Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5720|College Park, MD

Nic wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Nic wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure the family did nothing to convince him they were Americans...
The guys goes on his land to find illegals. If they were on his land and had no ID to prove they were U.S. I'm sure you can understand his confusion.

I could walk across the Mexican border into his place with my Swiss ID, speak perfect English and do you think they'd believe me? lol
From the incident:

On Oct. 30, 2004, Ronald Morales and his father, Arturo, were deer hunting with Ronald's two daughters, who were 11 and 9 at the time, and another 11-year-old girl. All members of the family are Mexican-Americans born in the United States.

Barnett spotted the family's pickup truck through binoculars and radioed his brother, Donald, asking him to investigate. Ronald Morales and one of his daughters were still out hunting when Donald Barnett made contact with others in the party at their truck, informed them they were on Barnett property and asked them to leave.

By the time Ronald Morales and his daughter returned to the truck, Roger Barnett had arrived and was, by all accounts, livid.

According to witness testimony, Roger Barnett erupted in flurry of profanities and racial epithets, calling the two men and three young girls dirty, ignorant Mexicans. When Ronald Morales asked, "What is your name, sir?" Roger Barnett marched over to his truck, and pulled out an AR-15 assault rifle.

"He said, 'My f---ing name is Roger Barnett. If you don't get off my property, I'm gonna shoot you and shoot you and shoot you,' " Morales testified.

"When I heard the bullet chamber I knew then that we were really in trouble. All he had to do was pull that trigger and spray us."

According to a psychiatrist who testified at the trial, all three children suffer from chronic Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as a result of the encounter. The lawsuit sought punitive damages for negligence, false imprisonment and emotional distress.

Source:
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/n … sored-suit

You're right shifty, hes a true hero.
sounds like the kind o' guy who'd love to kill a Mexican just for the sake of it
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6515

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I don't dislike Muslims or Catholics in general.
just individually, amirite?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5492|Ventura, California

burnzz wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I don't dislike Muslims or Catholics in general.
just individually, amirite?

I only dislike people if they do something dislikeable.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6463|The Land of Scott Walker
"Attorneys for the immigrants - five women and 11 men who were trying to cross illegally into the United States - have accused Mr. Barnett of holding the group captive at gunpoint, threatening to turn his dog loose on them and saying he would shoot anyone who tried to escape."

How dare he impede their civil right to break the law and enter our country!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6171|what

Stingray24 wrote:

"Attorneys for the immigrants - five women and 11 men who were trying to cross illegally into the United States - have accused Mr. Barnett of holding the group captive at gunpoint, threatening to turn his dog loose on them and saying he would shoot anyone who tried to escape."

Shooting anyone who tried to escape is a little extreme don't you think?

By all means defend your propety, but shooting someone attempting to flee your propety?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6739|Sydney, Australia

Nic wrote:

mcminty wrote:

What's with the recent devolution of threads around here?

Does anyone know what has happened with those legal proceedings in the OP over the last 7 months?
found this:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/200 … ghts-case/
Thanks
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6677|BC, Canada

mcminty wrote:

Nic wrote:

mcminty wrote:

What's with the recent devolution of threads around here?

Does anyone know what has happened with those legal proceedings in the OP over the last 7 months?
found this:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/200 … ghts-case/
Thanks
Welcome
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6463|The Land of Scott Walker

AussieReaper wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

By all means defend your propety, but shooting someone attempting to flee your propety?
Yes, if they flee, firing on them is excessive.  But the fact that a citizen has to do the work the Feds won't is pathetic.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6677|BC, Canada

Stingray24 wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Yes, if they flee, firing on them is excessive.  But the fact that a citizen has to do the work the Feds won't is pathetic.
Agreed.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6171|what

Of course he shouldn't have to do the work of the Feds, but I still can't promote vigilantism.

Especially if this guy thinks running across the border with an assault rifle is his patriotic duty. That isn't defending your home/propety. It's rounding up what I would almost class as refugees. I do accept that there are illegals who are dangerous, but most of these people are fleeing the drug wars are worse.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5255|Cleveland, Ohio

Macbeth wrote:

If he can lease 22,000 acres of land and spend all day hunting down people on it a 100 grand probably isn't too much of a worry.
dont hide from the arizona thread...go admit your mistakes
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6124|eXtreme to the maX

Stingray24 wrote:

So its the Feds job to shoot at people in the desert?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
11 Bravo
Banned
yes
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Ah OK, shoot first, clean up the bodies later - I get it.
11 Bravo
Banned
correct
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
IIRC Police aren't Judge, Judy and Executioner - they're supposed to arrest people they suspect of a crime, not just shoot them dead.
11 Bravo
Banned
no
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
OK, show me the law which says the fuzz can shoot on sight people they suspect of a non-violent crime.
11 Bravo
Banned
cba
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its because you're so fat, if you were thinner you'd have more energy.
11 Bravo
Banned
yes
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
dilderp is failing at not being trolled
13/f/taiwan
+940|5717
police may use the amount of force necessary to effectuate a lawful arrest. they're not allowed to shoot anyone they believe(probably cause) has committed a felony UNLESS they reasonably believe that person poses a deadly threat to the officer or others.

TENNESSEE v. GARNER, 471 U.S. 1 (1985)
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
He poses a thread to America as an illegal immigrant.

SHOOT HIM SHOOT HIM
mcjagdflieger
Champion of Dueling Rectums
+26|6329|South Jersey
Serious question here....is it not a felony to enter the country illegally? Not saying I advocate shooting illegals, just need clarification on specifics.

Ed. NVM, I learnededed all by meself. Apparently its a misdemeanor, and if repeated, then punishable as a felony. But at the same time entering without being legally documented, or entering legally, and overstaying your visa, is deportable. But we don't deport them (most i guess, not all). Kudos to this man, wish more disgustingly rich folk with plenty of time, would buy up all property along the border and hunt the most dangerous game. Shame they need to do it in the first place, granted.

Last edited by mcjagdflieger (2011-01-12 23:41:42)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard