( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6298|what

bennisboy wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Short sell everything.

Buy to cover on day 59.

Let's do it.
Short selling is such a scam, I have no idea how they can justify it's legality in the US.
its actually really not a scam, its quite a simple premise
Yeah but the traders are hoping on a stock failing, and I would not be surprised if they used whatever means at their disposal to make the stocks fall to achieve that goal.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
bennisboy
+829|6791|Poundland

AussieReaper wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Short selling is such a scam, I have no idea how they can justify it's legality in the US.
Yeah but the traders are hoping on a stock failing, and I would not be surprised if they used whatever means at their disposal to make the stocks fall to achieve that goal.
omgzzzzzz conspiracy theories
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6298|what

bennisboy wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nye/pr/2006/2006Oct02.html
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
bennisboy
+829|6791|Poundland

AussieReaper wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nye/pr/2006/2006Oct02.html
I would say wow, if people weren't also engaging in insider trading to make stocks they're long in go up as well. This shit happens both ways. In the long term, the value of a stock approaches its underlying value
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5503|London, England

DrunkFace wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Short sell everything.

Buy to cover on day 59.

Let's do it.
Umm, why? It's the same as a normal trade, just in reverse. The same risks apply.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

bennisboy wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Short sell everything.

Buy to cover on day 59.

Let's do it.
But he heard it on tv during the financial crisis so it must be true Those poor mean people put AIG out of business because it made stupid decisions! How dare they!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6826|Disaster Free Zone

JohnG@lt wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Short sell everything.

Buy to cover on day 59.

Let's do it.
Umm, why? It's the same as a normal trade, just in reverse. The same risks apply.
You're selling something you don't own.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DrunkFace wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

You're selling something you don't own.
No, you're buying a stock at a lower level than and replacing the stock of someone else.

Person A is holding a stock they bought at $50. Person B "borrows" the stock, sells it, and rebuys the stock at $47. He then replaces Person A's stock with the shares bought at $47. Person A receives a fee for allowing his stock to be used. Person B gains $3 minus the shorting fee. Everyone makes money in this situation. Person B takes on the risk that the shares will not decrease in price and if that happens he is out whatever the cost increased by plus the fee. Person A simply mitigates the losses he would've taken by holding the stock long term through a dip (or makes a profit if the shorter made the wrong decision). There is a lot of risk involved. It is by no means 'free money'.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2011-01-06 06:01:23)

-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6144|Vortex Ring State
fuck yeaaaaaaaaa

"FLIR Systems Awarded U.S. Customs and Border Protection Contract Valued at up to $101.9 Million to Support Mobile Surveillance Capabilities"
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|5113|Dundee, Scotland.

mcminty wrote:

Camm wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

I'm counting on GOOG to pump up my losses

I'm 10/18, dissapoint...

Fuckin Camm has first with his Verizon bs,
Just you watch, verizon is smart money
iphone on verizon, ay?
nada, we don't get Verizon in uk
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6642

mcminty wrote:

Camm wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

I'm counting on GOOG to pump up my losses

I'm 10/18, dissapoint...

Fuckin Camm has first with his Verizon bs,
Just you watch, verizon is smart money
iphone on verizon, ay?
right now Verizon is selling the ipad with a five device mobile hotspot. when i asked the rep if that meant iphone was coming over, he said "i dunno lol"

at&t is fucked.
bennisboy
+829|6791|Poundland
I hate how you cant trade for opening. I wanted to short HAL (the concrete provider for the rig in the BP crisis, cos there was a probe slating them), as soon as the market opened, it dropped like a stone, but the damn delay wouldn't let me profit from it
bennisboy
+829|6791|Poundland
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Well, that hurt me a bit
-Frederick Bastiat
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6804|BC, Canada
good morning so far.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|6106|Places 'n such
cokes making my biggest loss. Sold some microsoft and bought more google... reckon its all going to go wrong soon.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
bennisboy
+829|6791|Poundland

JohnG@lt wrote:

Well, that hurt me a bit
haha, see thats why the trade delays annoy me.

Also we cant buy "preferred" stocks? WTF?
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6804|BC, Canada
sold a chunk of my citigroup and bought up more MagneTek. And another chunk for some Nautilus.

Last edited by Nic (2011-01-06 08:00:59)

bennisboy
+829|6791|Poundland
shorting RioTinto cos of the aussie floods is doing me very well indeed
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
Verizon have raperoonied me.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5933|Catherine Black
Just bought 2.5k shares of that lolz
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5933|Catherine Black

Camm wrote:

I knew it was a good idea to get rid of that shit stock.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Finray wrote:

Camm wrote:

I knew it was a good idea to get rid of that shit stock.
tsh. just you wait and see.
bennisboy
+829|6791|Poundland
tbh, over 2 months none of us are gonna make much. I might create a test portfolio to see what investing in indexes would return
bennisboy
+829|6791|Poundland
also rio tinto is about to hit a new low. Monies flying to me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard