Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam
It's been a while since someone posted in this thread. just to keep things rolling I'll give a little update. Still haven't made any real gains, but i now started putting 2 scoops of whey in my post-workout (evening on rest days) shake to get some protein and kcals in. Still haven't made those protein bars yet, gonna look into that tomorrow. Any1 else wanna share something fitness/diet related?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5187|Sydney
Well I got my diet back on track, upped my weights yesterday and then had a big night out drinking last night, and currently sitting up having a scotch after a few beers earlier... so diet hasn't been very good these past 30 hours

But, I seem to be making continual progress with the lifting. Went for a quick sprint tonight to my car, in the past that would've made me puff a bit afterwards but I got to my car and felt fine, no shortness of breath at all, so clearly there's a fitness gain there
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam
Well, i don't really drink so thats something I can't really help with other than telling you to do so with moderation. Not drinking at all would be better, but a drink every once in a while won't hurt. Other than that, keep up the good work
Jaekus
+957|5187|Sydney
Can't help myself sometimes, always have loved a good drink. I had cut down quite a lot/altogether for a while but this whole xmas/NYE period was unavoidable for me, and then I had a few social obligations followed by a festival and then a gig tonight and some need of a bit of fun last night after a hard week. Ah well, I don't have any alcohol mid-week whatsoever any more so that's a start I guess. Once all this dies down a bit in the coming months I'll be able to reduce my intake some more once again. And thanks for the karmaz
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam
Just had me two tasty fishes for dinner. Might eat some lasagna in 30min because although those fish are rich in proteina nd all that, they really dont fill you up
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6560|Scotland
Been working out for about a month now, gym owner has alot of experience in coaching and stuff so he set me up on a program. It's a 5x5 on Monday and Wednesday doing Squat, Military Press and Pullups on the Monday. And Bench Press, Deadlift and Bent Over Row on Wednesday.

Then on Friday I do: Leg Press, Shoulder press, Cable cross over, Delts machine, Standing calf raises, Lying leg curls, Lay pulldown, Triceps machine (very good piece or kit even though a machine, same one Dorian Yates used) and then Bicep curls. On this day I do 2 sets of 12 on each once I get to 12 (which I did last week I put the weight up.

What do you guys think? The guys huge and knows his stuff but the only day I feel like I have really worked out is on the Friday.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam
well, it's only 3 exercises mon and wed (assuming you dont do anything else on those days). Try upping the weight. Anyway, they are all good exercises, but why do leg press on fri and squats on mon? Maybe do squats on fri again instead of leg press. It's no strange you feel more tired on fri because you do more exercises and more reps.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6560|Scotland
I'm increasing the weight on monday and wednesday by 2.5 kg every time on each exercise. Just wanting to take it slowly with such big exercises I guess. (Chest problem)
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam
Ah okey. Well ask the owner about maybe doing some extra exercises so you might work your muscles a bit more if you feel that 3 isnt enough. You can up the weight all you want, but there is a limit to what you can lift so i you still feel very energetic after those 3 try doing some small lifts like you do on fri.
Jaekus
+957|5187|Sydney
I'm increasing all my barbell weights every workout at the moment. Tomorrow will be 50kg for squats, 20kg for military press and 45kg for deadlifts (none of these including the barbell, it's not an olympic one either - I'd guess it weighs around 12-15kg). Just wanting to perfect my form. I think I'm getting the hang of deadlifting now. Squats are solid and military presses are becoming harder.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam
Believe it or not (I didn't think I could do it either), but most people can DL more than they squat. I tried it last week and increased my DL with 20kg and got it 5-10kg above my squat weight. Try upping the weight with little bits at a time and see if you can get above your squats weight.
Jaekus
+957|5187|Sydney
Yeah I read your post the other day. I had been going up in the same increments as my squats (2.5kg) but now I'm doing it in 5kg increments. Only thing is I only deadlift on every second workout, whereas I squat on every workout. Maybe I should up it a little more than 5kg. Dunno.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam
Seems hard to keep up with, upping with 5 every time. I squat on the same days as i DL so i can keep em quite balanced, but if you squat more often you can try upping your squat with 2.5 and your DL with 5.
Jaekus
+957|5187|Sydney
Yeah, that's what I'm doing now, after I read your post about being able to deadlift heavier than squat.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6332|New Haven, CT
It's ridiculous the improvement I've seen already in regards to strength. When I started four weeks ago, I could barely do ten hanging leg raises without dying of fatigue, nor could I squat more than the bar without my legs seizing up from overwork; now I can knock out of set of 25 without much pain, and am squatting 145. It's still pathetic relative to my old max, but at this rate, I should return to something respectable in little time.

Edit: I guess they aren't technically hanging leg raises, but I'm not sure what the exercise is called. Its on a "machine" with a vertical slab for back support and two horizontal ones on which your rest your forearms, so I'm suspending myself with the triceps.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2011-02-06 13:55:59)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam

nukchebi0 wrote:

It's ridiculous the improvement I've seen already in regards to strength. When I started four weeks ago, I could barely do ten hanging leg raises without dying of fatigue, nor could I squat more than the bar without my legs seizing up from overwork; now I can knock out of set of 25 without much pain, and am squatting 145. It's still pathetic relative to my old max, but at this rate, I should return to something respectable in little time.

Edit: I guess they aren't technically hanging leg raises, but I'm not sure what the exercise is called. Its on a "machine" with a vertical slab for back support and two horizontal ones on which your rest your forearms, so I'm suspending myself with the triceps.
those are hanging leg raises. And good progress. Were you injured or something that you had to go back to just the bar and only 10 leg raises?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6332|New Haven, CT
I'm not truly hanging, though.

Nah, I wasn't injured, just extremely lazy.
Jaekus
+957|5187|Sydney

Jaekus wrote:

I'm increasing all my barbell weights every workout at the moment. Tomorrow will be 50kg for squats, 20kg for military press and 45kg for deadlifts (none of these including the barbell, it's not an olympic one either - I'd guess it weighs around 12-15kg). Just wanting to perfect my form. I think I'm getting the hang of deadlifting now. Squats are solid and military presses are becoming harder.
Did 50kg on the deadlifts instead, kinda by accident

Was pretty hard but I did manage two sets.

Also, the 50kg squats were feeling hard to begin with but by the last set it was feeling a bit more comfortable. How does that work??
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam

Jaekus wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Did 50kg on the deadlifts instead, kinda by accident

Was pretty hard but I did manage two sets.

Also, the 50kg squats were feeling hard to begin with but by the last set it was feeling a bit more comfortable. How does that work??
Properly warmed up, adjusted form a little, something like that??
Jaekus
+957|5187|Sydney
Not really sure. I warm up 3 mins on the bike then do a set at approx 70% of my working weight. I was pretty tired today so maybe my energy levels picked up a bit more? Not really sure. I'll still up it by another 2.5kg on Wednesday anyway.
lrishpride
+68|5156
First hurling training just over and my chest hurts.

It was 1 mile in under 7 mins (or run an extra mile) then STRAIGHT into core work (40 X Crunch, 30 Press-up, 20 X mountain climbers, 1 min plank, 20 X sit up (Ultra slow).

Did that 3 times.

So thats 3 miles and all that core work in just under 30 minutes (incl stretching)

my everything hurts, but i like it.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6332|New Haven, CT
Finally regained my ability to touch the rim today. It's extremely satisfying to know I've already reattained the zenith of my jumping ability from high school and have a long way farther to go in improvement.

Weight wise, up to 155 pounds in squat, 95 in bench (not impressive, I know), and 135 in deadlift. I've been increasing weight every workout - is this recommended?

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2011-02-08 01:27:54)

Jaekus
+957|5187|Sydney
It is recommended to increase in small increments every workout until the weight becomes very challenging. Then stay with that weight till you can complete all reps on all sets and don't have to bust your balls in the process. Then continue to up the weight in small increments.

If you get to a point where you cannot up the weight any more and have been on the same weight for a while, try a week of deloading. Reduce the weight by about 10-15% and work your way back up again. This should allow your muscles a bit of extra recovery for a couple weeks and help you bust through that plateau (or so I've read).
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam
Just got back from the gym. managed to DL 100 kg. Didnt really want to do it for sets, just to hit the triple digits. Managed to hit 3 but my grip started to fail a bit so i stopped. Not planning on going above 100 any time soon and i'll be doing 90 for sets in my regular workout. Still...  FUCK YEAH 2 PLATE DL!

feelin cool as ice right now
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam
I case you wondered: Yes, I am that much of a self centered douchebag that i had to post that type of useless info in that douchy manner

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard