liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK
I need to go to more "UK Bass" orientated events. A friend was DJing tonight (the ski club rented out the whole club, we were allowed to bring in guest DJs) and he was absolutely amazing. I had no idea he was into the same kind of music as me. I guess "friend" is an overstatement, more like "acquaintance".
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6660|Devon, England
Just got back from A Day To Remember and Angels and Airwaves. Both were awesome in their own ways. Was fucking brilliant.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
Soundwave in 3 weeks - http://www.soundwavefestival.com/
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6295|England
Andy C, Shy FX, Loadstar. Emalkay and Delta Heavy tonight at Southsea South Parade Pier.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6711

Jestar wrote:

Laneway festival is finally on tommorow, really looking forward to seeing Foals, Yeasayer and Two Door Cinema Club.
Was amazing, all the above bands were outfuckingmindblowing.
Hooch Pandersnatch
I like shoes
+26|6092|West Aus
Big Day Out tomorrow, scored a ticket for 100 because paying retail is for chumps.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Nice. Rammstein will melt your face off (literally). Drop some acid before Tool.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York
Either going to see Sir Elton John or LCD Soundsystem at MSG around April for my birthday. Trying to find someone to go with me for the latter, but all my friends respond with "Who's that?" when I ask if they know of them.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK
Who's Elton John?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6708|Toronto | Canada

I thought that said elton john and lcd soundsystem... Would be an interesting mix
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
I found someone He just has to take off of work.

Last ever concert for LCD Soundsystem. Sad.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5953|Perth, indian ocean

Jaekus wrote:

Nice. Rammstein will melt your face off (literally). Drop some acid before Tool.
so many pyrotechnics, insane live show
and i have never smelt so much weed in my life then at a tool gig hahaha
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
I was on the barrier for Tool (GC BDO) and there was someone smoking a j about 3 ppl back. Security didn't seem to notice though.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5931|Places 'n such

Jaekus wrote:

I was on the barrier for Tool (GC BDO) and there was someone smoking a j about 3 ppl back. Security didn't seem to notice though.
Security at gigs/festivals don't seem to mind that sorta thing as long as you're not being violent or trying to climb over stuff.

edit: rammstein and metallica have been the best gigs i've been to and also had the best pyro stuff

Last edited by presidentsheep (2011-02-08 08:50:02)

I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Ooo! Gonna see Pendulum next summer at Provinssirock along with SOAD and Volbeat.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Poseidon wrote:

I found someone He just has to take off of work.

Last ever concert for LCD Soundsystem. Sad.
Saw them last summer. Were boring
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Ooo! Gonna see Pendulum next summer at Provinssirock along with SOAD and Volbeat.
Bastard
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5671|College Park, MD
Gonna see CKY in March. Might see Protest the Hero in April. Will go to the Mayhem Festival in July.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Soundwave in 13 days

https://images.soundwavefestival.s3.amazonaws.com/timetables/SW11-QLD-TT-final-SML.jpg

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-02-12 20:32:46)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
LCD Soundsystem show at MSG got totally fucked ticket-wise... James Murphy had a fit on his site and Twitter.

So he remedied it by adding 4 shows at Terminal 5 Tickets go on sale this week. Might try to go to one of those AND break my bank account on StubHub for the last show.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5327|London, England
Wow, Feeder still exists?!? I've seen many of those bands in concert before

"I'm going out for a while! So I can get high with my friends...."
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Yeah, a few clashes but them's the breaks.

Looking to see Sevendust, Monster Magnet, Bullet For My Valentine, Stone Sour, PRIMUS (), Slash, Slayer, One Day as a Lion, QOTSA, IRON MAIDEN!!!

Would've liked to see Coheed & Cambria, Rob Zombie and The Melvins but these are the choices you have to make. Only ones there I've seen are QOTSA and Iron Maiden, wouldn't miss them again that's for sure.

edit: Having a pre-Soundwave drinks at mine as I live 5 minutes taxi from the venue. Starting 10am, though I doubt we'll get there before 1pm.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-02-13 21:15:51)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Jaekus wrote:

Yeah, a few clashes but them's the breaks.

Looking to see Sevendust, Monster Magnet, Bullet For My Valentine, Stone Sour, PRIMUS (), Slash, Slayer, One Day as a Lion, QOTSA, IRON MAIDEN!!!

Would've liked to see Coheed & Cambria, Rob Zombie and The Melvins but these are the choices you have to make. Only ones there I've seen are QOTSA and Iron Maiden, wouldn't miss them again that's for sure.

edit: Having a pre-Soundwave drinks at mine as I live 5 minutes taxi from the venue. Starting 10am, though I doubt we'll get there before 1pm.
I've seen Sevendust twice, Monster Magnet once, Stone Sour... well I saw Slipknot so that counts

Pennywise twice...
Social Distortion twice...
Rob Zombie once
Slayer once
Nonpoint once
H2O once

If you get there early enough I'd recommend Nonpoint. I would also never turn down the opportunity to see Social D...

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2011-02-13 21:23:01)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
There's no way I'll be there at 11:30. I reckon we'll be lucky to be there by 1pm tbh. We'll all be in a party mode for sure so it'll take some effort to muster the troops. And Social D are on almost the same time as Primus. I started playing bass (and bought all albums) when I started listening to Primus about 14 years ago. Never thought I'd get to see them ever, and last time Les Claypool did his solo show I simply could not afford to go. Probably will be my personal highlight of the day
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Jaekus wrote:

There's no way I'll be there at 11:30. I reckon we'll be lucky to be there by 1pm tbh. We'll all be in a party mode for sure so it'll take some effort to muster the troops. And Social D are on almost the same time as Primus. I started playing bass (and bought all albums) when I started listening to Primus about 14 years ago. Never thought I'd get to see them ever, and last time Les Claypool did his solo show I simply could not afford to go. Probably will be my personal highlight of the day
Fair enough I always wanted to be Mike Ness

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2011-02-13 21:25:11)

-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard