Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney

FloppY_ wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Immersive?
NO!

I'll be damned to have a 12 year old yelling orders to me over VOIP, nomatter the game it's the first feature (annoyance) I turn off..
Pretty much all of the people I talk to on VOIP are between 21-55.
It's still not immersive in any way having a 21-55 year old couch potato talking to you... the Commrose + Spotting was fine as long as people used it...
Yes it is. You may not find it so but you can't say that is the same for others.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6257|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Jaekus wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Pretty much all of the people I talk to on VOIP are between 21-55.
It's still not immersive in any way having a 21-55 year old couch potato talking to you... the Commrose + Spotting was fine as long as people used it...
Yes it is. You may not find it so but you can't say that is the same for others.
Just like you can't say it is then?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney
You're just becoming annoying now. Go away.
FloppY_
­

Jaekus wrote:

You're just becoming annoying now. Go away.
hypocrite
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney
I can see why you get slagged off on the forums so much now. Thanks for this education
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6713|London

Jaekus wrote:

Also, they really should encourage the use of VOIP/TS somehow. 80% of BF2 players use it, <1% of BC2 players use it. It's just so much more immersive and conducive to better teamwork with VOIP. Plus you get to know people and it becomes more of a social thing at times.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Zukabazuka
+23|6656
VOIP Is broken in BC2, so most people just stick to skype, TS2, mumble or any other speaking program.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6662|Devon, England
*TS3

Also, where the fuck is my LE pre-order option?!

Want.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4939|Dundee, Scotland.

FloppY_ wrote:

21-55 year old couch potato talking to you...
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pbV9QqddqnE/S7S6vCd8mAI/AAAAAAAABeY/sP0RW5UB5m8/s1600/irony2.jpg
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I want:

A command hierarchy system like BF2's with working VOIP, an atmosphere like BFV's, ships that can actually move like BF1942's, aircraft that make sense (no stallouts=off-the-map-bleeidng-to-death) but with BF2's arcade controls, BF2's class system, unlocks that are more for variety than utility, BF2's FULL set of infantry controls, good vehicle maps, good infantry maps, terrain that won't randomly take a chunk of health off my tank if I run into a lump of dirt, graphics slightly better than BC2...and BF2-style awards. The ribbons and medals are much prettier than more blocky icons with a stylized picture of a gun, crosshairs or an exploding head on them. I don't really care about a campaign; they need to get MP right.

Will I get any of this? Probably not. The Battlefield series I knew is dead.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
I have a dream. etc etc
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4939|Dundee, Scotland.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Battlefield 2 is IMO the pinnacle of fps games. We will never see a game as immersive and time-consuming as it again.

Last edited by Camm (2011-02-05 04:33:57)

for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
FloppY_
­

Camm wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

21-55 year old couch potato talking to you...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pbV9QqddqnE/S … irony2.jpg
Nope, I don't use VOIP because I know I sure as hell wouldn't want to listen to me ingame...
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5452
BF2+1 = BF3 for me
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

http://www.gamersmint.com/battlefield-3 … -dlc-pack/

Good news guys, we can buy the BF2 maps again.

Brb, buying Brecourt and Carentan for Call Of Duty XXIII.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
FloppY_
­
Karkand?

omfg

Why did they think it was a good idea to bring back the grenade spam minigame?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6283

Shut the fuck up and stop complaining. You probably won't buy the limited edition or the BF2 map pack as an add on anyway.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6417|Amsterdam‫

FloppY_ wrote:

Karkand?

omfg

Why did they think it was a good idea to bring back the grenade spam minigame?
true karkand was grenade spam, but it was fun grenade spam. so bring it on with karkand
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD

Camm wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Battlefield 2 is IMO the pinnacle of fps games. We will never see a game as immersive and time-consuming as it again.
Maybe, or maybe BF3 will take its place
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
FloppY_
­

ebug9 wrote:

Shut the fuck up and stop complaining. You probably won't buy the limited edition or the BF2 map pack as an add on anyway.
>Implying EA doesn't throw the name "limited edition" around like fucking candy...

Everyone will get that just like the so-called "limited edition" bonuses of BC2
FloppY_
­

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Camm wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Pinnacle of FPS?

far from it...

Pinnacle of it's niché, sure...
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD
Well for what it's worth, I think I spent about 1100 hours total playing BF2. No other FPS, not CS:S, not TF2, not the CoD games, not even BC/BC2 have come even CLOSE to that. And it's not even like I don't have as much time to play as before... in fact I have more time... but nothing has been as engrossing and addictive.

BF2 was simple in its design yet still very fun. There were lots of issues, oh yes there were, but not enough to keep me from playing.

The problem I have with CoD, Bad Company etc is that it's too much and at the same time too little. Instead of different factions having different default weapons, everyone uses the same thing. In CoD there are no ribbons, badges or medals. And those stupid 'insignias' that people can 'design' which usually end up looking like an abomination or a swastika. BC2 is better, but there's still something missing that makes it not quite as good as BF2.

I think part of it is that the PC versions of CoD and BC did not reach their full potential. BF2 was made by PCs for PCs, and a good portion of the PC gamer market has pretty high standards for video games, so DICE knew they couldn't fuck it up. Whereas they know that for consoles, as long as you have good marketing and a "cool" cover, most people will buy your video game like hot cakes even if it sucks.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
FloppY_
­

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Well for what it's worth, I think I spent about 1100 hours total playing BF2. No other FPS, not CS:S, not TF2, not the CoD games, not even BC/BC2 have come even CLOSE to that. And it's not even like I don't have as much time to play as before... in fact I have more time... but nothing has been as engrossing and addictive.

BF2 was simple in its design yet still very fun. There were lots of issues, oh yes there were, but not enough to keep me from playing.

The problem I have with CoD, Bad Company etc is that it's too much and at the same time too little. Instead of different factions having different default weapons, everyone uses the same thing. In CoD there are no ribbons, badges or medals. And those stupid 'insignias' that people can 'design' which usually end up looking like an abomination or a swastika. BC2 is better, but there's still something missing that makes it not quite as good as BF2.

I think part of it is that the PC versions of CoD and BC did not reach their full potential. BF2 was made by PCs for PCs, and a good portion of the PC gamer market has pretty high standards for video games, so DICE knew they couldn't fuck it up. Whereas they know that for consoles, as long as you have good marketing and a "cool" cover, most people will buy your video game like hot cakes even if it sucks.
I was just saying completely different kind of FPSs have grabbed me far more than Battlefield

e.g. Half-life + successors & mods
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me

BF2 is simply FUN. No game has held me for 5 years. I just hope they can hit the same formula with BF3. They've done it before so I have a little faith it can be done again.
l41e
+677|6619

FloppY_ wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Camm wrote:

Pinnacle of FPS?

far from it...

Pinnacle of it's niché, sure...
PRETENTIOUS MODE ON

There's no accent in niche. Not even in the way it's pronounced, and not even in French. Unless you're trying to say "pinnacle of its nested."

My opinion is more valid than these fools'! And I'll prové it!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard