+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
darkie
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5238|Cleveland, Ohio

JohnG@lt wrote:

Nic wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I get so sad when I walk into a bar and all I see is Bud, Bud Light, Coors Light, Sam Adams and Stella
I heard Sam Adams was alright, still haven't tried it though.
It's ok. There's just about a million other beers I'd rather drink before it. I'm a beer snob though
wtf is a beer snob?

and sam adams is awesome
13/f/taiwan
+940|5700

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

fuck u u newport (cigarette slave lol!!!)
They sell Newport Reds in Pennsylvania. I was confused.
I think I've seen those. It's not a damn newport if it doesn't have menthol.

I'm itchin' for an American Spirit right now though...
2 months ago the rep. from the Newport company came in and told us we had to sell Newport Reds(it's non-menthol). She told us that they were out for months and the local wholesalers should have informed us about it. We had to buy 2 cartoons of shorts and 100s. So far we only sold 10 all together and that was because they were two dollars cheaper then the menthol brand.

Apparently our Mayor is trying to get rid of all flavored tobacco products. He already got around 80% of them off the shelves. So the company is trying to find new ways at covering all it's loses. The rep. told us that they will definitely raise the prices all over the nation. If this actually happens lots of people will go unemployed.

And this guy wants to be President in 2012. Please don't let him in office America.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD
Yeah, Adolf Bloomberg hates tobacco to say the least. I feel sorry for NYC.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
and yeah they always seem to do those $2 off deals on new products. Doesn't change the fact that if you want a regular cigarette you're better off with Marlboro or Camel.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

They sell Newport Reds in Pennsylvania. I was confused.
I think I've seen those. It's not a damn newport if it doesn't have menthol.

I'm itchin' for an American Spirit right now though...
2 months ago the rep. from the Newport company came in and told us we had to sell Newport Reds(it's non-menthol). She told us that they were out for months and the local wholesalers should have informed us about it. We had to buy 2 cartoons of shorts and 100s. So far we only sold 10 all together and that was because they were two dollars cheaper then the menthol brand.

Apparently our Mayor is trying to get rid of all flavored tobacco products. He already got around 80% of them off the shelves. So the company is trying to find new ways at covering all it's loses. The rep. told us that they will definitely raise the prices all over the nation. If this actually happens lots of people will go unemployed.

And this guy wants to be President in 2012. Please don't let him in office America.
Hasn't Bloomberg already stated he's not running in 2012?
13/f/taiwan
+940|5700
i don't buy it.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

11 Bravo wrote:

sam adams is awesome
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Nic wrote:

I heard Sam Adams was alright, still haven't tried it though.
It's ok. There's just about a million other beers I'd rather drink before it. I'm a beer snob though
wtf is a beer snob?

and sam adams is awesome
At its worst, a beer snob is a person who will ONLY drink microbrew beers and would rather be the designated driver than take a sip of anything less than, say, Dogfish Head (which I don't think is even microbrew anymore but whatever).
CC-Marley
+407|6829
I hate those people. "Is that all you have"? I usually move to the next person and get back "when I can".
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
so you guys dont want to let a guy be president because he is actually doing something to make tabbacco less atainable? Whats wrong with that? Yeah I get it there's a lot of smokers but it does a lot more good than harm.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6192|Roma
S,o Alcohol genius's, why do I throw up the morning after a heavy night when my stomach is empty? And then keep throwing up for at least half a day.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
CC-Marley
+407|6829
Because you drank too much. Or you're a big pussy.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Adams_BJ wrote:

so you guys dont want to let a guy be president because he is actually doing something to make tabbacco less atainable? Whats wrong with that? Yeah I get it there's a lot of smokers but it does a lot more good than harm.
True. I'll be honest, if cigarettes cost $20 a pack I probably would never buy 'em. But it certainly wouldn't be fair to poor people, who are more likely to smoke. A strong addiction to nicotine is pretty damn hard to break.

I just don't get why they're targeting menthols now. I myself started with a pack of Marlboro Reds... probably the most recognizable cigarettes in the world.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I used to take a couple of ripped fuels before we went out drinking .. that was back when they had ephedrine in them. So the 4 loko experience is just kinda meh. Most of it is hype.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Defiance
+438|6672

PrivateVendetta wrote:

S,o Alcohol genius's, why do I throw up the morning after a heavy night when my stomach is empty? And then keep throwing up for at least half a day.
Because your stomach is empty, or especially because you're thirsty. Start on a full stomach, keep snacking, and drink water. Or, try not getting so pissed.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Because alcohol is treated like poison and your body is trying to get rid of it. If he had food in him normally there would be slower absorption and his body would have another vehicle to shuttle it out of his system. .. yes alcohol is also eliminated through feces . So the less food you have in you the more efficient your body absorbs the alcohol. .. and thus the effects are quicker/harder. When that happens your body enters panic mode and vomiting is induced. It's a pretty amazing thing when you think about it. Your body does this all on it's own, without the need to think about it. Your body is trying to save your life despite the very conscious decision your brain made.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
After a noble decision to sacrifice the health of my body this weekend and field test my theory of water reducing hangovers, I have concluded that it is valid and thus is recommended to all heavy drinkers regardless of their age or race.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6325|Graz, Austria

Kmar wrote:

Because alcohol is treated like poison
Actually, ethanal, the first decomposition product of ethanol, is 10-30 more toxic.
Also, fusel alcohols are the cause for a lot of symptoms of a hangover too, so you should drink clear, distilled spirits instead of beer, wine and other gruesome stuff.

IMO the best things to help with a hangover:
  • a lot of mineral water (rehydration and salts)
  • 1g of acetylsalicylic acid (analgetic and blood thinning)
  • magnesium (against the cramps)
  • sleep
  • time

In fact, you should already take the magnesium and aspirin before you go to sleep and keep a bottle of mineral water next to your be. (Next to the sick bucket.)
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

globefish23 wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Because alcohol is treated like poison and your body is trying to get rid of it. If he had food in him normally there would be slower absorption and his body would have another vehicle to shuttle it out of his system. .. yes alcohol is also eliminated through feces . So the less food you have in you the more efficient your body absorbs the alcohol. .. and thus the effects are quicker/harder. When that happens your body enters panic mode and vomiting is induced. It's a pretty amazing thing when you think about it. Your body does this all on it's own, without the need to think about it. Your body is trying to save your life despite the very conscious decision your brain made.
Actually, ethanal, the first decomposition product of ethanol, is 10-30 more toxic.
Also, fusel alcohols are the cause for a lot of symptoms of a hangover too, so you should drink clear, distilled spirits instead of beer, wine and other gruesome stuff.

• sleep
  • time

In fact, you should already take the magnesium and aspirin before you go to sleep and keep a bottle of mineral water next to your be. (Next to the sick bucket.)
Treated like poison in that your body is rejecting it. I put the rest of my text back in your quote for context. It matters.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

globefish23 wrote:

Kmar wrote:

• sleep
  • time

I'm curious as to whether the rest of your post is as bad an idea as taking aspirin whilst you have alcohol in your system. It will fuck up your liver, don't do it. Ibuprofen is a much safer option.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
i used to take magnesium when bingeing on drugs because they would fuck your joints up with all the cramping/tensing

not sure why you think you'd need it for alcohol... do you gurn when drunk?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

ghettoperson wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

Kmar wrote:

• sleep
  • time

I'm curious as to whether the rest of your post is as bad an idea as taking aspirin whilst you have alcohol in your system. It will fuck up your liver, don't do it. Ibuprofen is a much safer option.
I agree. That seemed a little funny to me also.

https://i.imgur.com/tu9bY.jpg
It also makes sense that it would be bad for your liver in conjunction with alcohol.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5238|Cleveland, Ohio

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

wtf is a beer snob?

and sam adams is awesome
At its worst, a beer snob is a person who will ONLY drink microbrew beers and would rather be the designated driver than take a sip of anything less than, say, Dogfish Head (which I don't think is even microbrew anymore but whatever).
i hate people who think they are special because they drink some microbrew.  get over yourselves.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Adams_BJ wrote:

You are obviously a lot more used to, and receptive to, nanny statism than Americans are. We generally dislike being told what to do, especially by the government.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard