stylus
+0|6774
hey guys just need some tips for engineer, ive mainly used engineer in commander mode but not much in the battlefield, was wondering wat good tactics i can pull for engineer ie where to place mines etc.. cheers! btw i dun have the unlock for it..

I'm going to get my vet engineer badge in about 3 hours, so quick responses would b appreciated
i have one word for you "chopper" stay in it at all times until you get the unlock for eng then you can go rogue. by staying in the chopper you'll get eng badge and perhaps the chopper badge and you'll get hella points and stuff like that.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

stylus wrote:

hey guys just need some tips for engineer, ive mainly used engineer in commander mode but not much in the battlefield, was wondering wat good tactics i can pull for engineer ie where to place mines etc.. cheers! btw i dun have the unlock for it..

I'm going to get my vet engineer badge in about 3 hours, so quick responses would b appreciated
Mines: Stick em where the enemy usually goes but your friends do not. You can go rogue into an enemy base and mine vehicles if you have a supply box handy. Try tossing them out the side of a Blackhawk for some DFA (without hitting your ride). You can toss mines like friendly frisbees off of buildings and have them land about 20 yards from the base of it. If you're using them to booby trap stuff, hide them in bushes or something so an enemy vehicle will be less likely to hang back and blow them up.

Repairs: Pair up with another engineer and grab some armor. Stick close to one another and you'll repair eachother. If you're a hang-back-and-camp commander, get the engineer package (if your uncapturable base isn't being harassed by air power) and repair any assets that go down. If you're a passenger in the chopper, make sure you have a space open to hop to a non-gunner seat so you can wrench a rotor back on. If you're a passenger in an armored vehicle and you get into a fight with more armor, you can hop out and use your friendly armor as cover while repairing it. You can also follow friendly armor around in some sort of transport for auto repairs. Also, if you're flying a chopper around while being an engineer, you can hover over friendly armor to repair it. Risky, though.

I've seen three tanks and an APC sit in the middle of an intersection with a supply box while taking a shower of AT nerf missiles without smoking because all drivers were engineers...

Primary weapon: The standard pump action or semi auto shotguns are nice. Make sure you lead your targets a bit when firing if they're running perpendicular to where you're facing. Don't try for long range unless you're fairly sure that they're weak, or you have no other choice. The engineer unlock is nice, and can allow for around 5 or 6 kills before you have to dive for cover.

Pistol: Even though it isn't silenced, the standard, clunky, loud pistol can do alot of damage in the right hands. Fire from high ground from a crouched or prone position. Allow a half-second between shots to steady your aim. I ran out of pistol ammo and racked up a 21-killing spree while defending the construction site in Sharqi Peninsula in this manner.

Use your grenades!

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2005-10-23 01:59:03)

stylus
+0|6774
Awesome thanks for the help guys.. i'll defenetly be using a vehicle to appraoch enemies whilst repairing and earning points. I had a problem last night when i was in a chopper with a pilot whilst being an engineer.  I was using the gunner seat then when it was damaged i changed to f4 and tried to repair the chopper however it wouldnt allow me to, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't im not 100% sure why thats the case
WormGuts
+17|6802|Dayton, Ohio
I suggest starting by reading this thread http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=2399 that pretty much covers what you may need to learn about engi...let us know if you come across any fun tricks.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6836|Australia
use your mines like c4.... drop them in allys and toss a nade at 'em
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6782|NRW,Germany

stylus wrote:

I had a problem last night when i was in a chopper with a pilot whilst being an engineer.  I was using the gunner seat then when it was damaged i changed to f4 and tried to repair the chopper however it wouldnt allow me to, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't im not 100% sure why thats the case
You have to "aim" at something inside the chopper. Best is when you look down and inside then you get this double rings telling you that you can start repairing.
WormGuts
+17|6802|Dayton, Ohio
you can't use an engi wrench as a gunner in any kind of helo.  you can only use the wrench in b.hawks and the chinese and MEC equivalents, and only when you are at one of the doors or windows...NOT gunning.
Lawk
+2|6782

Tigg@lot wrote:

stylus wrote:

I had a problem last night when i was in a chopper with a pilot whilst being an engineer.  I was using the gunner seat then when it was damaged i changed to f4 and tried to repair the chopper however it wouldnt allow me to, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't im not 100% sure why thats the case
You have to "aim" at something inside the chopper. Best is when you look down and inside then you get this double rings telling you that you can start repairing.
Nah, it is a problem/glitch. Its happened to me.  The helo is damaged, but will not allow me to repair it from the position i would normally.  If the helo lands and i exit i can repair it from the outside.  Once the helo is fully repaired, usually it will let me repair it from the inside again after further damage. Wierd
deject
Got His War On
+37|6782|Golden, CO
Be VERY careful when using mines because your idiot teammates WILL run over them.  Nothing is worse then placing ONE mine in the middle of an exit to keep out an APC that's atacking your CP and then have a teammate drive a FAV right over it, giving you an instane -8 points if there's a passenger.  I recommend only using mines if you absolutely know there's going to be an enemy going through there (like those front roads in Karkand) or if you're in an enemy base.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6836|Australia
or like i said use them as c4 against troops. you can use them to destroy commander stuff to.
stylus
+0|6774
sweet, well i just got my eng vet badge   i set my mines up as usual and just took down a few tanks with a few people in it, was fantastic lol.  That was on Songhua Stalemate one of the best maps for engineers .

Last edited by stylus (2005-10-24 18:28:19)

(EWC)Zenine
Zibst3rZ
+1|6778
Try Wake Island. Great fUn for EngYs.
morbesso666
+0|6772|Givataim, Israel
thanks alot u help me abit...

"Not too much strategy here; they turn yellow, you turn 'em white again. "
lol like pee
Lawk
+2|6782
Damn Morbesso, you kick ass.
stylus
+0|6774
Oh yeah does anyone have a trick in order to obtain the veteran repair badge?
nzjafa
+2|6774
i know what you mean about the glitch, its happened to me before too. i'm trying to get the veteran repair so any tips would also be appreciated. cheers
onthelam
+0|6775
Vet repair? I wasn't trying for it, but playing on Gulf of Oman as commander, in a buggy or apc most of the time passively repairing while scanning/spotting etcetera.
There were some guys steadily, well more like aggressively coming to the base to blow the assets and getting the job done very well. Anyway, by parking between the artiillery and next to the radar/uav while I did the commander stuff I ammassed 21 repair points in the round and got Vet repair as well as vet command.
I have never got more than 10 in a round prior to that time, and have not since. I don't think that turning the wrench by hand is a very good way to go about it, if you can fix more than one thing at a time jsut by parking next to them, then the points come twice as fast.
Also to note, I did not drop supply boxes next to any asset at any time during the round.
Good Luck!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard