bob_baur
+5|6802|UK
I've got an Atari ST ROM emulator installed and loving Sensible Soccer again. Did have a spectrum one but the games are far to old though knightlore is still a little cracker!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6663|949

Horseman 77 wrote:

My Gfs machine has Windows 95. I play " Command and Conquer Yuris Revenge"  " Age of Empires" " and Alien vs Predator"   on it

Woof ! Cant wait for Fios in my New Giant Ass House !
C&C is awesome, still one of the best RTS' in my opinion.  I still play a little Warcraft 3 from time to time, thats about as far as I go though.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6759|Honolulu, HI
Games I've played at least once this year include Civilization II, Baldur's Gate, Warcraft II, Starcraft, Counter-Strike ('99 counts as old technology-wise in my opinion ), and a handful of Infocom text adventures.  For a long time I had a really shitty Apple laptop (pre-G3) that could only run titles like these so I got a lot of play time on them up until recently.  Good stuff though.
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6736|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

Quake, Doom sometimes....
Also I had a good collection of good old DOS games but my HD suddenly died. Sad.
Sorry man, those games were amazing... anyont think of lemmings? no?
ssj3barua
+55|6720|Indianapolis, IN, U.S.
Homeworld 1
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6648|UCF
Total Annihilation + 2 expansion packs FTW!
uber73
+188|6783|Brisbane
I have a commodore64, in working order... i play paradroid a few times a year, raid over moscow, thing on a spring, cauldron.. takes me back.

as for pc...?

mohaa occasionally, but regularly, F1 Challenge 99-02- not that old, but still.,..
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6724
The oldest games i still play (well maybe once every 7 months lol) are AvP:2, Sonic and Knuckles Collection (Sonic is teh 5h1t)
TAW_Zeus
King of the Gods
+5|6807|Mount Olympus
I was just playing Desert Strike on my old Sega Genisis. Do I win?
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6736|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

Superior Mind wrote:

The oldest games i still play (well maybe once every 7 months lol) are AvP:2, Sonic and Knuckles Collection (Sonic is teh 5h1t)
I would have to say knuckles is much better.
Chaos81
+5|6720
Falcon 4.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6746|US
Super Breakout, what an astonishingly simple, but fun game.  Although, I play BF2 more now.
Mortifed_Kangaroo
+4|6623|Sydney Australia
an old DOS based game called Mahjong
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6740|Charlie One Alpha
The Elder Scrolls Arena / Fallout / Doom
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6740|England. Stoke
i still occasionally crack out my Amiga 500+ and play stuff like Wing Commander (one of my all time favourites) syndicate, cannon fodder and Moonstone (brill game)
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6685
Home of the Underdogs FTW

New site up now at: http://www.the-underdogs.info/

EDIT: Nothing like WinUAE or DosBox for those truly old skool moments.  Still never finished the first 11 planets of Captive

EDIT: I'm working through the Lucasarts games using ScummVM on my mobile phone at the moment.. passes the time on trains after I got bored of (read stuck) the Zelda Oracle games (also on mobile phone emulator).  Also been playing Ghost and Goblins, no one can tell me that Battlefield is anywhere near as hard as that game.. Japanese version revision G .  I've got half the underdogs about the place, and several DVDs full of old games.

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-05-10 17:23:48)

Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6732|MoVal So-Cal
Duke nukem 3d and Red alert 1
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6675
panzer general
oberst_enzian
+234|6774|melb.au

Flecco wrote:

coke wrote:

Close Combat: A Bridge Too Far, and old yet still excellent game, anyone into tactical and strategic games should own this, just like i own the SS playing as the Allies!!!   
I wish I could find a copy of that game... ...
I've got a copy. PM me a postal address and I'll mail it to you - I was going to sell it at a garage sale, but didn't end up having it. If I could find a good home for it...

edit: I also have the third one if you're interested.

edit: or you can get it from underdogs it seems http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?gameid=4099

edit: I'm a sudden strike man myself, 1 & 2.

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-05-10 17:39:57)

Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6723|Calgary

IkoShinra264 wrote:

coke wrote:

Close Combat: A Bridge Too Far, and old yet still excellent game, anyone into tactical and strategic games should own this, just like i own the SS playing as the Allies!!!   
Close Combat III: The Russian Front for me. I know there was too many tanks but it's still class.

Ground Control
Civ III (does that count as old?)
lol...me too.  that game rocks, as primitive as it is.

PS. I played the demo when it was first released.......
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6710|Broadlands, VA
I actually loaded and played LucasArts X-Wing.

Other than that; CIV III, AoE Conquerers, C&C Tiberian Sun.
Capt. Foley
+155|6619|Allentown, PA, USA

topthrill05 wrote:

Black Hawk Down...... This game lead me too BF2.
BHD sucked, every weapon besides the support MGs was extremly accurate, no reason at all 2 use a sniper rifle, just take a CAR15/M203 and u would destroy EVERYONE
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6622|Your attic
Ahh, back in the days of 95/98, don't know which of these is the oldest, so here goes
C&C Red Alert, still got it now, can't get it to work on my new machine
Theme Hospital, ahh the bloaty head popper thingy
Rainbow 6: Rogue Spear (began my love of first person shooters)

Oldest game I've ever played is pong, on one of the orginal boxes, with little dials to move and everything, think I might have that somewhere actually.
Breadman
+27|6764|Southern New Jersey
I break out the sega cd  every now and then. To pwn the bad guys in Lethal Enforcers with my baby blue 44 magnum. It's even better now since I'm playing it on the 60inch widescreen. Shit I have to go and play it now. Since making this got me in the mood to pwn some bad guys. The robbers in the bank better look out.

For pc Quake 2 and 3 every once in awhile

Last edited by Breadman (2006-05-10 17:49:20)

[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6777

No game will ever hold a candle to Age of Empires AoC expansion. Age of Kings (same series) was awesome too, but most people play the last expansion which is extremely similar and honestly the best game I have ever played. I have more hours on that game then I want to think about.

Edit: PS the newer releases in the series were an extreme disappointment compared to the original. I would have glady forked over 200 dollars for a minor tweak/reskin to AoC it remains that damn good.

Last edited by [CANADA]_Zenmaster (2006-05-10 17:51:23)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard