GullyFoyle
+25|5357

FatherTed wrote:

got 4 dudes with one CG rocket, except it was delayed. so i fired at a wall, saw a damage but no kill. then like 5seconds later the kill notifcations started spamming. wuts up with that?
Kill messages seem to be populated with whatever weapon you are holding in your hands at the time the kill occurs.  My bet is you laid some mines earlier, and they paid off.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

GullyFoyle wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

got 4 dudes with one CG rocket, except it was delayed. so i fired at a wall, saw a damage but no kill. then like 5seconds later the kill notifcations started spamming. wuts up with that?
Kill messages seem to be populated with whatever weapon you are holding in your hands at the time the kill occurs.  My bet is you laid some mines earlier, and they paid off.
wrong, mines count as mines nomatter what.... Even when an enemy shoots a mine you have put down and you die from the blast, it is STILL a suicide from your AT mine...

If you shoot off a CG and switch to another weapon while it's in-flight, it will still count as a CG when it hits...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-01-07 07:08:16)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

FloppY_ wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

wrong, mines count as mines nomatter what.... Even when an enemy shoots a mine you have put down and you die from the blast, it is STILL a suicide from your AP mine...

If you shoot off a CG and switch to another weapon while it's in-flight, it will still count as a CG when it hits...
You mean AT mines amirite

Floppy is correct, you're rarely holding mines when a vehicle runs over them... and yet they still count as mine kills (I usually have the RPG/CG/AT4 out when a vehicle hits my mines)

probably you or the people you killed were lagging...
FloppY_
­

Trotskygrad wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

wrong, mines count as mines nomatter what.... Even when an enemy shoots a mine you have put down and you die from the blast, it is STILL a suicide from your AT mine...

You mean AT mines amirite

Floppy is correct, you're rarely holding mines when a vehicle runs over them... and yet they still count as mine kills (I usually have the RPG/CG/AT4 out when a vehicle hits my mines)

probably you or the people you killed were lagging...
ofc I mean AT mine

Just easier saying "mine"...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-01-07 07:07:57)

thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
oh boy that movie brings me back those were the times <3
FloppY_
­

thepilot91 wrote:

Yeh I didn't really like snoken productions after the 1st 2142 movie, they had their moments though
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

FloppY_ wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

Yeh I didn't really like snoken productions after the 1st 2142 movie, they had their moments though
yeah ,wasn't all too excited about neither 2142 nor snokens movies in 2142
FloppY_
­

thepilot91 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

I got 2142 before I got BF2 tbh :p
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

FloppY_ wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

I got 2142 before I got BF2 tbh :p
Zukabazuka
+23|6655
Well 2142 was better balanced and it had fucking mechs, Cant really go wrong with that.
FloppY_
­

Zukabazuka wrote:

Well 2142 was better balanced and it had fucking mechs, Cant really go wrong with that.
I bloody loved what they did with kits in 2142...

I particularly loved the rockets for Assault replacing the BF2 grenade launcher, it gave you a much better way of dealing with enemies above your level or behind cover...

And the fact you could crouch past claymores or shoot them with the high-powered sniper made them more balanced....

And how could you not mention sidestepping hovertanks

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-01-07 17:06:12)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Anything above 24 players (What the game was designed for, with consoles in mind) and the lag becomes dumb, that's the only word I can use. Takes a full magazine to drop anyone and in general it's all rubbish. It's more bearable if you play hardcore mode and maybe once you get magnum ammo, but enabling upto 32 players for PC is a pure gimmick and there's no way this game was ever designed for that.

Annoying me much more on PC than consoles that there's no fire modes though. How hard would it be to be able to switch between semi auto and full auto.
What?  I play almost exclusively on 32 player servers and don't really experience any server side lag.  There's some servers that are laggy in general, but I just don't play them anymore.  I have no problems on 99% of 32 player only servers.  Maybe your connection/computer sucks, or maybe you're playing on servers too far away?

I play exclusively on US west coast servers, too.
I'm pretty certain with this. I'm on an 8Mbit connection and the PC is defo not the issue. I don't experience any lag on my side, the game runs smooth whatever is thrown at this PC. I've just noticed how much worse the hitreg is when playing 32 players vs 24. Yesterday I was in a 32 slot server with about 22 people in it, I was doing well at the beginning my KDR was like 20/3 then the server started filling up and suddenly I noticed I was dying alot more and getting loads of kill assists. Ended the game like 28/20 and what seemed to be like 50 kill assists. I've tested it out loads of times now, It seems like everyone has 50% more health and I get mostly kill assists and the odd kill.

I only play on European servers generally UK/German ones. I've almost unlocked magnum ammo, hopefully it compensates for the shitty hitreg. Hardcore is fine as is Vietnam (weapons are much better in Vietnam, and Vietnam Hardcore is just rape...the Medic + Thompson in Vietnam is a surefire way of finishing top of the scoreboard)

There's not much of a difference between 24 and 32 anyway in terms of the experience/enjoyment. 32 is a little more chaotic but the maps aren't really designed for it anyway. The better hitreg more than makes up for it if there is.

Aside from that I really don't have any gripes with this game. Zero balance issues IMO. I don't think I've ever said that about an online game.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2011-01-07 18:06:31)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
mek had it occurred to you that more people on your team = more people shooting at what you're shooting and and more people on the enemy team = more chance for you to be spotted and killed.

Last edited by FatherTed (2011-01-07 18:18:48)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Yes it has occurred to me. That doesn't explain why bitches don't get dropped as easy when I shoot them when the server player count is high.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
hum. you could solve all these problems by using CG i suppose, works for me
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
but yeh hitreg is a bit funky tbqh, shooting at people running horizontal for you (sniper is the best example) - 8/10 i see the blood but no hit notification.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

Mekstizzle wrote:

Yes it has occurred to me. That doesn't explain why bitches don't get dropped as easy when I shoot them when the server player count is high.
sounds like you need an equipment upgrade

https://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2713/imagesiphoneglasses11.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I was never a fan of using rockets to kill bags of meat. From Quake to this game. I tried using the CG once today to kill some infantry and I hit him pretty close but the fucker survived. It's easier to just shoot the bastards and have the RPG to take down tanks and shit.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

Mekstizzle wrote:

I was never a fan of using rockets to kill bags of meat. From Quake to this game. I tried using the CG once today to kill some infantry and I hit him pretty close but the fucker survived. It's easier to just shoot the bastards and have the RPG to take down tanks and shit.
yeah but the rage it creates is
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FloppY_
­

Mekstizzle wrote:

It's not very good since the nerf (thank god).. before that you just had to aim in their general direction and the blast would kill anyone within ~5 metres of the impact...

On flat maps I prefer the AT4 over the RPG tbh however with hills tracer darts are just a must, maybe because I've been using AT4 so much lately due to getting plat. on it...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-01-07 20:22:14)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
just spoke to some EA duder on livechat and he gave me vet status 5 (wrong games but lol idc)
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FloppY_
­

FatherTed wrote:

just spoke to some EA duder on livechat and he gave me vet status 5 (wrong games but lol idc)
I got all the PC games and those are only enough for rank4
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

burnzz wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

sounds like you need an equipment upgrade

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2713 … sses11.jpg
LUMOS MAXIMA.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

FloppY_ wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

I got all the PC games and those are only enough for rank4 :/
1942, BF2, 2142, Heroes (i want that hour of my life back) BFBC1 BFBC2

xbox too u c
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FloppY_
­

FatherTed wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

I got all the PC games and those are only enough for rank4
1942, BF2, 2142, Heroes (i want that hour of my life back) BFBC1 BFBC2

xbox too u c
I quite enjoyed Heroes, you shouldn't take it serious, more like a free-to-play game (which, it is)...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard