Hunter/Jumper
+117|6372

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

no no.  you are dodging the point.

guilt is not a punishment per our system.
Yes, but it is a consideration.  For example, cases like this one usually involve a jury claiming "time served."

I know I'd do that for this guy, because it's not like he'll ever make this mistake again.
In Switzerland some guy from our school with 5 others friends thought it would be a good idea to go smoke pot and drink a lot, then go to another bar and smoke pot and drink a lot the same night. On the way home (he was driving) he went over a cliff and they landed on the roof of the car. 3 people died, 2 seriously injured (one dead was his brother), he didn't have a scratch. They put him in jail and let him out waaaay early (2 years later).

Now he cannot live with the guilt. He said in prison he felt ok because it felt like at least he was being punished for it.

I'm just trying to say that guilt is pretty rough.
on humans - not on animals. you should meet some of the people we have incarcerated.
mcjagdflieger
Champion of Dueling Rectums
+26|6328|South Jersey
http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/hamp … izilj-case

Dunno if posted yet, but looks like the guys who brought the full auto's to the show aren't being charged, as well as the ex-police chief being acquitted of involuntary manslaughter and furnishing a machine gun to minor. Relief to see some sanity in the courts.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5053|Massachusetts, USA

mcjagdflieger wrote:

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/hampden/Charges-being-dropped-in-Bizilj-case

Dunno if posted yet, but looks like the guys who brought the full auto's to the show aren't being charged, as well as the ex-police chief being acquitted of involuntary manslaughter and furnishing a machine gun to minor. Relief to see some sanity in the courts.
Lolz, WWLP is such a shitty local news source. Their staff is full retard sometimes. Frankly, the only one who should have been charged was the dad, if he was so goddamn insistant on it then he should pay the price.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
mcjagdflieger
Champion of Dueling Rectums
+26|6328|South Jersey
Agreed on the dad point, for sure. Prosecutor said he has suffered enough? But not the other witnesses, apparently, according to him. I've read elsewhere (rumors) that the dad, after forcing the 15 yr old range officer to let his son shoot it, the child couldn't engage the grip safety, he was too weak. So they tied a rubber band around it to bypass it?

Another that I again, don't have an actual source for, was that the divorced parents sued the shooting club, chief, and guys who provided the uzi. This was supposedly settled for around $700,000. I would like to retract my previous statement of sanity in the courts. They fucking gave the people most responsible, IMO, money. Thats not sanity or justice. At least it was an insurance company's payout and not tax dollars wasted locking up innocent people.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6147|North Tonawanda, NY

mcjagdflieger wrote:

Agreed on the dad point, for sure. Prosecutor said he has suffered enough? But not the other witnesses, apparently, according to him. I've read elsewhere (rumors) that the dad, after forcing the 15 yr old range officer to let his son shoot it, the child couldn't engage the grip safety, he was too weak. So they tied a rubber band around it to bypass it?

Another that I again, don't have an actual source for, was that the divorced parents sued the shooting club, chief, and guys who provided the uzi. This was supposedly settled for around $700,000. I would like to retract my previous statement of sanity in the courts. They fucking gave the people most responsible, IMO, money. Thats not sanity or justice. At least it was an insurance company's payout and not tax dollars wasted locking up innocent people.
Tax dollars were wasted on the civil suit though. 
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6422|North Carolina

mcjagdflieger wrote:

Ok I take back what I said...   Shoot the fucking parents.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard