presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5931|Places 'n such
Yup, it would require a completely new method of fuelling and a complete redesign of everything involved. Would love to see another effort similar to the moon race but this time for mars, will never happen though
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6100|North Tonawanda, NY

AussieReaper wrote:

loubot wrote:

In order to contract the spacetime (in front of craft), an object's mass has to be highly dense. /insert yomomma jokes here
Artificial black hole would be able to do this.

We already have created artificial black holes.
We have?

http://cms.web.cern.ch/cms/News/2010/Mi … index.html
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51

presidentsheep wrote:

Yup, it would require a completely new method of fuelling and a complete redesign of everything involved. Would love to see another effort similar to the moon race but this time for mars, will never happen though
Should rowl up China in order for that too happen. But still race or no race, I'd like to see a human mission to Mars.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5931|Places 'n such

RDMC wrote:

presidentsheep wrote:

Should rowl up China in order for that too happen. But still race or no race, I'd like to see a human mission to Mars.
Apparently it's possible to achieve within our lifetimes, something i'd love to see happen. Imagine the amount of schoolkids that would be inspired to become engineers and scientists.
RDMC
+736|6535|Area 51

presidentsheep wrote:

RDMC wrote:

presidentsheep wrote:

Apparently it's possible to achieve within our lifetimes, something i'd love to see happen. Imagine the amount of schoolkids that would be inspired to become engineers and scientists.
Pretty neat
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
n00bs

All we have to do is find a Stargate..

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5931|Places 'n such

FloppY_ wrote:

n00bs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj4jYFyt … re=related
Now that's an interesting area of physics, Travelling in space and time is theoretically possible with wormholes
FloppY_
­

presidentsheep wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

n00bs

Now that's an interesting area of physics, Travelling in space and time is theoretically possible with wormholes
Problem is there is no way to know where you end up and no way to know if you can get back...

making it kinda hard to prove it works...
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5931|Places 'n such

FloppY_ wrote:

presidentsheep wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

n00bs

Problem is there is no way to know where you end up and no way to know if you can get back...

form what i remember its possible to predict these things, stephen hawking did a lot on it.
FloppY_
­

presidentsheep wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

presidentsheep wrote:

form what i remember its possible to predict these things, stephen hawking did a lot on it.
Meh, untill it's done there is no way to know...

We once thought earth was flat too...
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6687|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
One of my astronomy profs explained this thing once, and I get the basic concept behind it and how it doesn't actually violate the laws of physics, though it's kind of hard to explain.  I might try later once I've thought about it.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH

FloppY_ wrote:

n00bs

Almost forgot but this post reminded me of your claim of watching the entire SG1 series (nonstop). Which EE Chat was it.....lez see.
FloppY_
­

loubot wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

n00bs

Almost forgot but this post reminded me of your claim of watching the entire SG1 series (nonstop). Which EE Chat was it.....lez see.
Not nonstop, I slept in between... it was Summer holiday, so july or august.. And that was after Atlantis and before season one of Universe
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH

FloppY_ wrote:

loubot wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

n00bs

Not nonstop, I slept in between... it was Summer holiday, so july or august.. And that was after Atlantis and before season one of Universe
baby jesus weeps throughout the interdimensional universe that I knew this fact.

/wrists
FloppY_
­

loubot wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

loubot wrote:

baby jesus weeps throughout the interdimensional universe that I knew this fact.

/wrists
If it helps you, I am going to watch season two of Universe as soon as the last episode has aired,, can't wait tbh...
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6713|Reality
being a trekker, this sounds a lot like impulse drive. Imagine ripping off Gene Roddenbury! The nerve!
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6526|Kent, UK

Stubbee wrote:

being a trekker, this sounds a lot like impulse drive. Imagine ripping off Gene Roddenbury! The nerve!
You mean it sounds like the Warp Drive?
Impulse drive is for sub-light-speed travel.

Last edited by Buckles (2011-01-12 11:20:14)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Buckles wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Then what the hell is trans-warp drive that the Borg use?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
RDMC
+736|6535|Area 51

AussieReaper wrote:

Buckles wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Think trans-warp drive allowed them to create tunnels through time and space I think. Making the entrance at their current position and for instance making the exit near earth.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6526|Kent, UK

RDMC wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Buckles wrote:

Think trans-warp drive allowed them to create tunnels through time and space I think. Making the entrance at their current position and for instance making the exit near earth.
This.
CC-Marley
+407|6799
What about fluidic space?
RDMC
+736|6535|Area 51

CC-Marley wrote:

The Borg became aware of fluidic space in 2373, and utilized a series of quantum singularities as interdimensional rifts in order to access the realm.
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Fluidic_space
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

But what about the Prophets in the Bajoran wormhole?

If we find a wormhole are we also going to have to deal with the asshole owners of it?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5931|Places 'n such

CC-Marley wrote:

wait, what?
I've only just got my head round the fact it isnt flat and its stretchy... now its a fluid
The physics! Oh god!
Cash 'N Prizes
we get in what we fit in 'round here
+18|5349|Toledo, Ohio
i read all of it, and i was able to comprehend all of the information displayed. my head now hurts and im angry. time to go to a shrink.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard