Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6546|Long Island, New York
The Green Hornet - 6.5/10

Eh. It was alright. I kept thinking "Why is Cameron Diaz even in this movie?".

Nice seeing Christoph Waltz again though.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6352

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Kmar wrote:

+ it (reading) will help you learn .. assuming you study a second language. Dubs are rarely good .. in my experience.
Tru dat. I got my english skills as a kid from music lyrics, TV and computer games. Had to sit usually with a dictionary when playing something like Maniac Mansion on C64. "Come here and I'll throw you in the prison". Prison? *pause game* Guys anyone know what that is? Bring the book! Prison.. prison..prison.. Ohhhh, prison. RUN RUN RUN RUN!!!!1 Nowadays everything is dubbed which is wrong imo. I have Das Boot on dvd and the original German soundtrack is Stereo whilst the dubbed English version is 5.1 Stupid.
I also read that the english dub is worse and apparently different from what they say in german at multiple instances. Havn´t ckecked myself though.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6206|Winland

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

3/10.

Complete garbage compared to the first one. Should've expected no more from a Disney sequel.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Hot Fuzz - fun as usual
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6295|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Hot Fuzz - fun as usual
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
zeidmaan
+234|6423|Vienna

Vanishing on 7th Street
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1452628/

Holly fuck. Its been a long time since a movie really creeped me out. It might just be my slight fear of the dark (Maiden FTW), but this movie kept me on my tows the whole time. Its a horror movie that doesnt rely on blood and guts but reallies on a freaky story.

watch it!!!
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6699|Devon, England
You have a TOW?!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

https://i.imgur.com/k2XEm.jpg

It makes you wonder what goes through the mind of someone with such passion and desire for risk. There is a lot of heart in this docu. It's well constructed, taking you through all of the challenges Petit faced in his quest to conquer this extraordinary feat. Highly entertaining, and compelling. I could watch it again. I do recommend it.
7.5/10

Next up
https://i.imgur.com/v9Sfc.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6784|Moscow, Russia
restrepo: /10

i didn't get it at all. is it a documentary? a patriotic/propagandist piece? a live show? it utterly fails in all those cases. dunno what to make of it.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6584|London
It's a documentary. I also failed to find it interesting.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam
Léon the professional.

8.5/10
Heard so much about it and how good it was, figured I would finally get to watching it. I wasn't dissapointed (because of the high expectations, I sort of expected to be), but i wasn't blown away by it either.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam

Shahter wrote:

restrepo: /10

i didn't get it at all. is it a documentary? a patriotic/propagandist piece? a live show? it utterly fails in all those cases. dunno what to make of it.
I kind of liked it, but they said it would be as good as the hurt locker. But IRL! It didn't turn out to be a good action/war movie like the hurt locker because you don't really see anything in it. But it was a decent wardocumentary. I give it a 7.5/10
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam

Freezer7Pro wrote:

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

3/10.

Complete garbage compared to the first one. Should've expected no more from a Disney sequel.
I saw that piece of garbage in a sneak preview in the cinema here (meaning: I didn't know what movie i was gonna watch). Now I haven't seen the first one, but I was already dissapointed when I saw the disney logo and the entire time everybody in there just laughed at how retarded the movie was. 2/10 for the movie 8/10 for the lolling in the cinema
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Still haven't seen Prince Caspian. I've heard stuff from book and movie fans that make me shudder.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Still haven't seen Prince Caspian. I've heard stuff from book and movie fans that make me shudder.
it is utterly fucking terrible.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6363
" The Battle of Britain " I just finished that book by Korba, who lives near me. I knew I had it and dug it out.

9.5 but needs CGI update in special effects. Loved it.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2011-01-25 11:49:22)

PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6200|Roma
Boiler room - 8/10
Vin diesel actually almost played a roll where he acted well. Not a main character, mind.
Good Stock market film.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam

FatherTed wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

it is utterly fucking terrible.
Spot on
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6309
green hornet.

Friends loved it.  I didnt even find it funny.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Prince Caspian - 5/10

Guess I did watch it, but I forgot all about it. Someday, I'm going to have to sit through the promised horrors of Voyage.

@backup: didn't know that was out yet
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6546|Long Island, New York

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Boiler room - 8/10
Vin diesel actually almost played a roll where he acted well. Not a main character, mind.
Good Stock market film.
One of my favorites. I have a poster up in my dorm.

Giovanni Ribisi is an excellent actor if given the correct role.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6363

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Hot Fuzz - fun as usual
really fun if you also saw all the dumb movies they parodied in it " punch that shit "
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6506

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Hot Fuzz - fun as usual
really fun if you also saw all the dumb movies they parodied in it " punch that shit "
wow hunter/munter, you*re just swearing like a sailor lately

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6690|Disaster Free Zone
Tomorrow when the war began.

About a 7. Pretty good. Not so sure about the judicial use of firearms though, especially in the very last scenes monologue. If you'd read the books, you'd know they don't even take firearms on their mission for the first 2 books and never had access to an RPG. Everything they did, used stealth and gorilla tactics, not the rambo shit the ending suggests.

All I can say is the movie is worth watching, and I hope they make the sequels. But the books are much better.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4851|Amsterdam
I watched Splice a while ago, but i still found it worth mentioning here. I read some comments about it and how weird it got near the end and I thought that it were just abunch of conservative people being scared of genetic experiments. So naturally I felt challenged and I watched it. I'll put it this way: It did not dissapoint. I can describe it as a sci-fi movie but also as interspecies erotica or bestiality or whatever you want to call it..... I felt dirty after watching it. Also, the story and the characters weren't that great.

5/10

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard