Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4968|Dundee, Scotland.

Winston_Churchill wrote:

yeah the storm really shouldnt have been made.  thankfully theyve learned from their mistake.

ive had an iphone, samsung instinct (touchscreens) and now the torch and can say without doubt that i like the physical keyboard much, much more.  way better accuracy and speed, plus the ability to feel the keys and therefore type without looking.  predictive text is on every smartphone... and keys arent far apart at all on physical ones... not really sure what you meant by that.
yeah, physical qwerty is the way forward.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
still want to try a dvorak keyboard
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Defiance
+438|6671

Camm wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

yeah the storm really shouldnt have been made.  thankfully theyve learned from their mistake.

ive had an iphone, samsung instinct (touchscreens) and now the torch and can say without doubt that i like the physical keyboard much, much more.  way better accuracy and speed, plus the ability to feel the keys and therefore type without looking.  predictive text is on every smartphone... and keys arent far apart at all on physical ones... not really sure what you meant by that.
yeah, physical qwerty is the way forward.
I've honestly never found one I liked. Even the G2, which is reputed to have a fantastic keyboard, just feels squishy and slow. To it's credit, it's not nearly as bad as most others I've tried, but I'm much happier with a touchscreen keyboard.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

Have you actually used it for more than 10 minutes?  I got annoyed with my dads BB keyboard but now that I use it I love it.  It takes a good week or two of solid use and then youd never go back
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
<3 the physical on my samsung i780

Not that I use it much anymore...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Predictive text on android gives you a whole list of words up top horizontally as you type. So you can just skim your finger across a variety of suggestions before the next key press. It's much better than the standard guess the next word you have on most phones. The need to "feel the keys" is simply and completely gone for me. I actually turned off haptic feedback for this reason. Once you develop the confidence to just type then you're fucking blazing fast. I type faster on my phone than I do on a PC or laptop. .. and that is saying something for me.  I've honestly never seen anyone who can come close to my speed with a physical keyboard.

TBH .. to each is own. Like burnzz suggested. Some people have a real hard time with it. That is the beauty of having so many choices nowadays. Personalization.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

and - with my particular phone, i can have both, plus all those ones Microwave posted. . .
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

burnzz wrote:

and - with my particular phone, i can have both, plus all those ones Microwave posted. . .
You have more than both .. you can download others . Some people need different setups to be efficient. It does take somewhat of a leap of faith to move to touch though. Mine was my iPod touch. If you've got a physical keyboard and you're used to it .. you'll probably stay with it. It takes some effort to master touchscreens.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

there are times (like using the phone) that i don't slide out the KB, and the droid pops up a KB for me.

i've seen the Storm2 (i've set them up @ work) and the iPhone (work, also) and i know the original Storm was a clunker.

what i do like about droid2's slide-out is both my thumbs can reach all the keys, where the onscreen KB makes me feel too cramped still.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

ahh .. well i do have a larger-than-most screen now, although I still really liked the iPod keyboard.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

btw burnzz, do you use the d-pad? That looks like a waste of space to me.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

nope, on my model it got replaced - pix soon.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6312

Kmar wrote:

although I still really liked the iPod keyboard.
The standard one? Maybe it's cause I have big hands/fingers but I find I can type faster with one hand (in portrait) than I can with two.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

burnzz wrote:

nope, on my model it got replaced - pix soon.
ahh .. must be droid 2.

ebuggerz .. landscape, always for me.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
curve 8520 keyboard is sex.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

i forgot how big my native rez was.

resized to fit

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/photos/IMG_3592.jpg
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

My laptop has just gone titties-up
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

No case? I dropped my phone for the first time, no more than an hour ago. Very glad I had a case.

I like how every spec of dust shows up when you take a picture ..lol

https://i.imgur.com/GyqQG.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6312

Camm wrote:

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Is it not turning on at all?
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

ebug9 wrote:

Camm wrote:

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

It was sleeping, then I woke it up, and it showed that it had next to no battery left, even though the cable's in... so I put it to hibernate, then a few hours later (just a few mins ago) woke it up again, same thing. Switched it off, tried to turn it on, got to the log in screen and died. Fuckedy.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

i've got a two piece molded plastic carbon-fiber wannabe case, took it off for the picture. it does add the the width, i'd forgotten how much.

i also put a clear plastic on the face, the only exposed part with the shell on is the connector port . . .
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

good good
Xbone Stormsurgezz
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6312

Camm wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Camm wrote:

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

It was sleeping, then I woke it up, and it showed that it had next to no battery left, even though the cable's in... so I put it to hibernate, then a few hours later (just a few mins ago) woke it up again, same thing. Switched it off, tried to turn it on, got to the log in screen and died. Fuckedy.
Will it work if you take the battery out and just use AC power?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

ebug9 wrote:

Camm wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Will it work if you take the battery out and just use AC power?
Right, this is always the first step. doit
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
hah, that worked. I should put the battery back in once it's on and HWmon it. +1

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard