you no-life prick
https://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2571/umadbroa.jpg

Take that stick out your arse Uzi

I don't care if developers take a long time making a game (especially when it's not one I care that much about like DIII) but setting a releasedate overshooting it by 1-2 years is hillarious...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-01-31 04:58:37)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Uzique wrote:

you guys are such stupid fucking cunts... a good game developer nowadays is damned-if-they-do, damned-if-they-don't
Kind of like modding BF2S, wot.

Anyway, here's to hoping that Diablo 3 will meet a timely release without being rushed. I'd like to play it before I start sporting gray hairs.

FloppY_ wrote:

especially when it's not one I care that much about like DIII
/troll
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

FloppY_ wrote:

Uzique wrote:

besides it's not as if you ever pay for the fucking games anyway, so you don't really have a say on the matter you no-life prick
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2571/umadbroa.jpg

I don't care if developers take a long time making a game (especially when it's not one I care that much about like DIII) but setting a releasedate overshooting it by 1-2 years is hillarious...
no, no it's not

shut up and get a fucking life you bottom-feeding cretin
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Well, floppy's got a point. I'd rather not have an estimated release date for a game if it's just going to get months tacked on every time we draw close. It feels like you're being taunted.
FloppY_
­

Uzique wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Uzique wrote:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2571/umadbroa.jpg

no, no it's not

shut up and get a fucking life you bottom-feeding cretin
Must be annoying allways beeing that butthurt
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
sometimes an estimation is just an estimation... my life isn't going to be fucking over just because a game developer messed up with their prediction and needed more time to develop/tweak the game to make it GOOD on release. the gaming industry involves more of a process than some idyllic team of game developers sat in design utopia releasing top-notch games to an appreciative audience. there are publishers, advertisers, investors etc. to deliver deadlines to as well as strategic market-planning and marketing/selling techniques to get the game out. sometimes an estimation is just an estimation. i'd rather have a good diablo 3 than a rushed and botched diablo 3 just because they were pressured to get the game out at an 'opportune' moment, business-wise.

tl;dr: stop being fucking pathetic
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Sometimes an estimation is just an estimation, but a Blizzard estimation is a traditional joke. People are better off ignoring anything they have to say until they actually start hyping the release.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
Breach: 8/10

gameplay is great if it wasn't buggy as fuck. Graphics are meh. Destruction is SOMETIMES limited, but better than BC2 (shoot out INDIVIDUAL BRICKS)

hitreg, bugs, and lag issues prevent higher score
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Sometimes an estimation is just an estimation, but a Blizzard estimation is a traditional joke. People are better off ignoring anything they have to say until they actually start hyping the release.
exactly... you'll complain about everything and then play their games like the dirty crackwhores you are
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Eh, not really complaining about it. It's just easy to laugh at them when they guess at one of their own release dates.

Also:

Mirror's Edge - 6/101

Would be an easy eight, but I docked a point for linear maps, and another point because it doesn't let me use all the keys on my keyboard for controls. Having to shift stuff I usually have on ;, ', \ and . to del, ins, home and end pisses me off, no matter the game. This is definitely a WSAD-centric game with very little customizability.

E:

1Finished the game. There's a lot of dying and unpredictable jump mechanics while you're being shot, but I think everything else bumps it up to an average 7/10. In an interview, one of the producers (?) confessed that it did have flaws. Here's to hoping that Mirror's Edge 2 will kill some of them.

Mostly, I would like to see more fluid melee and an actual working stealth mechanic. I've gotten used to the puzzles, and some of the challenging areas were fun once I got into the rhythm of things, but 90% of my 1000 deaths were due to the wall jump mechanic not working as expected, so that could use improvement as well. Art direction, audio, music and dialog all fit, so no problem there. More varied paths would be welcome, as well as several multiplayer modes. (CAPTURE THE FLAG?!)
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA
Reach single player: 2/10

0 Character development, shit plot, but what could I expect from a game that makes millions and doesn't care at all.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York

UnkleRukus wrote:

0 Character development, shit plot, but what could I expect from a game that makes millions and doesn't care at all.
They're making a re-make of Halo: CE. Updated graphics, Reach engine, etc. Just when you thought MS was done making money off of Halo..
FloppY_
­

Poseidon wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

They're making a re-make of Halo: CE. Updated graphics, Reach engine, etc. Just when you thought MS was done making money off of Halo..
Microsoft - Done making money

DOES NOT COMPUTE
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA

Poseidon wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Well, TBH the first one was a very fun game so I might snag it.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
TheTrueQuaid
What was I doing mars?
+11|5868|Assachusetts
ARMA II & ARMA OA                                                9/10

Like BF2 only hardcore and rewarding when you work with people. No nade spam and great graphics. AI is super dumb and the Opfor has insane accuracy to see you from 800 meters away and start taking pot shots at you. Domination is the most played in MP but I like the City Life/Zargabad Life servers. Its good fun to run drugs or rob people and banks/gas stations and cause general mayhem around the city. Cops and other people can be annoying but most times its entertaining. Really fun.

The net code on the game is very warpy and Battleye will kick you off at the slightest disruption to your connection to the server so it loses a point.

Great game.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam
I ripped Fear 2 a long time a go because i wanted a horror game that would not only scare me, but also be fun to play (fun meaning shooting shit). I tried dead space, but i didnt really like the slow aiming and the whole scenario (Im not hatin dont get me wrong its a great game, I just dont really like playing it) so i tried Fear 2. Played it a while and then stopped it again. But now i decided to finish it and boy has it kept me on the edge of my seat. Its been a while since a game has been keeping me so tense while playing. Still havent finished it, but i might this week. so far its an 8/10
FloppY_
­

Kampframmer wrote:

I ripped Fear 2 a long time a go because i wanted a horror game that would not only scare me, but also be fun to play (fun meaning shooting shit). I tried dead space, but i didnt really like the slow aiming and the whole scenario (Im not hatin dont get me wrong its a great game, I just dont really like playing it) so i tried Fear 2. Played it a while and then stopped it again. But now i decided to finish it and boy has it kept me on the edge of my seat. Its been a while since a game has been keeping me so tense while playing. Still havent finished it, but i might this week. so far its an 8/10
I haven't even played through FEAR+Expansions yet, and I got the 1+Exp.+2 bundle in the steam holiday sale...
Spoiler (highlight to read):
Alma rapes (literally) you at the end
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam
I havent played 1 too be honest. I just didnt want to start with 1 because i wanted the latest one with the best graphics etc. might go for 3 when im done with this one.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
FEAR 1 was brilliant.

Took me ages to complete it

Getting my girlfriend to play through FEAR 2, currently. It's hilarious
FloppY_
­

Kampframmer wrote:

I havent played 1 too be honest. I just didnt want to start with 1 because i wanted the latest one with the best graphics etc. might go for 3 when im done with this one.
/facepalm

That's like watching/reading Harry Potter 2 before the first one... sure you can enjoy the action, but you have no fucking clue what's going on...
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam

FloppY_ wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

/facepalm

That's like watching/reading Harry Potter 2 before the first one... sure you can enjoy the action, but you have no fucking clue what's going on...
yeah i know. I sorta downloaded it just for the hell of it, so i wasnt that interested in the story at the time, but I'm finally understanding what the hell is going on around me in fear 2. When i first started it was action packed and scary but when it came to some storytelling (conversations etc) it was like chinese to me. But i'm getting there
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Dungeons

RATING (in-progress)

(-1) Long installation process, six things to install besides the game and forced online registration and e-mail activation and repeated login even for single player.
(-1) Epically slow map loading.
(-1) Choppy graphics on a low-detail game, made even slower by alt-tabbing out and back in.
(-1) Unskippable tutorial.

So 6/10 so far

Might improve if I'm ever able to start enjoying the game itself.

[old]Dungeons - 0/10

10 minutes later, it gets done installing the direct x and net framework 4.0 shit, but wants me to restart. I skip and launch again, and it installs visual c nonsense. Then it finally starts, and I have to enter the CD KEY. Yes, it was a Steam download. Following that, I now have to enter an e-mail address and a password. An account? Really? For this postage stamp of a game? GTFO.

Fail.

Maybe I'll rate the actual game when I'm finally able to play it, but for now it's bullcrap.

e: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I have to ACTIVATE my fucking account through my e-mail address now.

e2: thanks for taking for fucking ever to download a "2.25 MB" update.[/old]
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Portal 8/10 just began playing it. Different but great so far.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
what a coincidence i was just about to post that im downloading it now and whether it was worth it or not.
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Total War: Shogun 2

7.5/10 so far. It has potential to be a fun single player game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard